Club Arnage
July 05, 2024, 07:07:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The F Word : Japan  (Read 8112 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2007, 11:19:48 am »

Bloomin' 'eck, I just used the words "Grand Prix" and "exciting" in the same sentence. Huh

Maybe a rain machine is the answer.....

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 11:39:02 am »

There were some nice actions by both Ferraris, but for the rest I didn't think it was extreme edge-of-the-chair stuff Undecided

What I'm trying to say, there were no pileups, no spectacular accidents (okay, Alonso went off pretty hard but there's no footage) and you could barely see the following cars because of the spray. So it might sound spectacular, but to me it was "just a wet race".
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 12:33:51 pm by Paddy_NL » Logged

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 12:36:26 pm »

I did think that Kubica and Massa were quite fun, trying to fall over each other at the end.  Oh, and somebody overtook someone.... "Exciting" was comparative in this case, certainly.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 12:51:54 pm »

The great thing about recording it is you can watch the start and then fast forward to the end Grin

I thought the safety car sliding around was the best bit, well done Herr Mayerlander for keeping it on the tar Grin

Will lewis do it? Undecided
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 12:56:36 pm »

Will lewis do it? Undecided
Perfectly possible.  I loved Ron Denis's remark to Lewis "We've ticked the driving in the wet box then."  Didn't know he had a sense of humour.

Isn't that the way everybody watches GP's (recording and zipping through the dull 95%)?  Only way in my book.

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 01:39:20 pm »

That was fab  Grin 

Way to go Heiki getting second as well  Grin   
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 04:56:29 pm »

I'm almost scared to admit it but that was the first time I have watched much F1 at all fer ages and I atcherrly enjoyed some of it. Embarrassed Bumping and barging in conditions I'd almost get off the bus and walk in!

Mr Hamilton certainly does seem to have the makings of a decisive endurance racer, may be hope yet for the boy!

And didnt let the rain pee him off too much either. (though he said at the end that the race was "too long" for him. Pink sloppy slobbery thing in cheek there I thought. Could be we will see the lad at LM one day.

But the best part of the whole circus was hearing that Mr Coulthard was wearing a helmet with Colin McCrae's emblem/decor in salute to his friend

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 06:11:27 pm »

It's a shame the "C$CK only mentioned DC's gesture towards the end of the race!

OMG...........................................I might even get up and watch the Shanghai next week Embarrassed
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 10:58:33 pm »

But the best part of the whole circus was hearing that Mr Coulthard was wearing a helmet with Colin McCrae's emblem/decor in salute to his friend

Followed by Mr Webbers comments to Louise Goodman (after the coming together with Mr Vettel), something along the lines of "It’s kids isn’t it? They have not got enough experience – they do a good job and then they **** it all up.".

ade
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 08:54:40 am by ajw » Logged

Le Mans - the how you get there is not quite as important as being there.
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 03:32:04 pm »

Having watched both the F1 race and the A1GP yesterday, I must say that A1 won it again. Brilliant overtaking by lots of drivers, inside tarzan corner, outside tarzan, in- and outside Audi S corner, just brilliant. F1 was to early to get excited for, just know it was wet and there were a bunch of off's and some crashes.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 03:46:18 pm »

I saw the last bit of the race while I was at Zandvoort, I must say, a brilliant start of the day, packed with great racing from the A1GP. Did anyone else see it? Great win by Oliver Jarvis btw in the feature race.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2007, 02:56:17 pm »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7027743.stm

seems like young Lewis has a few questions to answer now.

I did think he was being a bit eractic behind the S/C, bunching them up etc.

Whats the betting he gets put back ten places on Sunday, anything to keep up the viewing figures for the last round and keep alive the chance of a Ferrari WDC.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2007, 03:28:52 pm »

"Once behind the safety car, the race leader must keep within five car lengths of it."

Hmm, I wonder how often that rule has been broken within the last decade in F1.

FIA would do anything to get Ferrari on top, right? Undecided

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
RoverMan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2007, 03:40:57 pm »

I have been following F1 since Graham Hill drove (that gives a hint of my age!). I was getting bored until Lewis arrived, this season has been good.

But if the FIA penalise him, then that is it, I'll just watch other things and leave F1 to the masses. When will they realise that Ferrari is not the only team that can win??

Plenty of other drivers have made minor infringements of the 'rules' and got away with it, so should Lewis.

Maybe it is the rules that are wrong?

Hoping to get to Le Mans next year, maybe some other endurance races.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2007, 04:45:01 pm »

Fuming of the New Forest

Why the hell are you getting upset it's only F1 for christs sake.

We all know it is corrupt and that it is only run for the benefit of the dancing donkey and to increase the bank balance of a meglomaniac dwarf.

Long gone are the days of Ken Tyrell and men like him who were in the sport for the love of racing.

Don't bother watching it there is plenty more motorsport on TV at the weekends without having to resort to F1

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: