Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 08:14:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Theft of images  (Read 11671 times)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2007, 10:37:57 am »

Thanks Werner and the others for the help.

It seems that the cd rom was using images harvested from many people without their knowledge or consent and ebay have taken down the offer.

He strangely never replied to my request for 30 euros for every image he used taken from my web site!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 05:14:38 pm by Nordic » Logged

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
keithk
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2007, 01:55:47 pm »

It seems that the cd rom was using images harvested from many people without their knowledge or consent and ebay have taken down the offer.

He strangely never replied to my request for 30 euros for ever image he used taken from my web site!

I reported him to Ebay and the ACO with links in the email to all the stuff he was selling including the book that was stopped and then burnt by the ACO for copyright infringement
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2007, 03:29:00 pm »

The photographer owns the copyright. That is how it works. In your position, I would have sent the bloke an invoice for £10,000 for each shot and then pursued payment rigorously, just for my own entertainment. He would have pulled it off eBay pdq if you had I suspect  Grin
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2007, 08:38:29 pm »

He strangely never replied to my request for 30 euros for every image he used taken from my web site!
Nordic,what is the address for your site.
I would like to check it out.

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2007, 08:39:13 am »

Nordic,what is the address for your site.
I would like to check it out.

http://rupert8766.fotopic.net/list_collections.php

Here you go, bear in mind I was very young when I took most of them, and excuse the shakey, pooly composed efforts.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2007, 09:08:05 am »

He's back again:

http://cgi.ebay.de/LE-MANS-24-HOURS-1949-2007-DATABASE-6000-PICS-CD-1-43_W0QQitemZ330175837793QQihZ014QQcategoryZ101755QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LE-MANS-24-HOURS-1949-2007-DATABASE-6000-PICS-CD-1-43_W0QQitemZ330175837793QQihZ014QQcategoryZ101755QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2007, 10:56:09 am »

And gone again, app. 15 mins. after I wrote him an email threatening to report him to the tax office Grin Grin Grin

hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2007, 11:04:39 am »

Perfect!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2007, 11:13:58 am »

Thanks Werner,

I saw it yesterday and emailed the guy asking for 40Euros per picture or I would report him to ebay. He replied saying the photos were all his dads the cheeky monkey!

Seems like the German Tax office is a very good threat.

H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2007, 10:06:58 pm »

Thanks Werner,

I saw it yesterday and emailed the guy asking for 40Euros per picture or I would report him to ebay. He replied saying the photos were all his dads the cheeky monkey!

Seems like the German Tax office is a very good threat.

Well, it's a very realistic threat. There are regular news reports that the german tax authorities are scanning ebay auctions to find people who pose as private sellers but are actually doing business and are therefore tax evaders. What this guy does - compiling a CD and offering 6 copies as "Buy it now" is clearly commercial. Whatever you do, god may have mercy with you, but the german tax people won't...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 10:08:41 pm by Werner » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: