Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 12:04:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 4456 times)
Catchpole

Lets Go Racing

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2007, 06:04:00 pm »

« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 12:39:34 pm by Catchpole » Logged
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 06:40:36 pm »

So many good moments - but the best experience in 2007 was definately my trip to LMS testing at Ricard.  I still can't believe that I interviewed Hugue de Chaunac!!! Blimey!  Also, amongst others, the charming Gregor Fisken who probably gave me my best LM moment:

Standing at the barrier in the members' enclosure at scrutineering, he happened to walk by and amazingly, remembered me.  I'll never forget hearing Paul in the background saying to Mr T "'Ere, that driver just kissed your wife!"

Also, Steve Saleen signing my hat.. and of course a Saleen won LMS...  I finally made it to Sebring... the Lizard/Ferrari fight was the best (pity about who won it though...)  Where can I stop?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 08:07:46 pm »

Gosh - there have been so many good CA moments throughout the year.  Difficult one to call from the following:

The usual exchanges and banter on such a range of subjects via the forum
Getting James and his brother out and back to Le Mans
Enjoying Le Mans - as always - with CA and DfH friends
H's bike ride
The calendar

and probably many more......

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 09:57:59 pm »

Like you all say so many good moments to pick from, but here's a few of mine.

Getting back to my tent after the tornado / hurricane at Sebring to find it still standing and the contents still dry. Then a double bonus to find the same after the storm the following day. Best £10 tent i have ever bought !

Spending the day and evening in the company of Greg and his family along with Jupiter John and the DFH group at Greg's home in Jupiter and spending an excellent day out on the boat with good friends and a cooler full of beer for good measure.

A really nice bonus the following day on the way back from Greg's when i missed what would have been an 80 mph T bone crash on the interstate by only a couple of inches and got the biggest fright of my life. The car behind was not so lucky and hit the car that I missed. So That has to be the best moment of the year as it would have screwed up the rest of the holiday.

Meeting Dan Wheldon at Homestead and him recognising me the next day at the autograph session and giving the security guards what for when they hassled me about the number of items i had to get autographed.

The DFH Party at Le Mans was a real hoot.

Stuart smith jnr winning the BriSCA Stock car world Championship so that all three members of the smith dynasty have now won the title and have 9 titles between them.

Jeff Gordon winning Talladega in October leading only the last 1/4 lap to get the win and took the flag right under my nose.

Those moments stand out.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 03:42:57 pm »

Stand out!

That's a thought...

When the lovely young Corvette fan in the Yellow race jacket started to give me a heart attack at the Poo bar as she began wrenching her top wide open to show her outstanding assets. Luckily for my old heart she stopped before the onset of cardiac overexcitement.

That WAS a moment to remember in my old age, (You all come back now, you hear!)

And the great DFH party

The auction

The near cyclone weather we had to suffer and the rain! didn't it rain?

The company of so many friends all to the background musical beat of finely tuned raw power whizzing about not far away from the places we all met at.

What were all those noisy cars a'doin' of out there?

And the never ending passing stream of bizzare kit that spells HA for me, two seat settee's with reading light, the pirate ship sailing the endless pathways and the beast from Judge Dredd laying down the LAW

Bring it all on home again next year gang, can't live long without it.

yeehah

Smiley

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 04:10:17 pm »

Many highlights in 2007: joining Racing for Holland for a couple of months, the thunderstorm and La Bomba sunset tour at Sebring, Friday night DfH Le Mans party, the November meet in Rotterdam to name a few.
F-Troop Mom

Home address: F-Troop, Green Park, Sebring, FL

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 08:20:18 pm »

Friday night at Sebring was a good party and the only real chance I had to meet anyone from DfH or CA.  It was good getting to know everyone on the forums and looking forward to this coming year....March comes quick!
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 12:16:58 am »

This is a no brainer for me, my wedding to Kirsten on July 16th.  Best thing to ever happen to me...
Fax
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 03:30:15 am »

This is a no brainer for me, my wedding to Kirsten on July 16th.  Best thing to ever happen to me...
Fax
But getting drunk on Guinness is probably a closer second no doubt !
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 11:09:47 am »

Many happy memories this year. Best has to be the girl at the ferry terminal allowing 4 bedraggled lemansters onto the boat in a smoking brakeless van just 9 minutes before it sailed! Too close for comfort that one.
 Getting stuck in- helping fit a new motor in the back of Shaun Lynn's GT40 on the friday night and watching it win from the back of the grid on the sat morning was cool too- even if it meant missing the DfH bash.
 Roll on 08

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: