Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 10:16:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Theft of images  (Read 11677 times)
Muzorewa

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2007, 12:01:10 pm »

Isn't there some blurb on the back of tickets (I'm thinking MSV here) where the ownership of any film or images belongs to the circuit?  A difficult one to argue but in any event the images don't belong to this muppet.  I see in the case of Nordic's picture he's just cropped the bottom and used it as his own  Angry
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2007, 12:06:39 pm »

Muz, punters have the right to take pictures for their own personal use only.  There is potentially an argument that says putting them on a website is in breach of that but I can't see the circuit owners going after someone who is not making a profit and is giving them free advertising. 

Media snappers can use images for media purposes only, any other use is deemed commercial use and requires a separate licence (fee  Grin)
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2007, 12:10:00 pm »

Termie, I've left KK a message as he's teaching at the moment, I'll get him to confirm who would be best to talk to at the ACO. 
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2007, 12:11:54 pm »

here's one I stole earlier, thanks Steve.

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2405693780052760295EftbuQ?vhost=rides

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2007, 12:12:23 pm »

Ohhh Good point about contacting his bank JDS, under the EU Money Laundering Reg's they must take action if they believe he may be evading tax.   Grin
Exactly ... It really bugs me when unscrouplous (can't spell that!) dodgy people defraud/rip off/steal call it what you will, the work of others !!!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 12:15:37 pm by JDS » Logged
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2007, 01:28:22 pm »

I did see the ACO logo on some of his pictures on his different adds, there are quit a few that are clearly taken from Le Mans yearbooks. Just report him to the ACO, they wont be pleased to say the least police

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2007, 02:17:38 pm »

Lawyers make good money out of this sort of thing.  At Le Mans I always ask the chap in front to sign a "model release form", as if I ever were to make money out of all those pictures of the back of his head, he'll want a share.

There must be easier ways of making money.  All that downloading, sorting, burning etc for a few quid.  Unless you sell thousands of course.

The other problem is that photos on the web are not high definition - perhaps only 400 pixels wide, which is OK on the computer screen, but when printed as an A4 callender, your frogeyes gets blurred

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2007, 03:31:26 pm »

Offer is still on ebay, I've mailed a complaint to them

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2007, 04:54:52 pm »

I have e-mailed the ACO press office. Watch this space....

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2007, 05:01:44 pm »

Thanks for the help. Cheesy

I know it is trival in some respects and the risk of this happening goes hand in hand with posting pictures on web sites, it has happened twice before to me that I know about.

The bigger problem is that there are many people who make a living from photography and for them to be ripped of so blantantly poses a bigger finiancal problem.

It is also probable he has used the work of Martin Krejci and his racingsportscar web page. Martin and others spend many hours building up free databases, only for it to be used by others and sold without referance or credit.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2007, 05:54:25 pm »

I hope that was for your "personal use" Brian  Grin

Steve East Anglian cobras

keithk
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2007, 08:02:07 am »

I recently had to have words with a the web master of site which used one of my images taken directly from my site ( I had sent the link to him because I thought they might be interested) and his response was
 "You sent me the link so I assumed that I could use what I wanted"! and this is someone who I've know for ten years and provided images for in the past......
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2007, 09:07:59 am »

thought this may be interesting - it's Aussie law, but seems similar to that which I understand to be in force in the UK/europe and is nice and simlple. It's from www.catchfencephotos.com

What is copyright?

Copyright is a type of property that is founded on a person's creative skill and labour. It is designed to prevent the unauthorised use by others of a work, that is, the original form in which an idea or information has been expressed by the creator.

Copyright is not a tangible thing. It is made up of a bundle of exclusive economic rights to do certain acts with an original work or other copyright subject-matter. These rights include the right to copy, publish, communicate (eg broadcast, make available online) and publicly perform the copyright material.

Copyright creators also have a number of non-economic rights. These are known as moral rights. This term derives from the French droit moral. Moral rights recognised in Australia are the right of integrity of authorship, the right of attribution of authorship and the right against false attribution of authorship.

How do you obtain copyright protection?
No formalities - including no registration
The Copyright Act does not require the completion of formalities (such as publication, registration or the payment of fees) in order to obtain protection in Australia, or any other country which is also a party to an international copyright treaty. This is unlike the position with patents, trade marks, designs and plant breeder's rights where registration is a precondition to protection. Copyright protection is granted automatically from the time an original work is created.

Who is a copyright owner?
Works
Usually the creator of a literary, dramatic, m usical or artistic work is the first owner of the copyright in it, but there are several exceptions. One important exception is that copyrights in works made during the course of employment are owned by the employer and not the employee. All copyright ownership rules (except those that relate to moral rights) may be varied by agreement.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 09:11:02 am by JDS » Logged
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2007, 04:11:43 pm »

A copy of the disk that has been brought by someone on the Atlas fourm has shown that the following watermarked pictures and webpages have been used in the creation of this cd rom.

Paul Kooyman
Jean-Eric Descombes
FD Lemierre
Bernard Brothier
Pascal Grandjean
Stephane Lusteau
Oliver Runschke
Richard Bunyan
T. Rondel
Laurent Le Maitre
Rick Wilson
Arquivo Curvelo
Phillippe Hubert
Francois Cornette
Washington Photos

and the following websites :

Racing-Live.com
Champion Racing
Maisonblanche.co.uk
Moteurnature.com
Project Le Mans
Perso.club-internet.fr
Club Arnage
Jacky Ickx

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2007, 09:09:14 am »

The offer has disappeared on ebay Gemany and ebay UK

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: