Club Arnage
October 03, 2024, 05:25:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silverstone GP  (Read 2815 times)
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2003, 06:01:22 pm »

Any of you CA'ers coming up the the wallet shrinking GBGP. If so fancy a pint on Sat night, in the quite and sleepy town of Buckingham. 6 miles from the cuircit.

Also I can offer you some pointers on places to eat drink etc, but no maps as I am crap at computer thingies.

If so, contact me through here or email.

Have fun

Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 06:09:43 pm »

Couldnt afford the GP  Wink

If you want me to make the map and upload it, I am quite happy to do so, I would just need the postcodes of the places you want putting on there?

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2003, 06:19:07 pm »

Thanks I will get some info over soon. Through here or do I email you direct if so what is it.

And no I carnt afford it either. So I open the windows and watch it on telly,  Grin But if like last year can get the carpets a bit wet Angry

mind you tyre testings' (generaly mid june just after LM)free thats worth a visit if you are in the area.

Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2003, 06:23:24 pm »

I used to go along to the test sessions!!  Great just to park up by the front gate and wander on in  Grin  Not been for a loooong time as we moved away.

You can either email me with the details or you can use the private message facility here

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2003, 07:39:34 pm »

A list of Bobblehat recomendations for beer and eating for those whant to know!

The Whale Hotel, Market Hill, Buckingham:
A Fullers pub and not a bad pint of London Pride, used by quite a few GP teams personel BAR, Jordon, Jag, Renult, Williams, but will be very crowded.

The Woolpack, Well Street, Buckingham
A new look ppub, very comfy arm chairs and the bring the beer to you, nice small beer garden next to the river, good food to.

The White Hart
You can not miss it, its big and White, in the center of town. Has a very big south facing beer garden but the beer is not up to much, and has a bit of a reputation (bouncers on the door) very big car park but will charge you a £1-1.50 befor 6pm might be more as its GP weekend (who says the only French go for a bit of profitering!!) Foods not to shabby

The Swan and Castel Castel Street Buckingham
This is were Williams GP used to stay, some still do I belive, chatted to Damon Hill HFF in the bar a few years ago, get very crowded. The Villiers Hotel is always book about 2 years in advance, so to get into the resturant on Sat (Henrys) could be a bit tricky

Prego   High Street, Buckingham
Nice smallish new Italian good wine list (should be I supply it Grin Wink) but i belive Jordan GP have booked it out for Sat night but it should be ok for lunch. 01280 821205

Cheng Do Meadow Walk Buckingham
Best chinese in town, always busy, try there take away, should be able to keep it warm back to Silverstone 01280 815898

Dipalee 18 Castle Street West Street,Buckingham
A good solid Indian, again has a take away, Damon Hill whent once........ 01280 813151

You could be cheaky and try dial-a-curry 01280 812582 or Pizza 2 u 01280 824894

Tesco is on the Aylesbury Road (A413) open 24hrs

There is a Dillons in the town center and Budgens, plus a Wine Rack

Taxi AK 01280 817817 to get you back.

Have a load of fun and my the sun shine and not a red one win Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: