Club Arnage
October 05, 2024, 07:45:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New/Old Car Selection - Help needed  (Read 8744 times)
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 03:23:13 am »

bmw 330 d tourer. does the lot, can be chipped for huge power. its great to drive fast and good on juice.

but then why not an range rover  !!

sounds like the brief calls for sensible car, but the driver requiring a wolf in sheeps clothing ??

bmw diesel. good car.

Take life by the horns and live it.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 10:45:06 am »

Thanks for the thoughts so far.....it's a tricky one and meeting all of the design brief in one car is nigh on impossible.  The Nissan 350Z had him fairly well captivated until the "it must have 4 seats" omission from the original brief was corrected.  Porsche variants with vestigial back seats (or evenpropoer ones) attract him, but aren't in the price range. 

However, after a bit more cogitating, I thought I had found an unbeatable idea in suggesting a Maserati 3200 to him this morning.  Stylish, 175mph fast, 4 seats, good cars available in the price range etc etc.  Enthusiastic right up to the point of the quoted 18mpg fuel consumption.  So that's another non-starter then....

The comment of what a dull world we live in is so apposite when having something fast, stylish and tolerably economical with 4 seats, comes down to the choice betwen a BMW or an Audi..... Now then how about a well-sorted Reliant Scimitar.....

Keep them coming....

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 11:02:13 am »

How about a Jap import?

Something like a Skyline 350 GT.......approx £10k for a 2003 car.

Not the playstation Skyline GTR. This is like a stretched 350Z but maybe not as edgy style. Has 4 seats, all the toys, and the same engine as the 350Z, so should be fun to spirit along the road.

Most of the importers now take care of all the SVA testing, you just pay your money and they deliver a fully complient car.

A friend at work got himeself a 2002 Skyline sedan, for about £9k including all the shipping and testing costs.

Worth a thought.....

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
TobyAnscombe

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2007, 01:07:31 pm »

the aussie Manaro(?) - ok so it is a vauxhall in disguise but it is a rather nice V8....
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2007, 01:18:00 pm »

bmw 330 d tourer. does the lot, can be chipped for huge power. its great to drive fast and good on juice.

but then why not an range rover  !!

sounds like the brief calls for sensible car, but the driver requiring a wolf in sheeps clothing ??

bmw diesel. good car.

I concur with this, but the bloke I sit next to bought one of these a year ago, old shape one, with about 15,000 miles on the clock for £19k  Shocked

The M-Sport version is even better....

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2007, 01:58:13 pm »

Hmm.  330d is an option, and I know the engine and its oommpphh well.  The Monaro is fun in straight lines, but I had a pax ride in the one at the Marham track day in September - great noise, but a bit barge like and I think that the same rule as the Maserati will apply with around 18mpg fuel consumption.  Now a 350GT - didn't realise that they were around, and that might just offer the right sort of compromise....we shall see...

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2007, 02:13:24 pm »

How about a Mustang?
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2007, 06:16:40 pm »

Triuph Stag.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2007, 06:52:07 pm »

Much as a Midget would suit Bill and I and provide great fun

I have to agree with Mark there, everyone can have fun with a midget, Raoul was great value for money. When springtime arrives I shall look at the daffodils pushing their way up through the compost at the very bottom of the garden, heave a sigh and take a wistful glance at the padlocked door to the cellar.

How flexible is the CinC? I mean, if she's a bit of a sport she could elect to ride as BobU has skillfully and graphically illustrated in the 'Girls' thread, that way the problem of too few seats would be solved. I admit it would be a bit of a surprise for the kids, but it's got to be better than playing I-Spy.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2007, 12:12:35 am »

Nissan 300c Estate. Style, class, elegance and economy all rolled into a practical eyecatching, massive, wallowing, tyre squealing, evil handling Le Mans cruiser. All for under £500 and dont worry about the AA... if it breaks... its dead as you cant get the bits that break anymore.

Should anyone wish to get well "wheeled" I have a lovely one in Black, as seen on MB year before last, with a fantastic brown velour interior and dash, low 143000 miles and minor corrosion of all the important areas.

It can be delivered with a full MOT and its cavernous rear end full of spare interior and mechanical bits that you will never use... all for £400.

I look forward to receiving your interested PM's!

Oh and it will be jetwashed to remove all the algae before delivery!

Grin

* estate.jpg (24.63 KB, 320x238 - viewed 354 times.)

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2007, 11:34:03 am »

Much as a Midget would suit Bill and I and provide great fun

I have to agree with Mark there, everyone can have fun with a midget, Raoul was great value for money. When springtime arrives I shall look at the daffodils pushing their way up through the compost at the very bottom of the garden, heave a sigh and take a wistful glance at the padlocked door to the cellar.

Indeed, the prospect of spring is one of mixed emotions. Personally I'm more of an autumn man, it's a season of mists and mellow fruitfulness alright, though I was never entirely clear with that bit about it being the close bosom friend of the maturing son. I'm pretty sure there's a law against that. Anyway it's not my fault, it happened so quickly, after it began to swell the gourd, it rimmed their clammy cells. God, what have i done?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 11:36:02 am by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: