Club Arnage
September 21, 2024, 03:14:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British Grand Prix tickets  (Read 13240 times)
weedeek
CA Veteran

31 years and counting

View Profile WWW
« on: June 30, 2003, 12:41:42 pm »

I all, all recovered from Le Mans? a bit off topic but i have 2 entry and grandstand tickets for the British Grand Prix. The grandstand is directily opposite the pit lane. a bloke from work got them as a present.
Cost £380 selling for £300
if interested please call Grant on 07773 127603
weedeek
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 02:58:03 pm »

*PROFITEERING ALERT*PROFITEERING ALERT!!
You got these tickets as a gift, you theiving git. According to CA 'rules' on this matter, you should be handing them out, gratis.
Do the right thing, you capitalist pig.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2003, 03:44:31 pm »

I did the whole Le Mans 8 day break on less than double that!! Well, if you exclude duty frees and certain bar bills, that is...
weedeek
CA Veteran

31 years and counting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2003, 10:01:53 pm »

now now, where did that outburst come from? The bloke got the tickets from his girlfriend. thats the only reason i am trying to sell on his behalf.
i agree its crap value for money, i said i would never go back after the 1987 grand prix. i was one of the first at mansell's car on the slow down lap. trying to rip bits off it. Felt like i got ripped of myself
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2003, 10:31:32 pm »

I'm just bustin' your chops a bit, Weedeek. I think you should be allowed to sell your tickets for whatever the hell you can get for them - but that kind of talk is forbidden here in Club Arnage and is punishable by excommu

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2003, 12:07:15 am »

KaBoom Harper... Wink
weedeek
CA Veteran

31 years and counting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2003, 09:42:15 am »

Hi matt, at l least you had the balls to reply, at the end of the day were all just having a hoot, thats the most important thing here,
All the best mate.
weedeek
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2003, 12:07:53 pm »

Hi Deek

Was 1987 the year that Mansell, in a brilliant manouver overtook Piquet on the inside on the run down to Stowe? Or was that 86?

Anyway, I certainly would not consider myself ripped off if I had seen that one live!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2003, 12:12:00 pm »

Did everyone see Montoya overtake Schumaker on Sunday, great guttsy move. And then the Ferrari bloke afterwards whinging that it was a bad/dangerous move. How many times have we seen Schumaker run people off the track.

Also, does anyone know what the ruling is when you have spun off. I (obviously wrongly) thought that you weren't allowed to be "pushed" back into the race.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2003, 12:27:09 pm »

I think they got away with it as it was judged to be the quickest way to clear a car from a dangerous place. However IMHO if the rules say that you cannot be pushed back on elsewhere, then in this situation the car should be cleared from the dangereous spot, then black flagged.
Montoya move was brilliant, Ferrari and TFG are whinging toerags.  
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2003, 12:28:02 pm »

Also, does anyone know what the ruling is when you have spun off. I (obviously wrongly) thought that you weren't allowed to be "pushed" back into the race.

Apparently they changed the rules this year so that if you end up in the gravel in a dangerous place you are allowed to be pushed back into the race. I'm not sure of the finer points as to how it all works. But Shuey certainly was by the way he was waving to the marshalls almost before he had even come to a halt.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2003, 12:55:02 pm »

He was actually waving away his personal exhaust gases from when he realised he was beached in that position. Not a healthy place to sit for too long.

Brundell said he had the latest FIA rules from the internet, and he said it didn't cover the situation as the engine was still running. They aren't allowed to get a restart from a marshal.

I'm gobsmacked at the number of holes in the rules. That situation has got to be a fairly obvious one which they clearly hadn't catered for.

And yes, Montoya was the mutts nuts for the manoeuvre.
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2003, 01:15:00 pm »

I would think that after the amount of times that Schumacher ( or Micheal Schucumber as my young son used to call him)has fell foul of them, would know the rules inside out. The win in the pit lane (iwas there) and the time he got black flagged for overtaking (damon hill I think) on the parade lap, plus countless other times he and his team have flown close to the wind regarding rules. At least he had the decency to not slag Montoya for the move. Anyway it was a stunning move and I think F1 could do with a few more Montoya's. As much as I am not a fan of the new qualifying, it does make for a better, closer race which is what it is about really. Love to see how quick a F1 car could lap Le Mans. Just out of interest.

Stu

P.S I also think Coulthard used to be the dogs for overtaking. Remember the one at Magny Cours on the outside of the hairpin a few years ago.
(I was there also)
weedeek
CA Veteran

31 years and counting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2003, 02:11:46 pm »

yes it was the year that Mansell won. i was one of the first  at his car on the slow down lap. trying to rip bits off it.
Its sad to say, but came home thinking i would never go back, haven't since. Sorry guys but silverstone thinks its home of British Motor Sport. CRAP spectating is so poor, atmosphere none, the list goes on and on. Prices if i remember right, my ticket cost me £30 and £15 for the centre transfer.
if the GP was to move to Brands or Donnington, have a more realistic entry fee and i would be the first to say I'll be back.
Any off you guys been to the World superbike races or GT racing at these circuits? a good day out.

now i've got that of my chest, i feel a lot better,
oops here i go again, how over rated is Coulthard, and Button just now?? What about Villeneuve? is that a waste of talent or what?
right boys i'll give you a turn
weedeek
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2003, 02:49:35 pm »

Coulthard has lost his bottle. Read something in the paper this morning about he can't get his brain around the new qualifying - too scared of dumping it off the track so doesn't hit the times. He's a good driver, he'll be back.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: