Club Arnage
June 29, 2024, 07:37:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest news and pictures of works  (Read 26669 times)
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2008, 12:47:02 pm »

There is a bucket load of work going on:

Latest pictures at http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/actu/2007-12-24_NC_2507_fr.html - click on the "La galerie spéciale travaux 2005 - 2008" and then on the gallery link at the top right of the pop-up window and scroll through the pictures around KN and MB.

Latest text today at http://www.lemans.org/24heuresmoto/live/actu/2008-01-09_GD_2511_fr.html

Seems that as well as the work to accommodate the bike requirements for the Bugatti circuit, the work going on around MB will produce a new tunnel, a new spectator entrance for tram travellers and the disabled, temporary stands for 2000 people, resurfacing of the White House circuit (i.e. the roads in MB) to link in with the Bugatti circuit, including new fences and gravel traps and 4 permanent stands.   Works on KN seem to be a bit of a misnomer, as the only pictures are of the building of a new roundabout at the end of the access road where it joins the road running across the inside of the circuit near the entracne to BSJ.

All tends to explain why MB is shrinking in size by such a large amount.

MG Mark
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 01:21:35 pm by mgmark » Logged

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Petra
Would rather still be a Newbie
CA Veteran

DfH member and proud owner of Albert CB!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 01:09:42 pm »

This looks bad Sad

2 cats, 6 rabbits, 2 guinea pigs, lots of mice, 1 syrian hamster, 1 chinchilla, a lot of fun!
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 01:18:16 pm »

We can only wait and see what happens...... Sad

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 01:18:47 pm »

Humm ... that's a lot of work.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 01:20:55 pm »

Text via Babelfish:
Work of the turn of the Garage-green From November 2007 at at the end of February 2008, the layout of the turn of the Garage-green will be the subject of important work. The objective being to always better answer the safety requirements imposed by the International Federation Motorcylcist, this turn neither more nor will be moved less to be able to offer a broad release on the left side of the track. That amounts entirely shifting the entry of the turn, the loop and the exit towards the line of a score of meters. Financed by the Mixed Trade union of the 24 Hour old circuit of Mans, owner of the circuit, at the request of the ACO, at a total cost of 4,8 million euros, this work will have the originality to preserve at identical the drawing out of U so particular of this turn. 750 m of track thus "will move" towards the east, and the linear length of the layout of the Bugatti circuit will be slightly changed. In against part, this zone of the circuit will pass to 12 m broad, and the entry of the turn will profit from a bituminous mix extra width from 5 m, including 2 m covered of synthetic grass, and 15 m gravel vat. In the curve, the external gravel vat will pass from 52,50 m to 75 m, with 20 m of release out of bituminous mix. In addition, this new Garage-green falls under a total project of creation, side is Bugatti circuit, of a new entry éponyme, with some steps of the terminus of the tram. The spectators will be able to thus come directly to the entry from the circuit by public transport. An access for the people to reduced mobility is envisaged, as well as the possibility of establishment of a provisional platform of more than 2 000 places, and the startup of a new tunnel which will make it possible to pass under the track to go up to the Dunlop footbridge via the two already existing tunnels. Work of the Circuit of White House the layout of the circuit of White House will make new skin during winter 2007/2008: lengthening, access roads to have several possible configurations, 4 permanent stands, new safety fences and gravel vats are with the program. The objective is of being able to use it in total complementarity of the Bugatti circuit within the framework of the diversification of the activities offered by ACO (various training courses, flying school, club activity, etc).

Too much trouble for the ACO to present a drawing of the result? At least we'd know what we would (not) be up to Undecided

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 01:22:03 pm »

I dont think I want to see the end results.... Angry

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 01:30:33 pm »

Logicly thinking it should be something like this...

No wonder there will be grandstands built as well then. Stupid bikes! Angry

Drinking for Holland
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 01:34:58 pm »

Bu99er, if your right that's straight through my preferred KN pitch ......  Angry
Petra
Would rather still be a Newbie
CA Veteran

DfH member and proud owner of Albert CB!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 01:43:56 pm »

Straight through our MB DfH pitch too  Angry Cry

2 cats, 6 rabbits, 2 guinea pigs, lots of mice, 1 syrian hamster, 1 chinchilla, a lot of fun!
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 02:00:53 pm »

That sucks!!
I have checked all the satelite photo sites and they have nothing to offer.....

Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 02:03:55 pm »

It's not like that Paddy, the changes for the bikes and the changes to MB are two separate matters.

Works on the Garage-Vert corner:

Major work to the corner on the Bugatti track in order to accomodate the safety requirements of the FIM.
Changes to the entrance of the corner, widening of the track, about 750 m track will "move" slightly to the east, astroturf and a large gravel trap will be installed.

Furthermore there will be a project east of the Bugatti tack, where a new entrance will be made with direct access for people coming from the "tramway" and for handicapped.
A new tunnel and a temporary grandstand for 2000 spectators will be build.

Work on Maison Blanche:

They will improve the now existing track on MB so that multiple configurations will be possible, new guardrails will be installed, 4 permanent pitboxes and some gravel traps.
The objective of all this is to use the MB track complimentary to the Bugatti track and has mainly to do with the diversification of the ACO's activities such as drivers training and various club activities.

Just a quick translation (where's kpy when you need him  Wink)

The first part and the Motor safety changes have NOTHING to do with MB.
The ACO are just planning to make better use of the Maison Blanche track (which in a way makes sense).
Surely this will cost (a lot) of campingspace at MB but it's nothing like your drawing above.

Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 02:04:58 pm »

it seems stupid too, as the new-to-build road leading to Karting Nord had loads of hospitality tents over the last few years

so I am probably wrong with my drawing Undecided

Drinking for Holland
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 02:05:40 pm »

Bu99er, if your right that's straight through my preferred KN pitch ......  Angry

Same for me.

JDS, it looks like we have probably been neighbours in the past, and I never realised.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2008, 02:16:26 pm »

There's a first hand report on pistonheads about MB in its current state, not a good read... Cry

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=481921

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2008, 02:16:57 pm »

so I am probably wrong with my drawing Undecided
You are but you do realize that you and Rick for that matter, with his "all major campsites will be closed in 2008" thread, scare the sh*t out of people  Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: