Club Arnage
September 24, 2024, 07:22:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ACO booking confirmation letters  (Read 26313 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2008, 04:21:36 pm »

If I am not mistaken he referred to your booking!
I didn't make a booking.  All I did was hand in all our forms at the same time.  There is not now, and never has been, a booking for the whole group in my name - only my own for 3 tickets and 1 campsite place.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 04:23:24 pm by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2008, 04:22:39 pm »

[I meant Paddy's enquiry which began the discussion. 

Oh blimey - I cant remember THAT far back!!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2008, 04:28:00 pm »

[I meant Paddy's enquiry which began the discussion. 

Oh blimey - I cant remember THAT far back!!
This:
"I have sent the booking office an email yesterday, and this was the answer I got from them this morning:

Dear Sir,

We regret to inform you that you won't have places in Maison Blanche as there are works in this field and we lose a lot of places, you will be certainly in Bleu Nord.

Yours faithfully.

Service Rιservation / Booking Office

My guess is we will not be the only ones getting reallocated to Bleu Nord. Problem is we will have to start all over again with our planning. Many questions arise. How many people from Club Arnage will also be reallocated to Bleu Nord? How many CA'ers will still be in Maison Blanche? What happens to the people who applied for Bleu Nord originally? Should we have a Friday night Party? What about security? What about the numbered pitches?

What a mess "

Was what I was referring to, Fran.  I wonder if the confusion arose because of a misunderstanding that I had made a CA collective booking, whereas, as said above, all I did - or indeed ever offered to do - was hand all the forms in (as sent to me) at 09.00 on the day the bookings were first being accepted.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2008, 04:31:44 pm »

I wonder if the confusion arose because of a misunderstanding that I had made a CA collective booking, whereas, as said above, all I did - or indeed ever offered to do - was hand all the forms in (as sent to me) at 09.00 on the day the bookings were first being accepted.

Yep - I always thought it was just discussed as a question of getting the various forms to you for handing in as you were on the spot.  Never a "group CA booking".

F
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2008, 04:40:19 pm »

Personally, I imagine the real explanation is the one which you and Robbo have had, Fran and that nothing has been done yet.  It may well be that as MB is so small this year, that agencies will have blanket reserved the site, but even that is not a done deal yet, as far as I can see.  I shall just wait until the letter appears.  Couldn't give a t*ss myself and am quite happy if I'm on Bleu but I'm sorry if the campsite location matters so much to others and will spoil their week for them.

Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2008, 04:50:14 pm »

I wonder if the confusion arose because of a misunderstanding that I had made a CA collective booking, whereas, as said above, all I did - or indeed ever offered to do - was hand all the forms in (as sent to me) at 09.00 on the day the bookings were first being accepted.

Your effort was really apreciated, Termie. It's definitely not your fault the booking didn't go as we anticipated. My struggle at the moment is to find a good spot to have both our encampment and be able to have the Friday Party without any problems.
Oh well, we live and learn...

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2008, 04:58:31 pm »

Your effort was really apreciated, Termie. It's definitely not your fault the booking didn't go as we anticipated. My struggle at the moment is to find a good spot to have both our encampment and be able to have the Friday Party without any problems.
In the event that it turns out that some of the smaller groups and individuals end up on MB and you are shunted off to Bleu - then maybe we could do a collective swap, Paddy?  More important to have the life and soul in the right place!

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2008, 05:03:29 pm »

In the event that it turns out that some of the smaller groups and individuals end up on MB and you are shunted off to Bleu - then maybe we could do a collective swap, Paddy?  More important to have the life and soul in the right place!

I was thinking along the same lines, however numbered pitchs might scupper that idea Angry
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2008, 05:06:36 pm »

I was thinking along the same lines, however numbered pitchs might scupper that idea Angry

Yup, we discussed this with Rick yesterday, with numbered pitches we couldn't guarentee putting a block of pitches together  Sad
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2008, 05:22:19 pm »

My guess is we'd need four pitches in a row and the firelane to operate. Two pitches could be cleared, two should remain unused as we need two vehicles to get all material onto the site (truck plus one vehicle pulling the bar - yes, already thought about that Grin)

It would be really cool if it could be done like this, joined forces and fingers up to the ACO! Cool
We shall not be moved... Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2008, 06:19:13 pm »

My guess is we'd need four pitches in a row and the firelane to operate. Two pitches could be cleared, two should remain unused as we need two vehicles to get all material onto the site (truck plus one vehicle pulling the bar - yes, already thought about that Grin)

It would be really cool if it could be done like this, joined forces and fingers up to the ACO! Cool
We shall not be moved... Grin
I'm all for that Paddy, we've 8 MB tickets ordered through the "Termie-route" and 4 more through another.
I would happily exchange some tickets in order for you guys to be on MB.
Will keep you posted on our allocations.
nickliv
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2008, 06:21:43 pm »

What Bas said. I'll gladly let mine come your way (If I get them. I've ordered 6)
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2008, 10:36:25 pm »

Pardon my ignorance to all this about camp site changes but I have been without a PC for a few weeks.
Does anyone have an answer to where we are all going to be??

PP

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2008, 10:38:43 pm »

No!
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2008, 10:42:26 pm »

Within walking distance of the circuit (I hope Undecided)

Drinking for Holland
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: