Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 03:21:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, who are we going to support in Euro 2008?  (Read 8065 times)
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2007, 01:40:59 am »

Ok folks, whilst in Le Sarthe next June, who will you be supporting?

England are out.

Who are you going to adopt?

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 02:32:16 am »

Drinking For Holland! Footy For Holland... best get an orange hat! Grin Grin Grin

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 07:48:49 am »

Call me old fashioned - many do - but for me football is a game of unshakeable and often, as is the case right now, irrational loyalty to your club or country.

Fortunately I do not allow this sort of attitude to pervade the rest of my being, and even in footballing terms it doesn't manifest itself as thuggery or any other form of anti-social behaviour, but I cannot bring myself to support any team other than England I am afraid.

Still, on the upside, no distractions at Le Mans from the football and surely we can now get rid of McClaren.
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 08:21:33 am »

Football  Huh

What a complete waste of time.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 08:25:17 am »

Football  Huh

What a complete waste of time.

Certainly feels like it today, but then most things are really...
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 09:06:40 am »

I'm glad they went out, it would have been a disgrace if they had qualified on the quality and results of their previous games leaving it all down to a last ditch get out of jail card handed to us by Israel and then hoping on a draw, w**k*rs. A truly and utterly disgraceful show from our over paid bunch of cry babies and that w**k*r Steve "I'll make a list" Maclaren. If you remember we only just scraped in last time round on a free kick from Beckham against Greece. How proud should we be as a nation, not one of our 4 hopefuls managed to qualify. Unbelievable !!!

At least I won't be distracted in June next year, thank f**k for that, I can get on and enjoy Le Mans for what it is, a PROPER sporting occasion.

Rusty

The Brethren Rock
nickliv
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 09:31:26 am »

Won't this mean that the 'footy' crowd will be looking for a moderately priced drinking extravaganza in Northern France, sometime next June?
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 09:49:54 am »

I'm so glad I'm a rugby and motorsport man....

Won't this mean that the 'footy' crowd will be looking for a moderately priced drinking extravaganza in Northern France, sometime next June?

I effing hope not, and trust that they will still go and head for the bars in the football capitals.  One of the Euro things was good, as I seem to remember lots of good-natured (and drunk) Brits and Danes watching the big screens for the England v Denmark match, with Hindie's outstanding commentary on Radio Le Mans switching between the football and the race, and plenty of inter-nation drinking on Karting Nord.   Mind you, we were still in the competition then...

MG Mark

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2007, 10:22:51 am »

I'm glad they went out, it would have been a disgrace if they had qualified on the quality and results of their previous games leaving it all down to a last ditch get out of jail card handed to us by Israel and then hoping on a draw, w**k*rs. A truly and utterly disgraceful show from our over paid bunch of cry babies and that w**k*r Steve "I'll make a list" Maclaren.

As I mentioned earlier... irrational loyalty
Dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2007, 10:48:25 am »

Quote from: MGMark
One of the Euro things was good, as I seem to remember lots of good-natured (and drunk) Brits and Danes watching the big screens for the England v Denmark match,

I think that was World Cup 2002.....but may be mistaken......but too true.....we listened to the commentry... then watched it on Match of the Day in the Stella Bar over a good few pints before cycling off to the bottom of Mulsanne.

Happy Days

Did I just say that out loud?
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2007, 01:08:55 pm »

HUP Holland Grin
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2007, 03:30:39 pm »

I echo the sentiments of Rusty and Oldtimer. I know it's a game of two halves Brian, but something really really gnaws right at my soul, having supported club and country pretty much since I could think. It's something I've never seen before and never want to see again. We've seen all sorts of touchline shennannigans over the years. There's been fighting, faking, spitting, temper tantrums, sendings off and all sorts of other offensive behaviour. But what really really boiled my urine last night was watching that great big thick stupid ginger tw@t McClaren standing on the touchline whilst sheltering under an umbrella. A F*CKING UMBRELLA! Jesus H Christ on the physio's table, he looked like a disinterested parent at a kid's sunday league match, the gormless pudding-faced buffoon. I have never seen anything quite like that before. Good riddance, I only pray he doesn't end up at the Villa when MON takes the England job.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 03:35:52 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2007, 04:11:53 pm »

I agree Andy, utterly unbelievable

His players (well some of them) working their arses off in the pissing rain and him with an umbrella.  Angry

Paddy Power are running bets on what McClown will do next. You can get 1000-1 on him being the tester of the next batch of Paddy Power umbrellas  Grin

Martin O'Neill would be my favourite for the job, there's certainly no Englishmen of any ability available.

As for who to support, I'm becoming Dutch for the duration of Le Mans in order that I can join in the fun and atmosphere of our DfH friends but on returning home I'm afraid I will revert to being an uninterested bystander, merely hopeful of some form of giant killing to add a little amusement.

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2007, 04:25:37 pm »

Mind you guys, we still have not gotten rid of that twat we call van Basten!!! Yes, we did qualify and yes we have become on of the group leaders in championship, but most Dutch did not like what they saw over the qualification period. We did win most matches, but for us it not only counts that we win, but more importantly how we win. We like to see offensive action in our games, not the lame ass counter strike soccer we saw off late. We do not have high hopes of making it through the group fase, not with this kind off football. So let's hope they are out of the tournament before the le mans weekend, so we can all enjoy the fun of the race whitout beeing distracted by 22 morons fighting over one ball.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2007, 04:33:41 pm »

Not trying to start a big debate here but is it just me or does this show the 2 different sides of a coin here?

Here in scotland we didnt qualify but were on our knees trying to tie down Alex McLeish for 2010 and are still celebrating finishing 3rd. We just cant believe the change since Mr Vogts made a twat of things.

Still,things are looking good for the home internationals coming back next year.

They have lumps of what round the back???
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: