Club Arnage
September 23, 2024, 06:20:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Nord Camping  (Read 7664 times)
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 03:36:21 pm »

Ahh I see what you mean!  Now can anyone point me in the direction of Specsavers because I obviously need to go there!

redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008, 12:32:23 pm »

How many years has BN been an official campsite?
I was there in 2006 , but on bleu sud in 2004 , I think it may have just been Bleu then but can't remember!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 08:21:39 pm by redstu » Logged
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 02:37:13 pm »

I have been Bleu Nord in 2007 and 2006.  Before that I was in Sud for 4 years, but as you say it was just called Bleu. 

The other side of the road was just used mostly for car parking with a few people camping there. 

I can clearly remember being invited over there for dinner after night qualifying with some people from the MR2 Drivers club who were camping in the car park in probably some time around  - errmmm - 1998/99'ish when I was in Houx Annex.  Although it was designated a car park there were quite a lot of people camped beside their cars.    (I can somewhat less clearly remember going back to HA later!!)

F

(P.S.  Incidentally - the very first time I came to LM I was in Bleu Sud before defecting to HA for a few years - so it really is my spiritual home at LM).
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 09:47:37 pm »

(P.S.  Incidentally - the very first time I came to LM I was in Bleu Sud before defecting to HA for a few years - so it really is my spiritual home at LM).

And there was me thinking that you had never strayed from the hallowed ground of Bleu!  Wink
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2008, 09:53:23 pm »

I think Blue Nord has been an official campsite for 2 maybe 3 years, we did the unoficial camping bit for the first 2 years (2001, 2002) very basic no showers, few bogs.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2008, 10:04:57 pm »

And there was me thinking that you had never strayed from the hallowed ground of Bleu!  Wink

Ohh no, I started in Bleu Sud, did a few years in Houx Annex, one year in Expo, back to Bleu Sud and last 2 years in Bleu Nord.   

I have been perfectly happy in each of them, apart from too many Morgan drivers in Expo braying and hooray henrying all night!   (Not to mention the fumes from the Turtle Wax being applied every hour or so).   

(To be fair I wasnt well that year and apart from one hilarious night boozing with Dark Warrior and his buddies in the pub, it was a miserable few days all round).   Cry

F

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2008, 10:19:13 pm »

To be fair I wasnt well that year .....

Was it the Tartiflete, Fran?  Shocked

Steve East Anglian cobras

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2008, 10:35:56 pm »

To be fair I wasnt well that year .....

Was it the Tartiflete, Fran?  Shocked

Good lord - I have never been foolish enough to eat that!   Cheesy
ewan
CA Veteran

Hammer didn't fix it. Must be electrical fault.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 12:33:15 am »

While looking for it, I came across this, some fantastic stats,just look at how much people spend.
http://www.lemans.org/marketing/live/ressources/pdf/24h2008/034_profil_spect_gb.pdf

I can't quite believe those stats. They reckon that last year had over 250,000 visitors and if the UK is 14%, that's only 35,000. I've seen all sorts of estimates about how many Brits are over there, but it's a good bit more than 35k.

Anyway, even if the stats are right there are less than 50,000 foreign visitors attending; if nearly 16,000 foreign visitors spend (on average, say) €400, and nearly 10,000 spend over €500, that's ~€12m. 93,500 of the French visitors spend only (on average) €75 each, which is only €7m.

Why do they bleedin well insist on broadcasting the race commentary in French, then? Smiley

Newspaper misprints from around the world:
    "After the boat had been secured above the wrecked galleon the
    apparatus was set in motion by the captain's 18-year old daughter,
    Veronica. Within an hour, she was yielding her treasure to the
    excited crew."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: