Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 04:19:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2008 allocation - Termie's submission  (Read 19329 times)
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2008, 09:17:03 am »

I suspect they will be on MB again this year.

Definate case of 'loads of money yobs' who will use an agency.

Good call Barry!

It could be quite interesting though as I'm guessing they'll need about 10 camping spaces in a straight line (thinking numbered pitches) to fit a truck like that on, if not more, and they are by no means guaranteed that formation (or going by the way the ACO allocated my Grandstand seats a couple of years ago they might not even get pitches together!!)
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2008, 10:20:20 am »

Great  Roll Eyes

We've pretty much decided that we're only going to get to MB on either Wednesday or Thursday, we'll probably go out on the Saturday but will camp elsewhere in France for the first part of the week.  I don't mind huge amounts of noise at the end of the week, it's Monday/Tuesday when everyone is knackered after getting down there and setting up. 
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2008, 12:21:43 pm »

Good call Barry!

It could be quite interesting though as I'm guessing they'll need about 10 camping spaces in a straight line (thinking numbered pitches) to fit a truck like that on, if not more, and they are by no means guaranteed that formation (or going by the way the ACO allocated my Grandstand seats a couple of years ago they might not even get pitches together!!)
They had the same issue last year, and part of the 'let us do what we want, or I'll block the entrance' was that they could just pitch where they wanted. Roll Eyes They'll probably try the same stunt this year then.

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Stephen Collins

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2008, 02:27:48 pm »

Hi this is Steve, I am the bloke who has been first into MB last three years.  If you are talking about the Luton boys with the truck then I have heard they are going to BSJ.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2008, 02:45:10 pm »

Welcome to the site Steve - I hope you are right, that would be good news!

Have you managed to get MB tickets?   Who do you camp with? I'm trying to work out if I know you?

We've been next to Brenda and Nick, opposite the Pope and the PC Pirates for the last two years.
Stephen Collins

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2008, 03:13:01 pm »

When we get into the camp P C Pirates Pope the Lawnmower boys and the rest go track side I go the other way and camp by the perimeter fence.  I am always wearing what looks like a cowboy hat (Its an aussi acoobra) the P C Pirates refer to me as Steve with the hat and I watch the race standing on a set of steps on the mound in MB. Assuming you have been on MB some time John Steel of the Lawnmower boys normally introduces me as "That idot who rolled the red pickup truck a few years ago".

After being issued Blue Nord and many phone calls to the ACO we appear to have our allication on MB.  The only confusing thing is we apprantly have been allicated more camping spaces than vehicles so I dont know is there will be diffrent tickets for plots and cars?  They cant organise it with 1 type of ticket let alone 2.

Only 120 days and counting
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2008, 03:14:50 pm »

As for the trucks, it clearly states (in French) on their pdf file trucks will always be allowed to unload but officially not to park. By the time we are halfway unloading our truck, we will have the bar up and running, and so it's usually no problem for the security guys as we fill them up with free beer Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2008, 03:17:37 pm »

I remember the pick up, rumour had it that you had sold it, but was using it for Le Man first, was that true and did you drive it back with the low slung cab roof. Wink
Brian.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Stephen Collins

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2008, 03:37:52 pm »

We spent 3 days hammering the roof back up and fitting plastic screen, then drove it home, the only real problem was driving on the wrong side of the road with no mirrors.

A bloke that works for me was going to have it as his company vehicle when I got back.  He was not happy.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2008, 04:02:13 pm »

We spent 3 days hammering the roof back up and fitting plastic screen, then drove it home, the only real problem was driving on the wrong side of the road with no mirrors.

A bloke that works for me was going to have it as his company vehicle when I got back.  He was not happy.

I remember you Steve, the rolled red pickup. When I got there (MB Site) it had a cover over the roof. It was not till the next day when the cover was taken off that you saw the damage.

I also remember you hammering the roof back and sealing the roof. I lent you the gaffer tape!

Also I set up the shower (by the wall) which everyone used, as it was bloody hot that year.

Must have been 2001/02?  (I had a silver Disco at the time), not sure if I ever had a pic of the pick-up damage.

Small world.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2008, 04:25:07 pm »

As for the trucks, it clearly states (in French) on their pdf file trucks will always be allowed to unload but officially not to park. By the time we are halfway unloading our truck, we will have the bar up and running, and so it's usually no problem for the security guys as we fill them up with free beer Grin

We'll just tell them it is a dutch tent with wheels!! What do they know? Grin
To be fair, as long as we keep it on our allocated space, they can't really make a fuss about it can they? We have done it for two years in a row and never had any problems, so not expecting any this year either.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: