Club Arnage
July 09, 2024, 12:23:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well that's the ferry booked!  (Read 21391 times)
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2008, 12:53:42 pm »

Not sure I need to know about the Nuns Rex.  Shocked The Gimp certainly doesn't following the infamous incident with the contaminated wimple in Chartres cathedral a few years ago.

Rusty, I think we'll try to work in a stop at Rouen too this year as we're probably sailing to/from Dieppe. Footy and the Irish bar sounds good, will you be staying in the "free" Holiday Inn, a la the 04 Classic?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2009, 10:34:14 pm »

Well... LD lines have got wise to our invasion weekend. Just got a price for our return crossing, leaving Friday 5th ovenite and returning Tuesday 16th at 5pm.... £276... but that is for Myself, Lady PP and Princess Alex of Warsaw so not so bad and 2 extra days away to boot
Booking will be made Friday once funds are received.
Its all starting again... excitement is building Grin

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2009, 09:33:36 am »

Despite the divorce threats (nothing new there and quite frankly I become less troubled by that scenario every year) DrS and his Barrel o Monkeys have just handed over gold and silver to that dandy highwayman of the high seas Mr Brittany Turpin. Shorter and sweeter this year, travelling out on the vomit comet Poole to C'berg on Friday morning and returning Sunday, four up in the yellow truck for the princely sum of £276.

Oh hum.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
mal
CA Veteran

We are the Flying Baguettes!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2009, 10:29:25 am »

Just booked the Flying Baguettes on Wednesday 10th at 10.30 Newhaven/Dieppe back Monday at 18.00. Cost per car £130.00  Smiley Slightly reduced group this year - only 26 of us. Will be up for doing some music on Friday night if there is a place to play!!
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2009, 04:13:44 pm »

Looks like LD have opened up June sailings for Dover to Boulogne,  I've just priced up my trip, Thursday 11th out, Monday 15th return, 2 up in the car for £35,  bit of a bargain methinks!  I will book it soon before they realise....

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2009, 07:25:38 pm »

Just booked Newhaven to Dieppe , one way £79  on 10th at 22:30 arriving 03:30! - so arriving at LM just in time for breakfast.

Now need to find a suitable ferry back on the 15th.
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2009, 06:35:01 pm »

I've now booked the ferry back; 14:00 Dunkerque to Dover with Norfolkline, booked via aferry.to as this gave me the price in pounds (£26) vs the ferrys own site whick gave the cost only in euros (39). 
Buck Bundy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2009, 11:50:29 pm »

Just booked the Stena HSS from Holyhead to Dun Laogaire, then Irish Ferries Rosslare to Roscoff 4 days later on Wednesday 10th, going back Monday morning Cherbourg to Poole with Brittany Ferries.

Should be an interesting trip!

Buck
Jack the Hat

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2009, 08:37:28 am »

Team extreme LD lines Dover to Boulogne out on monday the 8th at 10.45 7 cars return £343 back on the 16th. NICE

The only way is Sideways
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2009, 12:26:49 pm »

Team extreme LD lines Dover to Boulogne out on monday the 8th at 10.45 7 cars return £343 back on the 16th. NICE

The benefits of early booking - I booked mine last september.  LD lines, car + 7m caravan, out sunday 7th back on 16th -£227.50

Grin Grin

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2009, 01:42:18 pm »

The benefits of early booking - I booked mine last september.  LD lines, car + 7m caravan, out sunday 7th back on 16th -£227.50

Grin Grin

Del

Del, I think he means he booked 7 cars for £343! i.e. £49 each, the benefits of late booking!  Wink

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2009, 04:13:57 pm »

Del, I think he means he booked 7 cars for £343! i.e. £49 each, the benefits of late booking!  Wink

Ah.....memo to self - please read the details of posts before opening mouth.

Also just noticed he has booked the short crossing, whereas I am on Pompey - Le Harvre.  Friends of mine booked the same crossings as me just before Xmas, just a car and 4 people (no caravan), and it came to £460 - albeit he has booked a cabin for the outbound crossing.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2009, 05:54:44 pm »

I think LD lines are charging too little , theyll probably go bust!
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2009, 09:09:59 am »

I hope not!

Anyway Louis Dreyfus is a very large French company with a wide range of activities, not just a cross channel ferry.

I'd be more worried about SeaFrance personally....

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2009, 06:35:08 pm »

Ah , must be trying to put the rest out of business then, so that they can charge more next year. Norfolkline are cheap as well but thats the return ferry so not so important!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: