Club Arnage
July 04, 2024, 02:44:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2007 Pit Lane Piccys  (Read 14072 times)
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2007, 05:20:14 pm »

Mind, it's not all prize winning stuff H,

Oh, I dunno Andy, there's a sort of David Lynchian thing going on there I'd say. Or there soon will be.
It's a murky world, that of the professional photographer, just look at poor old F308 Man, a young chap of obvious talent, but even he has been reduced to visits down to Worthing beach to mock up racing photographs with smoke and mirrors. If you look closely, you can see the spectators are in deck chairs, and I swear some have hankies on their heads and are eating cod and chips. I can see a pregnant lady wearing a thong.
Anyway, just to keep this on thread, and to keep leftie happy, below is another of my celebrated "action snaps", taken in the old bier keller. I'd had half a dozen of their large pints when I took this one, and make no mistake, there was plenty of action after that.
H

* adobeacrobat.jpg (81.63 KB, 481x725 - viewed 333 times.)

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
F308 MAN

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2007, 09:23:38 pm »

dearest colleagues,

i apologise profusely for posting sensible pics ... i just don't know what came over me.

may i make it up to you with the following, shot at auberge hunaudieres a year or two ago ?

can you spot the cyclops on the outside of the conservatory ?

cheers for now, d

Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2007, 10:47:01 pm »

probably a lot of fun at the time Undecided

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
F308 MAN

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2007, 11:03:48 pm »

sorry .... back to the serious stuff:

nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2007, 11:27:51 pm »

Where were you when you took this pic, clinging to the front bumper behind it, or hiding in the road as a cats eye ?

Great pics, must have an expensive box brownie!  Grin

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2007, 11:32:02 pm »

cool shots again indeed Cool

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2007, 01:56:57 am »

Omigod

these shots tell me to throw away my Olympythingy and give up

Andy, the colour definitions on the stripy shots, staggering, must have taken hours to get them framed. Totally awesome.

The fantastic batman and ceiling shot back there, just no way I would have been able to keep still for long enough to frame it, laughing my round dooberrys off.

And the Pirelli decallled Aston, now I can remember just how much I detested that livery...

Great photos guys.

Please don't stop now, done properly this topic could grow to rival the Commer... ish!

OK not really but we could get some more mileage from it for a while

Soon be June...

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2007, 10:10:20 am »

Wow again, awesome pics. Love the one with the fizzer faceing backwards at Dunlop

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
F308 MAN

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2007, 11:16:50 am »

hello,

i hope you don't mind, but i thought we'd have a bit of a change today and go all nostalgic .... some stuff from this year's support race.

really lookin' forward to the group C GTP cars next year.

cheers,  d

Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2007, 12:36:15 pm »

Mint. All of them.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2007, 01:01:31 pm »

Wow,

Great photos Cool

Whats the possibility of a master class before next years festivities?

I also like the race decals you have on your fezza, especially the bonnet!

Jules G
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2007, 01:27:20 pm »

David,

Simply stunning pictures - they are a real and utter joy to look at!  Definition, colour, action, speed, light, clarity etc etc ad infinitum.  Superlatives fail me.  Whilst you are fortunate indeed to have such access to the pits and circuit (of which pthers are undoubtedly envious), but without the right kit, knowledge and skill which you obviously have in abundance, that would be of little use.   They have really cheered my office bound  day up.  

OK, so they might not up be quite up to the abstract standards of Mr Z or Big H's work, but please don't get downhearted - time, patience and training in their mysterious ways will doubtless help you on the way to photographic oblivion...... Wink

Btw, do you have any shots of the winning Audi R10 at the 2006 race, in particular the engine bay and cockpit, as I am curtrently building a 1:24 scale model of it and need some of the details filling in?  

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2007, 02:15:14 pm »

Not bad I suppose but they all seem to be focused on cars with the background blurry.

How about just one shot of a wall in focus for a change. Something to think about maybe?

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2007, 04:04:13 pm »

Here is another from my collection. This one also hangs on my wall, in between the signed print of Moss at the wheel of LWK 707 and Alain de Cadenet with his head down my toilet (also signed).

From a professionals viewpoint, this one was most satisfying to capture, as I was under a lot of pressure at the time, working with extremely difficult lighting and weather conditions. Presenting their own, slightly different challenge were my very difficult trouser conditions.

So you can imagine how satisfying it was to pull it off. Hardly any photoshop, either.
H

PS You'll notice Rob, the background is also sharply in focus. Just habit, really. Interestingly, I don't actually remember taking this one, I can only guess I was "In the Zone".

* Aston-at-TetreRouge.jpg (126.74 KB, 750x506 - viewed 289 times.)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 04:12:56 pm by BigH » Logged

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2007, 04:38:58 pm »

Mind, it's not all prize winning stuff H,

Oh, I dunno Andy, there's a sort of David Lynchian thing going on there I'd say. Or there soon will be.
It's a murky world, that of the professional photographer, just look at poor old F308 Man, a young chap of obvious talent, but even he has been reduced to visits down to Worthing beach to mock up racing photographs with smoke and mirrors. If you look closely, you can see the spectators are in deck chairs, and I swear some have hankies on their heads and are eating cod and chips. I can see a pregnant lady wearing a thong.
Anyway, just to keep this on thread, and to keep leftie happy, below is another of my celebrated "action snaps", taken in the old bier keller. I'd had half a dozen of their large pints when I took this one, and make no mistake, there was plenty of action after that.
H

Don't get me started on the dear old Bier Keller H, I go all watery-eyed just at the thought of it - it didn't half get smoky in there.

There's some terrible things gone on in there over the years. At around 7pm the atmosphere became more frightening than being attacked by tramps in Walsall at midnight. This happened to the father of one of the people we were camped next to. He got into a quite unnecessary and spiteful row with some Mercedes fans. I don't recall the exact details, but it was something about whether or not Michael Schumacher drank Jaegermeister. He lost. Shot on Kodak Kodachrome ISO200.

* donttrythisathome1.jpg (12.61 KB, 512x384 - viewed 267 times.)

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: