Club Arnage
September 24, 2024, 09:21:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm Bored!  (Read 6036 times)
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2008, 02:06:06 am »

For the last 3 months been paperwork at home and visiting site fairly regularly.

Really getting pissed off doing 'As Builts' and final filing. So been working part time and visiting my 'local' at lunch time. Every working day! Basically, we have been delayed on phase 2 and I'm trying to spead the time so to speal.

But today was different. Yes, today I went to 'local', then home for shower prior Chiropractor (my back). Have to have XRays on Tuesday (booked).

Walking back home, called into offy for a bottle of FG when I got a call!!!!!!!

Client needs all paperwork. Client needs me to take 1-3 month 'holiday'!!!!!!!! before phase 2 and aint got any work or 'funds' to pay me for time away. Being a contractor, I have no option.

They have 7 big jobs and every one has been delayed.

They do this at their risk though. Once I sign a 3-6 contract, I will not terminate early as I do not 'Burn Bridges'.

Am I Right or Wrong in that?

But what the F***, I am enjoying life.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2008, 03:14:17 am »

For the last 3 months been paperwork at home and visiting site fairly regularly.

Really getting pissed off doing 'As Builts' and final filing. So been working part time and visiting my 'local' at lunch time. Every working day! Basically, we have been delayed on phase 2 and I'm trying to spead the time so to speal.

But today was different. Yes, today I went to 'local', then home for shower prior Chiropractor (my back). Have to have XRays on Tuesday (booked).

Client needs all paperwork. Client needs me to take 1-3 month 'holiday'!!!!!!!! before phase 2 and aint got any work or 'funds' to pay me for time away. Being a contractor, I have no option.

They do this at their risk though. Once I sign a 3-6 contract, I will not terminate early as I do not 'Burn Bridges'.

May be of no help whatso ever... but had a call from one of my agency honeys a couple of days ago... looking for a Surveyor... call me if you want more info. PP
I gave up private stuff 6 years ago as I dont like being treated like that...... Sad

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2008, 06:55:21 pm »

May be of no help whatso ever... but had a call from one of my agency honeys a couple of days ago... looking for a Surveyor... call me if you want more info. PP
I gave up private stuff 6 years ago as I dont like being treated like that...... Sad

Im a recruiter myself - I look after construction PM's, but used to look after surveyors, main contractor and PQS, I still know a few people so if you need a new contract it's worth dropping me a PM, the least I would do is put you in touch with a couple of people (non monkey type recruiters who won't fling your CV forward for an administrators job or anything) and take a look at what I've got going on at the moment for you.

Construction companies are calling upon flexible resource more and more as economic uncertainty leads them to keep thier options open so that they can "dispose" of staff when necessary - contractors give them that option.  If your client has no more work for you, you have to look after yourself - tell them one of you is giving notice, and that if they want you back they can either find you something to do, or risk you not being available when they need you - you're a flexible resource, not a flaming call off consultancy.....clients wind me up sometimes Smiley

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: