Club Arnage
September 23, 2024, 11:23:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maison Blanche mayhem (?)  (Read 14717 times)
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« on: January 03, 2008, 12:25:04 pm »

I have sent the booking office an email yesterday, and this was the answer I got from them this morning:

Dear Sir,

We regret to inform you that you won't have places in Maison Blanche as there are works in this field and we lose a lot of places, you will be certainly in Bleu Nord.

Yours faithfully.

Service Rιservation / Booking Office

My guess is we will not be the only ones getting reallocated to Bleu Nord. Problem is we will have to start all over again with our planning. Many questions arise. How many people from Club Arnage will also be reallocated to Bleu Nord? How many CA'ers will still be in Maison Blanche? What happens to the people who applied for Bleu Nord originally? Should we have a Friday night Party? What about security? What about the numbered pitches?

What a mess Embarrassed
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 12:56:58 pm by Paddy_NL » Logged

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 01:19:00 pm »

Putting it mildly thats very bad news.

I was expecting to be in blue nord anyway despite asking for MB first.

Security will not be good.

Numbered pitches should allow for a party though but only if they are allocated together.

Another question though , what are they building?
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 01:23:08 pm »

They are expanding the race track already at MB. They are adding tarmac and pitlanes (complete with buildings and everything), to make better use of the track. Ultimately it may be the end for camping at MB! In my opinion, blue nord lacks ambience, and I am not looking forward to staying there, but unfortunately there really is no other option, except for staying home, which really is not an option to begin with. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, dillema's

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 01:32:42 pm »

In my opinion, blue nord lacks ambience, and I am not looking forward to staying there

My guess is we all create the atmosphere ourselves, so we'll be okay as for that. The only things that we'll be missing is the track and the showers. I think we can even have a great time on Beausejour if it would come to it, as long as we are all in the same place.

I have already requested a square pitch with the Booking Office. If we get a row of 15 pitches, it will be very hard to through a Friday Party Undecided

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 01:52:16 pm »

Oh no not another group kicked out of MB to BN

It seems that there is a "Circuit Maison Blanche" for testing and training etc, meaning more tarmac and serious gravel traps, so we all get to go to Blue Nord.

I think its a touch quieter, and security should be worse because you're outside the circuit, but I suspect thats arguable

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
rcutler
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 02:06:55 pm »

This concerns me, Should we apply to the ACO for the site next to BSJ that is for large vehicles and groups? We would need fewer tickets and being that is is further from the car parks better security.

BTW did Powermite not get MB tickets allocated as earlier in the tickets thread?
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 02:10:56 pm »

Fran is going to love this!   Grin 

I bet she's peeing herself laughing as we 'speak' and getting a whole batch of 'I love Camping Bleu' t-shirts made.  laugh laugh laugh

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 02:20:04 pm »

BTW did Powermite not get MB tickets allocated as earlier in the tickets thread?

It appears MB is getting substantially smaller as they are creating an extra circuit. So pitboxes are being built, gravel traps, more crash barriers and all stuff. Basically less space for tents, vehicles and all sorts. So yes, people will still be allocated to Maison Blanche, but something tells me that campsite will not be the same again Angry

Fran [...] getting a whole batch of 'I love Camping Bleu' t-shirts made. 

Something with planespotters springs to mind Undecided

All we need now is some wisecracking remark from Catchpole formerly know as Ferrari Spider Lips Sealed

Drinking for Holland
IanB
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 02:24:05 pm »

Here is the Liverpool boys reply to the question about our MB tickets

Dear Sir,

No sorry you won’t have places in Maison Blanche, we can propose you places in Bleu Nord, how many do you want ?

Yours faithfully.

So after 20 years we are homeless !!
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 02:25:33 pm »

Rick

I have been allocated the MB tickets and ive sent the payment off this week.so we'll see.It does appear that I will be having them.However there was some mention about me having to share duties with "the shitehouse family"

PM
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 02:28:03 pm »

Indeed what a mess, on second thought maybe the fact that we did apply for MB tickets all together via Termie is now working against us?
What easier than to throw out a large group when space at MB is limited?

I particulary am not looking forward to staying at BN, due to it's open character the pikies can pretty much come and go when they please.
I rather opt for BSJ despite the long walk or even Technoparc because those campsites are more closed off.

We'll just have to wait and see, however I indicated Houx and HA as an alternative when ordering my MB tickets, so maybe that's where we'll end up.
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 02:34:35 pm »

Looks to me that they are bumping people with big allocations, like us and the liverpool boys! Not a good development. All the other descent sites are of course fully booked by now. Except for beausejour, which is a far stretch, but at least is has good showers and bogs.

Should i order 15 for us as an escape option?

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 02:38:40 pm »

Indeed what a mess, on second thought maybe the fact that we did apply for MB tickets all together via Termie is now working against us?
What easier than to throw out a large group when space at MB is limited?

I don't believe the block booking is the struggle, as some have applied for other campsites too. Besides, it was just a stack of separate bookings, not one person booking 350 MB tickets.

As for Beausejour, that site will probably get pretty crowded too this year, and I'd like to be as far away from Verstappen-fans as possible Undecided

Drinking for Holland
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 03:01:15 pm »

Cool - sits quietly and watches the headless chickens running around!!

F

Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2008, 03:18:15 pm »

Sure Fran, you only have to pack a gas cooker and a kettle, while we have to start all over again! Angry

Wink

Drinking for Holland
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: