Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 04:29:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CONGRATULATIONS  (Read 7822 times)
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2008, 07:49:57 pm »

Notwithstanding the fact that Rugby was played before motorsport was invented and myself being from those western wetlands commonly called Wales.

But congrations to Wales in securing a 26-19 win over our cousins who reside east of Offa's Dyke.

Can I finish that pint of Brains' now in peace.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 07:52:07 pm by Leftie » Logged

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 09:01:03 pm »

Yep, great result. 20 years since the last win at Twickenham. I think England contributed by losing their way a bit in the second half, but take nothing away from the Welsh boys. This, speaking as an Englishman living in Wales and just coming home from the pub, having watched it with them. There's always a great atmosphere in the pubs here when the rugby is on and no animosity, unlike the game with the round ball.....

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Petra
Would rather still be a Newbie
CA Veteran

DfH member and proud owner of Albert CB!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 09:19:44 pm »

So it's not just football they lose at Grin

2 cats, 6 rabbits, 2 guinea pigs, lots of mice, 1 syrian hamster, 1 chinchilla, a lot of fun!
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 05:57:13 am »

Hi Leftie,
            Happiness is having Welsh friends Roll Eyes Congratulations on winning the game.
 I would however like to point out. Motorsport is mentioned in the Bible which is more than can be said for Rugby. " Moses came Fourth in his Triumph...... they don't tell us who was on the podium though Huh Grin
 Phil

Notwithstanding the fact that Rugby was played before motorsport was invented and myself being from those western wetlands commonly called Wales.

But congrations to Wales in securing a 26-19 win over our cousins who reside east of Offa's Dyke.

Can I finish that pint of Brains' now in peace.
Petra
Would rather still be a Newbie
CA Veteran

DfH member and proud owner of Albert CB!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 09:13:12 am »

" Moses came Fourth in his Triumph...... they don't tell us who was on the podium though Huh Grin

Cheesy

2 cats, 6 rabbits, 2 guinea pigs, lots of mice, 1 syrian hamster, 1 chinchilla, a lot of fun!
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 06:55:02 pm »

" Moses came Fourth in his Triumph...... they don't tell us who was on the podium though Huh Grin

Cheesy

Grin

They have lumps of what round the back???
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 07:13:30 pm »

Cheesy

Probably 3 Audi's Sad
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 12:16:02 am »

Hi Leftie,
            Happiness is having Welsh friends Roll Eyes Congratulations on winning the game.
 I would however like to point out. Motorsport is mentioned in the Bible which is more than can be said for Rugby. " Moses came Fourth in his Triumph...... they don't tell us who was on the podium though Huh Grin
 Phil

Phil,

You're very observant with that one mate. But the Bible also says 'God burnt up the desert in his Triumph', so presumable it was a drag race.

So I would presume Moses borrowed the Triumph and God placed him as a named driver or there were two of them!!!

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 06:29:58 am »

Hi Leftie,
 Phil

Phil,

You're very observant with that one mate. But the Bible also says 'God burnt up the desert in his Triumph', so presumable it was a drag race.

So I would presume Moses borrowed the Triumph and God placed him as a named driver or there were two of them!!!

Hi Leftie,
            Only two in a Drag race so that must have been a different event.
as Triumph is the only marque mentioned maybe they were all Triumphs and not Audi's as Barry suggests. Or just bad coverage by the print media again. Grin
Phil
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 01:34:36 am »

Hi Leftie,
 Phil

Phil,

Hi Leftie,
            Only two in a Drag race so that must have been a different event.
as Triumph is the only marque mentioned maybe they were all Triumphs and not Audi's as Barry suggests. Or just bad coverage by the print media again. Grin
Phil

Can you imagine them hammering & chiseling the tablets that quickly to be in the News the next morning!!!!

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 09:53:35 am »

Phil,

Excellent post, brought a nice smile to the face this morning.  Mind you, David's Triumph must have had a knackered exhaust, because his was "heard thoughout the land"....... Smiley

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 10:00:19 am »

And the big man himself must have had a liking for a nice classic American Plymouth, because he drove Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden in a Fury..... Smiley

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 01:48:17 pm »

Are we all religious to the holy beer fields of LeMans, leaving the homeland in mass Exodos on our annual pilgirmage to LeSarthe

Andy
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 01:23:45 am »

Mark,

I think I agree with Any, Biblical quote and all that.

So, the race was between Triumph's and Fury's. Results we now have - Triumph, Fury, ?, Triumph. The '?' must have been 'Excaliber'.

Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 01:29:18 am »

Yep, great result. 20 years since the last win at Twickenham. I think England contributed by losing their way a bit in the second half, but take nothing away from the Welsh boys. This, speaking as an Englishman living in Wales and just coming home from the pub, having watched it with them. There's always a great atmosphere in the pubs here when the rugby is on and no animosity, unlike the game with the round ball.....

In fact, didn't Wales beet England in 1999 at Twicker's! I'll check up.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: