Club Arnage
September 25, 2024, 01:14:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Campsite Decision  (Read 8677 times)
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2008, 12:57:17 pm »

Got my allocation letter yesterday - Bleu Nord.

In the meantime I have also purchased 6 HA tickets from Team Langoustine and it would appear that most MB'ers are going to be there.

Is the general decision?

If so I have 4 Bleu Nord tickets to be bought from the ACO. Does anyone want them? If not I'll just cancel the order.

I think we should give serious thought to using an agent next year as we are going to get f**k all from the ACO again. More expensive - yes but worth it to actually get where want and together!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 02:12:41 pm by Steve Brown » Logged

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 01:05:40 pm »

We will be on MB, but it does appear that lots of CA'ers will be on HA.    We'll stick where we are as being close to the village is key for us.

BUT we have fairly well decided that this will be our last LM 24 for a few years.   It's becoming too much hassle to put a trip together, next year is only going to be worse unless we stump up through an Agent.   Last year was a pain on-site with the bloody fire lanes that they policed for the first few days and then got bored with.   KK's media access is becoming tricker and that involves the annual "what overalls will they want this year" debate - just so the ACO can then change the rules on arrival!    Also I don't have enough holiday to go around all that we want to do so we'll drop LM for a few years and just do the Classic on the alternate years until the ACO ruin that as well. 

Anyone for a big Spa trip next year  Grin
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 01:12:43 pm »

It might be good to have a "round up" of who's where?  We're on BN and will stick with it as we only use the site for about 10 hours kip in all and not a lot else.  Pity if a lot of strangers are stuck in amongst those who are still on there though, so it would be good if they got sold on here rather than get passed back to the ACO by anybody who's been allocated them and doesn't want them though -you don't know what kind of riff-raff we'll have to kip next to otherwise and the group security feeling wouldn't be so good.  The ACO (for good or ill) had tried to keep the group booking so we would all be next to one another, after all.

Just a thought.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 02:31:20 pm »

The ACO (for good or ill) had tried to keep the group booking so we would all be next to one another, after all.

Just a thought.

I'm not sure they have - some of us got BSJ rather than Bleu which blows the "they tried to keep us together" theory for me. 

I wouldn't want to bet very much that the BN allocations are all together....It would be lovely if they are but I'd not hold my breathe (happy to be proved wrong!)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 03:16:57 pm »

That's odd because as far as I can see, everybody who booked via me was  moved onto BN unless they asked for something other than MB in the first place. Huh  When I spoke to the women in the office after my letter came through, they told me they could not fit the 100+ people together into the mini-MB so put us all on BN as it was nearest. In the "Termie's submission" thread I don't see anybody who got moved to BSJ.  Must have missed something.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 03:29:48 pm »

That's not entirely true about BN, we were bumped all the way to the depths of BSJ !! We now have HA through Team Langoustine.

Rusty

The Brethren Rock
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 03:50:50 pm »

That's not entirely true about BN, we were bumped all the way to the depths of BSJ !! We now have HA through Team Langoustine.

Rusty
Did you ask for a different Section, perhaps, Rusty?  I think you may have asked for D or E - I think all the B-ers were put on BN.  Maybe that it the explanation?

Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 03:58:49 pm »

No, I specifically asked for 'B'  Angry

The Brethren Rock
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 04:03:36 pm »

No, I specifically asked for 'B'  Angry
I'll wind the women up when I see them again!

Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 04:39:34 pm »

My first choice was KN......and was offered TECHNOPARC........by the ACO.

Have now gone for BN with the tourist information.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 05:43:48 pm »

I'm glad I don't camp!

No aggravation for me this year.

I requested 2 ACO Grandstand tickets and Blanc parking just after the test weekend and got them both!
We have a rolling booking with a hotel for 24hrs and Classic, so no trouble there.  Apart from having to share it with Rollcentre,  who are a great bunch of people by the way.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 06:10:50 pm »

I'm glad I don't camp!

No aggravation for me this year.

I requested 2 ACO Grandstand tickets and Blanc parking just after the test weekend and got them both!
We have a rolling booking with a hotel for 24hrs and Classic, so no trouble there.  Apart from having to share it with Rollcentre,  who are a great bunch of people by the way.
I know what you mean.  It never bothers me as I have my own hotel down the road (sadly without the Rollcentres!)  Nice to have a base after the DFH Friday do, but barring that the tent hardly sees me.  Up until three years ago when we made the big move we just had a gite and kipped in the car or on the Mulsanne banking for a couple of hours on Saturday night. Ah, them were t' days...

John Boy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 08:59:16 pm »

Got our allocation this morning.  We weren't in Termie's bunch but also asked for MB (didn't specify a zone) and got bumped to BN.  I'm just trying to think how I can spend the 60 euros I saved.

I assume faxing back the payment details is OK, as this is the first year we've gone through the ACO

If sponges didn't grow in the sea just think how deep it would be!!
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 09:59:35 pm »

I assume faxing back the payment details is OK, as this is the first year we've gone through the ACO

You assume correctly, John.  Faxing is much safer than emailing the details.  Remember to quote the client/booking reference in your response.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 10:05:54 pm »

Got our allocation this morning.  We weren't in Termie's bunch but also asked for MB (didn't specify a zone) and got bumped to BN.  I'm just trying to think how I can spend the 60 euros I saved.

Simple answer    -BEER

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: