Club Arnage
September 23, 2024, 08:25:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting around at Le Mans  (Read 9536 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 03:30:37 pm »

Feet every time.  And being a grumpy old woman, I get very p*ssed off being run over by lazy gits who seem to have lost the use of theirs.  Ducks for cover.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2008, 03:53:03 pm »

Walking fro me too - I borrowed a bike some of the time last year, but TBH it wasn't much quicker as the Jean-Claudes at the KN entry gate wouldn't let them into the circuit, so had to go the long way with it every time. Gave up in the end.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 04:05:17 pm »

Yep always walk, or stagger when heading back from DfH. I am taking a pedometer this year to check how far I walk. I reckon on about 25/30 miles over the weekend but wouldn't be suprised if it was more.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2008, 05:28:40 pm »

Getting around at Le Mans? there are some that would say I have not ever got a round at Le Mans, but they are liars.

I brought a round of stellas in 1998.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
SteveB
CA Veteran

I'm a llamanser

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008, 06:25:30 pm »

How about a Cruzin Cooler .... haul your beer around at 17mph .... Has to be an american idea !!

"If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence you ever tried." - David Brent
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2008, 07:04:31 pm »

How about a Cruzin Cooler .... haul your beer around at 17mph .... Has to be an american idea !!

Obviously is from the US, but they have just been announced in the UK.  Article in the paper last weekend about them - the first (motorised) unit will be around £500, and you can add more wheeled but not motorised units to make a 'train'.  IIRC there was a choice of petrol or electrical power.

In the UK, of course, if you take it on the public highway you'll need license, tax and insurance!!

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2008, 07:54:02 pm »

http://www.cruzincooler.com/global/price%20pound1.htm

Cheapest one starts at £189.00 for a 300 watt electric motor

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2008, 08:04:45 pm »

I'm sure I'd be alright unless the incline was above 0%. The UK distributor is

http://www.nickgalecustoms.co.uk/cruzin%20cooler.php

Some excellent sales patter:

Seats are not essential, but let's be honest, you are gonna look really silly flying down the road on a drinks cooler without a seat.

When on the move, a drinks holder cut into the lid of the cooler lifts up to give easy access to your cold drink or beer, and if you are a total piss head, a non powered trailer will hook onto the back of the main cooler, and hey presto, you can pull along loads more drinks and you even get the option of dragging the missus behind you! If you haven't got a better half, well how could you fail to attract one with one of these? Available in Black, Blue, Red or White, we have given our best shot at selling you on the idea of owning an article that frankly has no use in society, but maybe the answer to your prayers at rallies.

Excellent

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2008, 09:17:15 pm »

They were selling them a Sebring last year, only saw one, and not one being used.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2008, 10:18:45 pm »

Love that walking stuff I could watch all day... seriously though I have benn known to do a fair bit of walking....

Tent, car (read Cooler box or voddy & coke), chair, car, chair, car, chair, toilet, car, chair, car, chair, car, chair, car, chair, car, chair, toilet, car, chair, car, chair, car, chair, car, chair, car, chair, toilet, car, chair, car, chair, ....  THEN in the afternoon I repeat the process...

There is nothing like getting out and about in the fresh air...

I did walk to the town once, couldn't walk back

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2008, 10:58:10 pm »

Even given the terminal stages of knee knack over the last few years I would rather walk.

If I walk I dont forget where I left the...

What was I talking about, oh pardon me did you speak?

Oh heck I'm off where's the bus stop

anyone seen my beer

I'm sure I had one, two, some.

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2008, 11:28:25 pm »

I'm sure I'd be alright unless the incline was above 0%. The UK distributor is

http://www.nickgalecustoms.co.uk/cruzin%20cooler.php

Some excellent sales patter:

Seats are not essential, but let's be honest, you are gonna look really silly flying down the road on a drinks cooler without a seat.

When on the move, a drinks holder cut into the lid of the cooler lifts up to give easy access to your cold drink or beer, and if you are a total piss head, a non powered trailer will hook onto the back of the main cooler, and hey presto, you can pull along loads more drinks and you even get the option of dragging the missus behind you! If you haven't got a better half, well how could you fail to attract one with one of these? Available in Black, Blue, Red or White, we have given our best shot at selling you on the idea of owning an article that frankly has no use in society, but maybe the answer to your prayers at rallies.

Excellent
Dear Boy.
I am sure we could do better!
A chest freezer mounted on a go kart chassis with rear mounted gennie and fuel tank... 2 seats up front, 2 each side facing outwards behind pilot and co pilot. Refreshment stops would mean a team dismount but then you have the interest factor... and could sell beer, ice creams or chilled toilet roll for those that took the revised Chilli challenge the night before!!!!
PP

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: