Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 08:12:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ricky Hatton v Floyd Mayweather  (Read 4918 times)
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2007, 11:03:50 pm »

I'm not a massive boxing fan but I'm really excited about this. Me and the missus are away in Prague for the weekend but I'm recording it on sky.

I've got a feeling that this could be one of the greatest fights of my lifetime. Two unbeaten boxers, one 43-0 and one 38-0. A pure stylist against a brawler.

I've backed Hatton every round but I've gone for Mayweather on points. That's how I see it. If Ricky can't stop him I think Floyd will take the decision (based on the American bias )

Good luck Ricky and let's have a fight to remember

The last fight I watched that had this much hype was Bruno Tyson. On at 5am UK time I went to the pub with my mates, stayed awake until 4.55am then fell asleep and missed the lot.

Oh well..........

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 11:40:02 pm »

I used to listen to the Patterson, Clay etc fights on my kit built crystal set at unearthly hours.

Hatton is a down to earth and an honest fighter, whereas Mayweather has arogance which is normal in yanky fighters.

I'm not a betting man. The call is too close to decide who is the greatest 'pound for pound' fighter. My money will be on Philo Beddoe.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 03:17:00 am »

Gut instinct tells me that Hatton will do the biz.
He's been close to his fighting weight for nearly three weeks now.....thats a fecking lifetime to Ricky .....he's taking this one like he's never take one before.
In the past I've always backed the boxer (Leonard,Ali,etc)...this time the brawler will win.....believe me.......Monster Monster.   

Did I just say that out loud?
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 10:51:17 am »

Hatton - all the way. I hope.

This looks like a great fight, I hope it lives up to the expectation.

Just a note. If you pay for it with Sky and Sky+ it, Sky will delete it on Dec 18th apparently.

Aren't they nice people at Sky.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 11:18:49 am »

(based on the American bias )

The most egregious theft I've ever seen awarded a draw to Julio Cesar Chavez after Pernell Whittaker beat the hell out of him for 36 minutes.  Not much American bias there, I'm afraid.  IIRC, that was a Don King fight, so take it for what it's worth.  Roll Eyes

It's easy to root against Mayweather as he's immensely unlikeable.  That doesn't discount his skill.  Hatton had better show a lot more discipline and patience or he could very well get waxed.

My $.02

Or ₤.00063, if you prefer.  Grin

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 12:24:05 pm »

(based on the American bias )

The most egregious theft I've ever seen awarded a draw to Julio Cesar Chavez after Pernell Whittaker beat the hell out of him for 36 minutes.  Not much American bias there, I'm afraid.  IIRC, that was a Don King fight, so take it for what it's worth.  Roll Eyes

It's easy to root against Mayweather as he's immensely unlikeable.  That doesn't discount his skill.  Hatton had better show a lot more discipline and patience or he could very well get waxed.

My $.02

Or ₤.00063, if you prefer.  Grin

Don King indeed!  Angry

FWIW, I reckon Floyd will have Ricky's plums on a skewer tomorrow night. Floyd's amazing hand speed and acute angles of attack will stop Hatton getting him into the corner to work him over with body and head shots.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 02:53:46 pm »

FWIW, I reckon Floyd will have Ricky's plums on a skewer tomorrow night. Floyd's amazing hand speed and acute angles of attack will stop Hatton getting him into the corner to work him over with body and head shots.
[/quote]

Sorry to say I think you are right Andy. I can't help feeling Ricky will achieve all he needs to become 'Sports personality of the year,' by being the gallant loser (although as usual, there is plenty of competition for that title) Hope I am wrong.

I usually am by the way
 Grin
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 03:06:53 pm »

The way i see it the longer the fight goes the less chance hatton has of taking it. If hes going to beat mayweather he has to put him on his arse asap.

As for the sports personality of the year the blue eyed boy of F1 bound to have his name engraved on it already has he not???  Roll Eyes

They have lumps of what round the back???
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 03:29:01 pm »

The way i see it the longer the fight goes the less chance hatton has of taking it. If hes going to beat mayweather he has to put him on his arse asap.

As for the sports personality of the year the blue eyed boy of F1 bound to have his name engraved on it already has he not???  Roll Eyes

He is certainly well qualified to win it. (see above)  Grin
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 04:45:12 pm »

Its amazing what a quick lap on Top Gear can do  Grin Grin Grin

They have lumps of what round the back???
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 09:27:21 pm »

Which "gallant loser" should we all pick? Hamilton, Wilkinson, Henman, McFadden, Beckham etc? They all fell at the last hurdle. All Hatton has to do is win tomorrow and the old silver TV camera is his for the next twelve months.

I don't care too much actually, I just hope that awful drugs cheat "oops sorry I forgot again" woman who's name I couldn't spell in a month of sundays doesn't get the nod. She has no business being in the same bracket just because the corrupt IOC idiots let her off her ban. It's a total disgrace that the BBC should see fit to include her. No true sports fan gives a flying toss about her.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2007, 09:58:57 pm »

Firstly, I think for Ricky to win, he needs to do it within eight rounds. His punch rate is above Mayweather's. If it goes beyond 8, it's points and thats where he may loose.

Secondly, I wouldn't give that athlete who allegedly took drugs breathing space in any room.

Thirdly and more importantly, Hamilton can't be classed as a looser by any stretch of the imagination. OK, he missed the big one by 1 point. First season.......... he aint a looser. How many rookies do you know of with his number of podiums in the first year. You would have to go back to Ascari days even to get close.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 10:07:45 pm by Leftie » Logged

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2007, 11:45:20 pm »

Hatton 2 pounds under (not ideal at this point), Mayweather right on the money at 147 Lbs.

Hatton will be on, if not a little over, when they climb in the ring. It's looking fierce!

Hatton looks focused beyond belief.

Finishing the weigh in with "Lets f***ing 'ave 'im", going out live on the box. A lot of tension there, the Brits are really carrying Hatton on the crest of the wave.

You couldn't hear an American voice in the crowd. I hope Hatton hasn't got too fired up too early.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 11:51:24 pm by Nobby Diesel » Logged

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2007, 07:07:27 am »

Was a helluva fight...
Fax
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2007, 09:15:51 am »

Was a helluva fight...
Fax

Have to agree.

However much you dislike Mayweather you have to concede his performance was awesome. Alright Ricky rocked him a couple of times early on but the simple fact is he was only landing about 50% of his punches whereas Mayweather must have been closer to 90%.

Fair play to Ricky he took some huge shots and kept on coming but in the end Mayweather's precision took him apart.

The "British" fans did themselves no favours by booing the US Anthem or indeed Mayweather after the win. It's becoming less and less easy to be proud to be a Brit.....

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: