Club Arnage
September 25, 2024, 07:17:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camping Parking advice  (Read 3837 times)
Bentley boy
CA Veteran

A quoi bon

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2008, 01:00:34 pm »

Hi

Could do with some advice if poss  Kiss  laugh

I've been to Le Mans every year since 2001 by Coach Cry , this year I'd thought I'd make it a bit more interesting & drive over.
I'm going over early Friday but want to visit Normandy on route then stop in a B&B Friday night.

What I'd like to know if I arrived on Saturday morning what are the changes of getting pitched in any campsite ?(don't car where as I'll bring a push bike or don't mind a long walk (having done the Arnage, Mulsanne corner to Tertre Rouge walk once, never again  Grin )
With the campsites even when booked is it a bun fight if you turn up late like I plan too?
Or how about car parks can I just turn up or do I book in advance? do security get narky if you catch a few ZZZ's in the car.

Thanks!
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 01:24:26 pm »

Hi, as I see it there are two main choices - go for one of the sites that has allocated pitches, Houx, MB, Bleu Nord (and others?) and be fairly sure that your space will be there when you arrive.  Or go for one of the non-numbered ones (BSJ, Technoparc, Expo, HA (correct?)) and just find yourself a bit of space when you get there.

I'd have a look on the sale and swap forum, there are still some folks juggling Bleu Nord allocations who would sell you one at cost price plus postage - we are hoping that the CA allocations are in the same area so whoever you buy from may be able to ensure that your pitch stays available for you so there isn't any problem.   Allocated pitches are new for MB & BN this year so it's anyone's guess at the moment how successful it will be! 
Bentley boy
CA Veteran

A quoi bon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 11:59:23 am »

Hi

As Piglet says, you best chance is to get a camping ticket like Bleu Nord, plenty for sale on here, look at the Sell and Swop section and come along and meet a few of us.

Thanks for the advice Smiley I've decided on getting a camping pass & arriving probably Friday evening( will I have to dodge the burnouts etc Grin  ). I might miss some of the fun but maybe I'll get down earlier next year laugh

If you fancy a T Shirt have a look on the thread started by Delboy, excellent shirt and you'll be on your way to becoming a fully fledged member of Club Arnage

I Could do with another T-shirt anyway  Wink  Wink  Grin
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 12:32:05 pm »

Welcome to the site.

Your doing roughly what I am BUT im going over Thursday night / Friday morning and going to my parents near lemans. A friend is pitching the tents when they get there on Monday so we have space and on the way HOME we are going to Normandy, the beaches etc Smiley hopefully the police etc will have calmed down by then aswell after the race!

Get your tshirt order in aswell its for a good cause Smiley

geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 12:53:36 pm »

on the way HOME we are going to Normandy, the beaches etc Smiley hopefully the police etc will have calmed down by then aswell after the race!

I wouldn't bet on it unless you are leaving late on monday or even tuesday....

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 02:25:52 pm »

on the way HOME we are going to Normandy, the beaches etc Smiley hopefully the police etc will have calmed down by then aswell after the race!

I wouldn't bet on it unless you are leaving late on monday or even tuesday....
staying at the parents monday and tuesday then heading north Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: