Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 05:28:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British World Champion  (Read 3234 times)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: November 22, 2007, 02:11:57 pm »

Judging by the doom and gloom over the English Football ponce's latest efforts, maybe its better to celebrate a British success.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/7100420.stm

I know Martini will claim he is from the channel Islands and therefore a different nation, maybe even more French than British, but he is holding a union flag in the picture, so thats good enough for me.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 02:26:56 pm »

Bless him, he's a sweet lad and I'm so pleased that he won.   We drank champagne in his honour on Sunday.

When he was at Brands he kindly signed a poster for the summer raffle so have your Euros ready next year if you're an AP fan  Grin
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 02:47:57 pm »

I know Martini will claim he is from the channel Islands and therefore a different nation, maybe even more French than British, but he is holding a union flag in the picture, so thats good enough for me.
In Brazil they gave him a French flag to hold, as they'd worked out it wasn't a English name.

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 03:03:15 pm »

for a donkey he has done well i have to admit angel

Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 09:26:13 pm »

for a donkey he has done well i have to admit angel

Screw you crapaud (a Jersey toad) all your champions are imported tax exiles  Grin

Yes he does have to hold an english flag but you will see the Guernsey flag on his helmet (crash). Some of you may have noticed the same flag on my gazebo over the years, next to my French National flag.

We actually accrued three world championships over the week, the Mens World Bar Billiards Championship and the Ladies World Bowls Championship. and of course Andy's WC which is his fourth in four years.

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 01:51:26 pm »

I watched this on Eurosport last night.  There didn't seem to be as much overtaking as I remember, (perhaps Priaulx is suited to F1) but they appeared to have equalised the diesel Seats with the petrol engined cars, in exactly the same way as the ACO haven't.

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 04:08:00 pm »

but they appeared to have equalised the diesel Seats with the petrol engined cars, in exactly the same way as the ACO haven't.

Or put it another way, in the WTC SEAT have to face a works teams from BMW, Chevy and semi works Alfa.

In the ELMs & ALMs all Peugeot and Audi have to worry about are some ageing designs from cash strapped privateers.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 09:59:08 am »

I watched this on Eurosport last night.  There didn't seem to be as much overtaking as I remember, (perhaps Priaulx is suited to F1) but they appeared to have equalised the diesel Seats with the petrol engined cars, in exactly the same way as the ACO haven't.

HI
There never seems to be too much overtaking in the WTCC it is generally a bit boring, also the first eight changing places for the second race generally makes the first race a little stagnant. But Priaulx has used this to his advantage for the last few years. The WTCC is very much like F1 if you are an insomniac.

I think the British Touring car series is far better racing, both for a driver and a spectator.

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: