Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 12:20:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What the f*** is happening to this country  (Read 8846 times)
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2007, 11:37:21 am »

Last Saturday at 6:00pm (yes that early) I saw my home security light had come on. I looked out of the window and saw four oiks standing on my drive with a screwdriver and a jemmy about to have a go at my garage door. My wife was out so there was no car on the drive and my car was on our other drive. These bastards obviously thought that the house was empty despite the music I was playing quite loud

I yelled at them and they ran off, I gave chase in my car but they disapeared into the woods. I don't know why I gave chase when you read about people standing up for themselves and their proprty getting stabbed I was just so bloody angry I suppose.

Last night the twats came back and bricked my lounge window. What for for Christ's sake. Because I didn't allow them to rob my garage? Perhaps I should have offered them the key to save them damaging the door. I phoneed Thames Valley Plod, and although sympethetic could do nothing as there were no witnesses.

The outcome is that I know have a bloody great hole in a sealed unit window and the original installer has quoted me 4 to 6 weeks for replacement although I have found an independent local manufaturer who will do it in 10 days Using him willl of course make my 10 year guarentee from the original installer null an void. We are off on holiday on the 22nd and my wife is seriously thinking about cancelling as she dosn't want to leave the house empty. I doubt if I will go to Wokingham on Friday as I don't want to leave her alone.

We are both at work today but I can't concentrate as all I can think is will my home be safe?
and Will they be back tonight.

I could have my mates from the pub round in case they come back and give them a kicking if they do. What good will that do me? Nonwhatsoever. I will be in the wrong and it will only antagonise them more.

All becase this f**k*ng country will not get tough with these bastards and treat them like the scum that they are.

God I f**k*ng hate what this country has become.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 11:43:43 am »

That's really bad, Bob! Angry Especially when they come back... Undecided

Have you got a house alarm system fitted?

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 11:53:46 am »

Yes, the house is alarmed but that dosen't seem to put them off even at 6pm.

The problem is, a mile from my house through the woods is an awful council estate which has a terrible reputation. Apparantly this reputation is because of 2 large families who terrorise the place and are responsible for most of the crime in the area.

On reflection it is better that I didn't get hold of any of them on Saturday and beat the crap out of them which I wanted to do. The repercussions don't bare thinking about with the amount of brothers and cousins that would become involved.

I only hope that 1 window satisfys there hurt pride at getting chased off.

I didn't sleep well last night and don't expect to for a few more yet.     Bastards

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 12:17:10 pm »

I can understand your anger, it's utterly annoying not feeling safe in your own house and knowing there isn't a damn thing you can do to keep them out. What might be a good suggestion is to install a camera to catch them in the act. It's another investment in security you wouldn't want to be necessary, but if you do catch them on camera, at least you have that scum on tape.
nickliv
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 12:18:15 pm »

Get a big dog, and a shotgun.

And a 'Tony Martin lives here' sign for your gate.

Probably apocryphal but here it is anyway:-

A householder rang the police to tell them that someone was breaking into their shed, they said 'If you come now, you'll catch them'

The police (999) operator said 'There are no police available, you will get a visit in the morning'

The householder hung up the phone, and redialled a minute or two later and said

'I rang about someone breaking into my shed, don't worry about it, I've shot them'

A moment later the street was full of blue lights, and the police caught the bloke in the shed. The OIC apprioached the householder and said 'I thought you said you'd shot them' to which the householder replied

'I thought you had no one available'

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 12:35:11 pm »

Bob

Sub-human scum Bob, that's what these people are  Angry. And 4-6 weeks for the new glass  Huh That's ridiculous! Bob, I don't wish to be a doom-merchant under the circumstances, but the bastards might well come back again. In which case it may be safer if you stay home for the foreseeable future. This being the case, can I ask you to simply transfer your forthcoming skiing trip to Ischgl into the names of Steve and me. You know we'll do it justice. I think it would be for the best, don't you?  Wink

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 12:46:16 pm »

This being the case, can I ask you to simply transfer your forthcoming skiing trip to Ischgl into the names of Steve and me. You know we'll do it justice. I think it would be for the best, don't you?  Wink

Thanks Andy. I have been feeling bloody miserable and generally pissed off all day. Reading this made me laugh. I knew I could rely on my CA friends to cheer me up. If only the world was full of such people.

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 12:57:41 pm »

Bob,

Typical Zarse...always one for the opportunity...glad it has cheered you up though. 

We had a similar experience a few years ago and it was exactly as you have found it in terms of feelings and worries.  One family locally creating all of the problems.  Local police powerless to do much until they had established a pattern of timings and locations and set out to catch the scrotes.  Which, to be fair, they did, and the local crime rate plummeted as a result.

The shotgun and big dog route is not advisable, attractive though it may seem.   Our answer was to make the place less attractive to them.  Alarm - tick.  A car on the drive, even when nobody is in - tick.  CCTV camera, real or dummy, up on the eaves well out of reach - tick.  Replacement of one double glazed unit to the lounge by a local glazier with laminated unbreakable glass - well worth it.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Fartmeister1
CA Veteran

I'm a Gascon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 01:12:28 pm »

Sadly as a former resident in the Thames Valley Plod area (nice village in Chilterns) although I fully empathise I am not surprised. In our tenure there, house burgled once, wife's car broken into twice, car crashed through rear fence while being pursued by T.V. Plods, two caravans stolen (one just before the annual LM pilgrimage!! - already had the picked onions packed!) and the village Spa shop where both our children worked at the time had two armed robberies. We have now (4 years ago) moved to France and although they do have problems here too, the area we live in has the second lowest crime rate in France and the kids are polite and the locals friendly and speak to you - not just walk around looking at the pavememt and avoiding eye contact. We wouldn't move back although we do miss certain things about Blighty - Greene King IPA for one!
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 01:53:54 pm »

This being the case, can I ask you to simply transfer your forthcoming skiing trip to Ischgl into the names of Steve and me. You know we'll do it justice. I think it would be for the best, don't you?  Wink

Thanks Andy. I have been feeling bloody miserable and generally pissed off all day. Reading this made me laugh. I knew I could rely on my CA friends to cheer me up. If only the world was full of such people.

Bob,

truly, a right royal PITA.

I would be tempted to take Andy Zarse up on his offer. With the huge amounts of snow that the Alps have been getting, a ski trip would probably be too much for an older gentleman, such as yourself. Leave it to the young 'uns.

I had some local scum take a hammer to the windscreen of my car a couple of weeks ago, whilst parked on the drive at home.
Oh, how I wish me and Mr Happy (baseball bat) had caught them.

Hope all is safe and secure for the future.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 02:10:28 pm »

Sorry to hear this bob!

CCTV does sound like an option, at least to get the scumbags redhanded! It will be hard for the plods to not take action with such evidence. As for the vacation trip, ask someone you trust to babysit the house.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 03:00:43 pm by knetter » Logged

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 02:23:33 pm »

....... I knew I could rely on my CA friends to cheer me up. If only the world was full of such people.
Too much information.  Now I know you're out, I could ring up my friends in the area, and they'll pop round.  They'll probably write "Emergency Glazier" of the side of the van too, so the neighbours won't be suspicious.

W*****y always was full of Pikeys, but it must be spreading.  And 24 stone pie eaters.  I only go there to look slim.  

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
MIKE C (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran

How f---ing fast was That!!! Time for a Low Flyer!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 04:02:35 pm »

A nail across the fusebox and wire the garage door handle.
The twats might make good christmas lights.  Grin

« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 04:04:46 pm by MIKE C » Logged

Roll on June and the lush grass of BN!!!
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 04:21:15 pm »

Sounds like fun!  Grin
nickliv
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 05:08:44 pm »

A mate of mine padlocks his motorbike to the mains cable where it comes into the bottom of the fusebox, and leaves a junior hacksaw on the bike seat.  They'll only try to steal it once.

the thing is, if one of these little cnuts bites the dust in your house, you can bet your bottom dollar that you'll be presented by a 28 stone scratter with a council house facelift screaming about how you are the criminal.

Further to my earlier post, I never said that the shotgun had to be loaded. I've let the labrador out on a couple of occasions, and by gum, 'e does make 'em run a bit Grin A camera flash out of the window makes them think twice as well.

CCTV sounds like a fine plan. Anti vandal paint on the top of all your fences (Or, if you take the dog option, recycled dog food in all vulnerable areas of the garden)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: