Club Arnage
October 07, 2024, 12:44:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 3636 times)
Catchpole

Lets Go Racing

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2007, 11:08:57 pm »

« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 09:30:57 am by Catchpole » Logged
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 01:51:31 am »

With regard to these hateful devices and the swine that operate them (when retired from the police, I feel one should 'retire', not volunteer to shaft the motorist), If you happen to get a letter from plod saying you have been caught by said roadside device......... ignore it6 or so weeks later you will receive the same letter, ignore that.... and hopefully that will be the end of it.
Its worked 4 times for me and my licence is still clean on the Plod database... also, if asked to send your counterpart bit off to have points added, dont send it, then ring em up a month or so after and ask when it will be returned. They will sound very confused, blame the post office, cut you off... and hey presto... still a clean licenceand no points. bouncing cheques on them also works as that buggers up their system.
As the nice lady said to me on my last call " between you and me sir, if you leave this a few weeks before applying for your new counterpart licence, you will be ok, our system has lost your details and an application has already been sent to DVLA to remove the points from your licence"

There is a god after all!!!!!!!!

Any comments from anyone?

Oh and if speeding in Wiltshire, dont look at the web link on the letter "view your offence" as they then know you have received it!! Lady PP really wanted to see the racing jetta on the big screen!

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 10:13:13 pm »

well , I've not been caught by one myself , but as I cycle to work most days its really no suprise.

However with regard to ignoring the letters it does work as reported in the evening chronicle a few weeks ago.

A NUFC players car was clocked at 105 in a temporary 50 zone near to Morpeth by a van.

He ignored 2 letters and was sent a court summons which he also ignored.

In his absence the court fined him £110 + £50 costs and endorsed his licence with 3 points.

Not exactly getting away with it but 55mpg over the speed limit would normally be a ban.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 11:49:56 pm »

I was advised by a serving member of the force that the roadside vans issue so many tickets that they dont have the manpower to chase all of those that dont reply... so if you get one.... fingers crossed!
It does work though as RedStu says.... just be brave enough to do it. Proof of postage is not proof of delivery... in a second class brown envelope... with a Polish postman... he he

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 11:34:51 pm »

I scored 2953..... hurrah.

Camera Vans save lives.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 01:32:43 am »

Yes, they do.
Spending all day on the road, however, it becomes obvious that they are not just placed at accident blackspots, but in places where they are sure to get the required number of "hits" needed.
My Wiltshire one was from a corner where a 60 limit turns to 30 after a bend with a pull in 20m after the sign...(where they wait) sign is not visible until you round the bend.
Thats hardly fair..................
And I dont drive like a twat.... see enough people doing that all day long Embarrassed

JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 02:55:01 pm »

5 vans, 4272 ... Result  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: