Club Arnage
September 24, 2024, 11:18:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AM I THE MAISON BLANCHE CHOSEN ONE?  (Read 40878 times)
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivrι? Sϋrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2008, 04:06:40 pm »

Very late to this thread as been on hols, but congrats Paddy for your determination to get onto MB ... Still waiting for my letter and hoping for the usual KN tickets (especially as it's still not numbered pitches this year) .....
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2008, 07:36:35 pm »

Well blow me down, stap me, shiver me timbers and call me Bob.....

Our group's organiser got his confirmation today - over the years having migrated from Houx to HA over a 6 year period, then to KN for the next 6 years, and then BN last year because we were getting a bit fed up of KN, we asked for the first time for MB for this year. 

And we got it  Grin Grin Grin

So that's where we'll be.  And loads of you are now on BN.... There really appears to be no rhyme nor reason to it...... Now aside from our usual small group, I am on the lookout for a single extra MB ticket for a good looking young lass who rides a Ducati 996 and wishes to break her LM virginity this year - I know they're seem to be like RHS this year, but if anyone finds themselves with a single spare for MB, please drop me a PM.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2008, 07:44:15 pm »

I am on the lookout for a single extra MB ticket for a good looking young lass who rides a Ducati 996 and wishes to break her LM virginity this year

I think I can create an extra space in the back of the lorry Tongue

Wink

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2008, 07:59:32 pm »

I am on the lookout for a single extra MB ticket for a good looking young lass who rides a Ducati 996 and wishes to break her LM virginity this year

Wink

Steady on there old chap, she's a serving officer too you know.  Got to maintain standards you know. police  And a flea-bitten straw palliasse chucked down in the back of your artic will simply not cut the mustard. laugh  But she is the genuine article - a good-looking, bike-riding motorsport enthusiast with legendary Stella and red wine capacity.  An asset to any group and party.   

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2008, 08:28:22 pm »

I think you'd better ask him before you start offering his tradesman's entrance to strangers  Shocked

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2008, 08:44:01 pm »

Steady on there old chap, she's a serving officer too you know. 

Only kidding, not to worry Grin

bike-riding motorsport enthusiast with legendary Stella and red wine capacity.
Now that sounds interesting! Cheesy

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2008, 09:14:46 pm »

Steady on there old chap, she's a serving officer too you know. 

Only kidding, not to worry Grin

bike-riding motorsport enthusiast with legendary Stella and red wine capacity.
Now that sounds interesting! Cheesy

I know....and she is!

MG Mark

Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2008, 09:25:55 pm »

Wink
I'm more than willing to take her, but I don't have MB tickets.

We start digging the tunnel from Blu Nord in May, its an old British habit you know.

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2008, 09:38:01 pm »

Mark, don't know her arrival day - but if she gets there for Monday lunchtime, we can park the bike in the back of my truck and 'smuggle' the bike in. Once it's in, she can go out again on the truck's card Smiley

Drinking for Holland
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2008, 10:06:09 pm »

Mark, don't know her arrival day - but if she gets there for Monday lunchtime, we can park the bike in the back of my truck and 'smuggle' the bike in. Once it's in, she can go out again on the truck's card Smiley

Paddy,

Many thanks - that may well be the way to work it out, as I know she will want to experience the joys of riding it around Le mans rather than just parking it up for the week.  I'll be in touch if if we can't acquire one.

Mark

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2008, 10:14:06 pm »

Now that the camping tickets are 'hangers' on the rear view mirror, there is nothing to stop you meeting the Duke rider outside and loaning the camping ticket to get her in.
If she wanted to cruise around, as long as you didn't want to use the car, the ticket could again be loaned.
But, of course, because we are British, we wouldn't dream of doing that, would we? Wink
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2008, 10:18:40 pm »

Now that the camping tickets are 'hangers' on the rear view mirror,

Exactly, and the truck has no rear view mirror! Grin

The Guys with Ties have been asking for camping tickets before at our place, but that has always been for cars, never asked for the truck's ticket. So there you tackle the problem with the scanning system.

No probs Mark, will be glad to help.

Drinking for Holland
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2008, 10:21:31 pm »

They were only checking that cars on MB had tickets on them till about Thursday, then they seemed to lose intrest, along with things like security.

Andy was not asked to produce his camping ticket when the bike was parked up on MB, they only checked cars.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 10:23:12 pm by Barry » Logged
WhiteBaron

transport 2009

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2008, 10:23:57 pm »

Now that the camping tickets are 'hangers' on the rear view mirror, there is nothing to stop you meeting the Duke rider outside and loaning the camping ticket to get her in.
If she wanted to cruise around, as long as you didn't want to use the car, the ticket could again be loaned.
But, of course, because we are British, we wouldn't dream of doing that, would we? Wink

hmm............... does anyone have an idea of how those barcode scanners they use work?

1) do they just scan the barcode and give a "genuine ticket" beep

or 2) are they clever and say this number was scanned in and not out "refuse entry"

I'm pretty sure its not number 2 due to the need to link to a central server for all handhelds units etc people leaving at the main gate with one guy enter with another, people not being scanned at all on exit.

but as you say Barry "because we are British, we wouldn't dream of doing that, would we"
i haven't really thought about it Tongue

Edited: last year motorbikes/ goped sometimes bikes all asked to produce camping ticket or leave it outside. Once the guys know you (e.g guy with 'tache he sometimes would wave you through) - that prob dismisses no 2 above
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 10:27:19 pm by WhiteBaron » Logged

\\"Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting\\" - Steve McQueen
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2008, 10:26:20 pm »

I am led to believe that it is a 'scan out, scan in system'.

We have a lot more complicated system running in our shop, all using wireless tech. Wireless range would be a problem at LM, however the info that I had was only related to the campsite tickets not the EG ones.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 10:31:46 pm by Barry » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: