Club Arnage
September 20, 2024, 09:03:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you book for next year?  (Read 27335 times)
Zippy
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2003, 05:05:51 pm »

I've sent an e-mail to the ACO asking if bookings are accepted for next year (camping permits). They have replied to say yes but prices haven't yet been released. Those of you who have already booked, how did you do it and what have you paid?

PS Has there been any further development in the block booking of tickets by CA members?
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 05:18:55 pm »

PS Has there been any further development in the block booking of tickets by CA members?

Just what I was about to ask!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2003, 05:59:27 pm »

All you do is email/write/fax to the ACO and say how many camping permits for which site you would like for next year.

Then, when pricing and dates are confirmed, they will contact you and tell you whether you have been allocated what you have asked for (or not as the case may be)  Once they write to you, you have two weeks to confirm if you would like to take the option or not. If yes, simply send them the return form with yoru payment details. If not, do nothing, and they will remove you from their list and pass the option on to someone on the waiting list.

Good Luck!!
Liszt
CA Veteran

Beer is a legitimate breakfast

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2003, 06:17:56 pm »

Or they might just not tell you anything and not answer your calls.  You then have to purchase tickets elsewhere next May.  Then the friday before you go the ACO will call to ask if you want your tickets couriered over.

Cynical, me?  With my reputation?
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2003, 06:42:13 pm »

I contacted the ACO regarding a block booking and was told to apply like everyone else. So based on the poll response I ordered 300 campsite tickets.

I'm not holding my breath, but the second I hear anything I will post.

The problem will be that they will send a letter requesting payment in two weeks. Much as I love you all, I'm not about to sub all of CA, so unless there is a mailing facility we can use, it will dependent on you happening to read this forum at the appropriate time.

Chris, any ideas on how this could work?

We have a tentative offer of some help with the admin via the old Club Arnage travel service (http://www.clubarnage.com/travel.htm), who can also help with ferry and hotel requirements.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2003, 09:45:52 pm »

Hi Smokie,

Glad that you like us all.   300 x campsite tickets at 30-odd euros apiece would definitely be asking too much for an individual to stand, particualry without definitely confirmed numbers.   Just an idea, but presumably, you (as a venerated moderator) have access to member's e-mail addresses, including those hidden from general view in the normal course of things.   If so, that is the means to contact, beyond a simple post on the forum.   A post as well (soon) requesting people to confirm orders and numbers would probably not be a bad idea now that everyone is coming down off the pre-Le Mans high, when all sorts of good ideas are bandied around.    As far as payment goes, then probably the easiest method is via a paypal account - quick, easy and electronic.   Set up an account via an independent somebody if people need a confidence factor that they are not contributing to your personal pension fund/debt relief as appropriate!   Hope this helps, all the best

Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2003, 09:49:24 pm »

Hi mgmark.

I disagree withn you regarding payment by paypal.

Twice I have tried to register with paypal and I have now given up ,due to the fact that I cannot get it to work.

I would suggest that as,we are a very trusting bunch of guys and gals,perhaps an account of some type is opened for pre deposits so as not to worry bankrupt Smokie!!.......(god forbid) Cool Grin

Obviously I realise there is the organisational side of setting up such an account and the number of authorised signatures required,may be a problem Smiley

Has anybody got any 0ther suggestions???
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2003, 10:54:07 pm »

I think the up front account would be the best way. There are a few people on this board who I would consider trustworthy for this. As soon as the ticket prices are released just send the person a cheque. The only problem is that the exchange rate would have to worked out correctly and also to allow for currency fluctuations. 5p per €1 out x 50 (MB camping permit cost non ACO) x 300 =£750 shortfall. Therefore I suggest paying say £10 over the odds per ticket with the change minus postage costs etc to be refunded with the tickets.

Gets more complicated by the minute. Any other ideas.

Stu
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2003, 01:05:28 am »

Maybe the Club Arnage Travel Service could help here, with some sort of escrow account (is that the word I mean?). I trust anyone, me, and I'm trustworthy enough, but I don't want the responsibility (that is, hassle) of holding and managing a shedload of money. And having to do refunds cos people change their mind. (Although the obvious answer to that is, I suppose, give them the tickets and it's their problem to get rid if them if they no longer need them).

Even if we got a ticket allocation, it probably wouldn't fulfill our collective requirements so although cash up front would show intent on the part of purchasers, we'd need to devise a fair way of distributing the tickets in the event of a shortfall.

It'd be useless for some people to only get 3 out of 5 requested, as their other two are then at the mercy of the ACO and could be on a different site.

However at the moment no-one should depend on getting any tickets through Club Arnage.

I am going to give it another few weeks then contact them again to see if I can determine the likelihood of a ticket allocation. In the meantime do not let the possibility of CA obtaining tickets prevent you from making your usual arrangements.

I'd like to think that if the ACO came up with a confirmed allocation, then I could tell them that CA members would cancel their own ticket allocation as a result.

However, there may be problems here: for instance, what if for some reason CA should not be able to offer the service for 2005 - those of us with "special status" (automatic repeat order) with ACO will no longer have our allocation, if we have cancelled them for 2004.
MIT
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2003, 03:13:19 pm »

Smokie,

With the amount of interest generated by your proposed block booking; would it not be possible to find an enterprising farmer who would rent out a field for the race period and a local supplier of porta loos.

Looking at the breakdown of costs by some of the hospitality firms: it would appear they are charging over £350 for the camping element of their Le Mans package.

We book approx 10 to 15 cars each year and always use a hospitality booking to ensure an allocated camping area. But feel that the overall price is extremely steep when you break it out into camping and ferry crossing.

It must be possible to capture 'Le Manner's' like ourselves if you were to offer the same service at a discount. All we ask is a bit of green and a place to s**t and shower.....

Judging by the enthusiasm and entrepreneurial flair of the members of the forum such a task may not be such a difficult one.

A C.A. run camping package; run by memebers for the members ??  Grin
keefie
CA Veteran

Must get the car fixed for June

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2003, 04:00:15 pm »

How much would this field cost and how far away from the action would it be?

This year I managed to get 3 cars / 6 people over there for about £86 per person including series A entrance and camping and a good deal on the ferry. Having that as a benchmark I cant see my friends being too happy paying out much more, especially as I have always managed to come good with last minute camping tickets.

What's my solution? NOISE POLLUTION!
Zippy
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2003, 05:03:13 pm »

Such a camping package was offered some 10 years ago by an enterprising kiwi named John Deller who lived in the house that I was informed is THE maison Blanche. The house is now completely derelict but he and his 2 sons used to hire the field to west of the Porsche curves enclosure, by the crossroads (not far from Beausejour) and erect showers and bogs and do a BBQ in his garden everyday which backed onto the circuit. I believe he may have bought a racing outfit some time ago and he was well known in the Le Mans area. What ever happened to him? I always suspected that the local authorities may have forced him out of business so as to direct all camping  business through the official sites. It was always top value for money though while it lasted.
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2003, 10:54:08 pm »

Smokie,

if you need some financial help, I can pay for maybe 10 MB pass. And people can buy me after this tenth...

... however did you notice that only 340 MB passes are issed each year ??

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2003, 02:03:59 am »

Only 340? And we need 300 of them...

Should I go for all 340 I wonder?

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2003, 03:58:28 am »

HI Smokie, would that make us Club Maison Blanche???
and The Fist INN would be our local Roll Eyes
Canada Phil
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: