Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 06:23:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2008 allocation - Termie's submission  (Read 19355 times)
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2008, 04:12:27 pm »

I've just received this ACO email following my query as to why I was not allocated HA even though our booking went in on the first day of orders.  Roll Eyes

"Dear Sir,
Due to some works there are less places in Houx annexe, that’s the reason why you got Bleu Nord. People who have been coming for over 20 years got the priority. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Sincerely,

Service Réservation / Booking Office"

Ticket agencies that pay us a premium got the priority more likely!     

Steve East Anglian cobras

DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2008, 05:59:03 pm »

I've just received this ACO email following my query as to why I was not allocated HA even though our booking went in on the first day of orders.  Roll Eyes

"Dear Sir,
Due to some works there are less places in Houx annexe, that’s the reason why you got Bleu Nord. People who have been coming for over 20 years got the priority. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Sincerely,

Service Réservation / Booking Office"

Ticket agencies that pay us a premium got the priority more likely!     

I had a very similar 'conversation' with them, with the same results.  I wrote back saying I had been going for over 40 years, even attaching a copy of the 1967 program - to which I got this response:

Dear Sir,

We have some new contracts with some agencies and we allocated some places in Maison Blanche.

Furthermore, we have a system of regular clients and even some of these people who have places in Maison Blanche since more than 20 years won’t be able to go there because of the works.

Best regards,

At least they admitted that the agencies got priority.

How can they have records of people ordering 20 years ago??  You didn't have to book till the mid 90's - just turned up at the campsite and paid the man on the gate!

The big problem here, I believe, is that when we send emails to the ticket office, we are only dealing with the office staff, who are probably doing an excellent job within the confines of the remit handed down from the decision/policy makers in the upper echelons of the ACO.  It is those people that we have to get access to in order to have any chance of changing or influencing the policy.  I believe we would have a greater chance of being heard at such levels if we approached them as a body (CA??), rather than as individuals. 

Perhaps we need a person or committee to investigate how best to do this and to analyse various options like becoming a ticket agency, calling on any 'influential' contacts etc etc  (NB This is outside of the remit of the Fundraising Committee).

Any offers??

Del

Team Delboy Racing
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2008, 06:19:49 pm »

There was a thread on the porsche club GB forum last year about their discussion with the ACO regarding their site, it may give some hint as to what is involved and who to contact.
I'll try to find it.
BTW I don't have a Porsche , but I would like one !
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2008, 06:43:00 pm »

I'm pretty sure there is a preference for when you got onto their system but it does appear that they have shunted a higher percentage of tickets out to the agencies as the agencies seem to have loads of MB and HA this year.

The chap I bought a MB pass from on ebay a couple of years ago seemed to be magic list but all he did  was flogged his passes on ebay and took the money - I'm not even sure if he still goes.  I know they have to have some form of selection but it's not terribly encouraging for those of us who are clearly deemed to be at the bottom of the food chain!! 

It's what has fuelled our decision to probably stop going after this year.  We applied via Termies order but got BSJ.  Next year is only likely to be worse if HA goes and what are our chances of picking up Bleu Nord or MB tickets given that they are all numbered.   BSJ just doesn't work for us as a site because of access to the media centre.   We love the event, but there are plenty of other events we want to go to that don't give the level of difficulty so it'll be time for a break.

The other issue of course is what is going to happen when we get there - another year of enforcing fire lanes until Wednesday and then getting bored so we ended up with people pitched three inches away from us in what had previously been the fire lane.  I told them they would get moved and they said that Security put them there as there was no other room!!!   

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2008, 01:31:39 am »

The other issue of course is what is going to happen when we get there - another year of enforcing fire lanes until Wednesday and then getting bored so we ended up with people pitched three inches away from us in what had previously been the fire lane.  I told them they would get moved and they said that Security put them there as there was no other room!!!   

I agree with you entirely Anita. My only hope is that numbered pitches would stop this sort of thing.

Many of us (you included this year by buying four tickets for two vehicles?) buy more pitches than we need for vehicular access to include space for gazebos, motorhomes,  (no longer allowed) paddling pools, and if DfH's case.....stages and bars. However, in my mind (and this may be controversial and if so I apologise) it's the people who walk on to a campsite with no ticket that they should be addressing, or those that buy one ticket for an HGV (with crap LOUD music) an take up 10 times more space than they paid for!) that should be thrown off to BSJ (or Marseilles)
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2008, 03:34:59 pm »

I remember reading somewhere that trucks were not going to be allowed on MB.  Or has that always been the case??

Del

Team Delboy Racing
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2008, 04:17:49 pm »

We heared that rumour already the last three years Del, so we'll wait and see what happens when our truck turns up.  police

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2008, 04:33:01 pm »

I remember reading somewhere that trucks were not going to be allowed on MB.  Or has that always been the case??

Del

I saw the guys with the truck last year, and asked the same question.

They told me that they were at the front of the que, and if they were not allowed on site, they had threatened to up-hook the unit and leave it at the front and block the entrance. So I think it was sheer ignorance, awkness and gung-ho attidute! After speaking to them, sounds about right. Glad I was not camp next to them.

But your right, if you look at the campsite details (the ACO one) if says no trucks, the only site seems to be BSJ.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2008, 05:22:36 pm »

So I think it was sheer ignorance, awkness and gung-ho attidute! After speaking to them, sounds about right. Glad I was not camp next to them.
Sounds like the ones camped near us, and opposite Piglet.

Their biggest fault, an absolute appaling taste of music
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2008, 08:43:29 pm »

It did state that last year, but who cares!!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2008, 08:48:53 pm »

I was thinking that they might not get on MB if it was a new rule.

But then again, DfH would also have a problem if it was enforced.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2008, 08:52:57 pm »

So I think it was sheer ignorance, awkness and gung-ho attidute! After speaking to them, sounds about right. Glad I was not camp next to them.

No it was not them! (unless it was the silver truck, loads of bikes and load bad taste music) -then it may ( Roll Eyes ) have been them.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2008, 10:14:43 pm »

Those are the same guys Neil. They where just across the road form our campsite, trackside.

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2008, 11:04:50 pm »

No it was not them! (unless it was the silver truck, loads of bikes and load bad taste music) -then it may ( Roll Eyes ) have been them.

That's them - absolute bunch of tossers.  Music up at full volume until 4am from the first Monday isn't much fun for those around them.  I went and spoke to them a couple of times and their response was that they were on holiday and they could do what the f**k they wanted  Roll Eyes   It's a charming attitude that appears to be quite common in Britain these days. 

To give the ACO their due, they tried to deal with them and there were a couple of nights mid week when it was deathly quiet.  Unfortunately we were in line of sight of their speakers  Angry
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2008, 11:30:38 pm »

I suspect they will be on MB again this year.

Definate case of 'loads of money yobs' who will use an agency.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: