Club Arnage
September 25, 2024, 11:21:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: P&O Ferries price  (Read 8579 times)
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2007, 04:06:41 pm »

If you are prepared to take a gamble on next years race being 14/15 June (surely it must be) P&O are offering a 70 quid return. Be prepared for the price to rise once the date is announced.

Outward  Dover - Calais Wed 11 Jun 2008 21:40  £35.00 
Options  None   
Return Calais - Dover Mon 16 Jun 2008 14:00 £35.00 
Options  None   
Includes 4 adults , Car , 

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
nickliv
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 04:13:54 pm »

Magic. I'll have a look. Don't forget the £10 priority boarding fee.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 05:45:21 pm »

Magic. I'll have a look. Don't forget the £10 priority boarding fee.

£12 now. Sad
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 05:52:23 pm »

The return trip on Monday at 1400 is up to £50 already Angry
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 06:04:08 pm »

For those who travel reguarly both Sea France and P&O do a block of tickets (Carnet on Sea France) which gives 10 trips for around £45 a trip, making £90 for an each way.  They are valid for around a year - with Sea France it's a year from when you use the first one I think (worth checking with both of them) and we book them and move them.   They are standard five day returns usually and sometimes they don't charge us extra for going for more than five days. 

The absolute beauty of them is that they are hugely flexible and certainly Sea France treat you as a VIP and we've rarely had a problem securing the crossings that we want with them.  It also makes life easier if you miss a crossing.   Sea France charge a small supplement over the end of July/early August (catches us for Spa). 
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 12:36:50 am »

Just checked LD lines and Brittany ferries from pompey (My Usual Crossing), Tuesday 10th to tues 17th? no prices from LD lines and £310 from Brittany. That will double by next summer.

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 10:30:14 am »

For those who travel reguarly both Sea France and P&O do a block of tickets (Carnet on Sea France) which gives 10 trips for around £45 a trip, making £90 for an each way.  They are valid for around a year - with Sea France it's a year from when you use the first one I think (worth checking with both of them) and we book them and move them.   They are standard five day returns usually and sometimes they don't charge us extra for going for more than five days. 
My wife forwarded me an email recently from SpeedFerries. Precisely the same, except for the price: £220,- for ten singles, so £44 each return trip.

A lot cheaper than the Channel Tunnel, but I don't care Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 11:14:08 am »

My wife forwarded me an email recently from SpeedFerries. Precisely the same, except for the price: £220,- for ten singles, so £44 each return trip.

A lot cheaper than the Channel Tunnel, but I don't care Grin

Speedferries is fine if you've got four hours to spend between sailings!  Plus I think with the trailer we're bordering on being too long for them. 
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 11:29:43 am »

That is one hell of a long journey for you. Bristol - Dover - Le Mans. Surely there is a quicker if not cheaper way.

Agree about the use of Speedferries. One hold up on the way and you're in for a long wait. If you miss your P&O or Sea France they put you on the next sailing, 40 minute wait is not so bad.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 11:32:54 am by BOB U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 11:34:43 am »

That is one hell of a long journey for you. Bristol - Dover - Le Mans. Surely there is a quicker if not cheaper way.

It's just over three hours from us to Dover and somewhere over 2 hours to Portsmouth as it's cross country so there's not a vast difference in travelling time this side of the channel and whenever I've looked the ferry cost Dover Calais is so much cheaper than any of the other options that it is still worthwhile, especially adding the trailer into the equation. 

KK went one of the longer routes to the Moto 24 earlier this year and with just the car and one passenger very off season it was OK and he managed to sleep so could do a days work the next day.  I'm not great at travelling overnight, it buggers my sleep patterns and leaves me prone to migraines so we go for early morning getaways from Bristol to be in Dover from 9ish and head off from there. 
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 12:16:30 pm »

I've used Speedferries the last three years and have only good things to say about them. Has anyone heard when/if they're getting the second Seacat?

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 06:23:18 pm »

I've used Speedferries the last three years and have only good things to say about them. Has anyone heard when/if they're getting the second Seacat?

I bought one of their Superticket multi packages at their last promotion.  So we had a weekend away across the channel last weekend - no mention now of a second ferry or a revised timetable.
My theory is either they could not find a suitable second vessel on the secondhand market or they had a good look at their business model and decided against it.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 11:48:04 pm »

just put quote for motorbike with Britany. pompey to cherbourg £198 ouch. pompey to caen £213 b****ks are they taking the urine!
No prices yet for LD Lines but they have never charged more than a ton.
Anyone with a trailer or a van to take me and the bike?

Andy
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2007, 12:31:47 pm »

I have one return ticket left to use before 31 Dec from a previous promotion. They mailed me earlier this year, just after summer timetables were published, to say they would be amended as they were getting a second boat. When I called them it was expected in the following couple of weeks. It obviously fell through for them for some reason.

Mostly my experience was good except 2006 when we were turfed out of the Dover queue for being millimetres too long. My failt, I didn't even think to measure, but P&O did very well out of me as a result.... I've never had a decent win on their one armed bandits though, which I have a few times on P&O. And the duty free shop, when it's open (which seems a bit random) is pretty crap - but that's academic as I wouldn't buy there anyway. The good thing is that you start off 20 minutes closer to Le Mans then from Calais, and the wait time is less each side.
keithk
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 08:07:02 am »

Agree about the use of Speedferries. One hold up on the way and you're in for a long wait. If you miss your P&O or Sea France they put you on the next sailing, 40 minute wait is not so bad.

A friend of mine uses the Portsmouth Carn route but its up to 10 X the cost (le mans week) of Dover Calais. As piglet says I used Portsmouth Le Harve for the moto 24 because I could, sleep in both directions and go out later then be back for work Tuesday.It was a cheap ticket and worked fine, I tried to book for Le Mans all of the overnight ferries were 400-500 quid for that week.

The SeaFrance ticket we get fully refundable and amendable tickets, so we just turn up and they get us on the next ferry. 4 hours to Dover, 90 mins on ferry and then 5 hours to LM via Calais,or  2.5 hours to Portsmouth, 7 hours on ferry, and then 3 hours to Le Mans from Le Harve I know Caen is a little closer but you only save an hour

It's about 1000 miles of driving ( LM and back via Dover) so about 20 gallons of diesel, lets say £80 for fuel and £100 for the ferry return against about 500 miles to LM via Portsmouth so £50 of fuel and up to £450 on ferry return so about £500 against £180
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: