Club Arnage
September 25, 2024, 05:22:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Calender. We need your photos  (Read 13700 times)
goodduck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2007, 06:58:51 pm »

i just sent in my three entries. thanks termeitermite for reminding me.

ps someone might want to update the original calendar topic because it says "i will be asking for submissions shortly"

looking for 2 General Admission tickets for 2023 24H Le Mans race only but will buy anything available.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2007, 12:04:17 am »

Mail box is full Rick.

Reporting-MTA: dns; smtp-in-127.livemail.co.uk
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: A555A678016
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822;
Arrival-Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 22:00:31 +0000 (GMT)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; capics@totalsportscar.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; maildir delivery failed: Mailbox disk space quota
    exceeded, please try again later.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 12:12:11 am by Steve Brown » Logged

Steve East Anglian cobras

rcutler
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2007, 09:24:12 am »

Steve, use Removed  Wink

Thanks!

I was in Brussels yesterday so was not able to download them. Today I am online, so should not be a problem. Steve did you want to resend the mail? When I am online it automatically downloads them. Removed has a 2gb limit, so should not be a problem if sent there.

If I do not see them by the weekend then I will retrieve them from webshots.

Rick.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 11:17:35 pm by Rick Cutler » Logged
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2007, 06:37:32 pm »

Thanks Rick - all should now be in your in box.

Steve East Anglian cobras

rcutler
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2007, 02:56:07 pm »

I do hope we are not talking about Cricket! Shocked
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2007, 01:21:34 pm »

Just to bump this up again.  Please spend the weekend (or some of it!) looking through your pics and get submitting.  Time has nearly run out.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2007, 01:13:06 am »

Heres one I posted earlier just after LN for consideration.

and has it happens, here is another one I found from this year, a real 'atmospheric' one!!!!

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
rcutler
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2007, 11:40:50 pm »

OK, the closing date has reached however as I will be at work tomorrow and will not be uploading the images until the evening.

Therefore I will extend the deadline until 1800 tomorrow (1st of October)

I have recieved lots of images from people however I will not be searching through web based albums. Anyone that has posted more then 5 images will be allocated a Letter signifying they are from the same person. This is to prevent anyone having more then 5 images in the calender. If you have posted images in this thread then I will download them and add them. I have recieved two emails with links to individual photos on web based photos, these will be included but no more please.

Thanks for your efforts with photography and please remind all your mates and colleagues that they need a CA Calender next year.
rcutler
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2007, 11:16:46 pm »

OK, I have recieved over 170 images in total, some very good images there. It is now onto Piglet and KeithK to judge these and then I will contact those that have had images selected for higher resolution images if required.

Many Thanks for all the pictures and start snapping for next years!

Rick.

Note: Steve could you delete my email address out of any threads it has been posted. SPAM has gong silly again!
nickliv
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2007, 07:22:48 pm »

Rick

Nexttime you need to post your email address, stick the word NOSPAM in it somewhere. That way most spammers won't be able to make the address work, and those of us who do want to get in touch with you will just take the NOSPAM out of the address.
keithk
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2007, 08:34:15 am »

OK, I have recieved over 170 images in total, some very good images there. It is now onto Piglet and KeithK to judge these and then I will contact those that have had images selected for higher resolution images if required.

Many Thanks for all the pictures and start snapping for next years!

Rick.

The general quality of images submitted has been really good, however, some of them were just not suitable for the calendar because of the way they were composed & framed.  So before you head off to take pictures for next year's calendar here are some tips. 

Some do's and don'ts

1. Don't crop images very tight leave plenty of space and use the 2/3rds rule, many of this years images were good but were not suitable because either the subject was not complete or the subject was so close to the edges of the frame we could not fit an insert in any corner.

2. Don't send  images that are out of focus, do be your own hardest critic

3. Don't send images that have text on them or you have adjusted the colour profile we or the printers can tweek and sharpen them if required.

4. Don't over use effects

5. Do ensure the images are your copyright.

6. Do remember for a calendar Main shots normally are in landscape, inserts can be either landscape or portrait.

7. and finally enjoy your photography be creative look for something different or think "would I want to look at that image for a month on my wall?"
matt172

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2007, 11:11:28 am »

Cry bum, I've been busy with wedding stuff and only just noticed this, hope you do one next year too so I can send some pics in  Grin
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2007, 03:48:44 pm »

Cry bum, I've been busy with wedding stuff and only just noticed this, hope you do one next year too so I can send some pics in  Grin

Does that mean you are volenteering to help produce it?

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
sh4rpsh00ter

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2007, 10:13:58 pm »

Possibly for next year, if the calender sells well, we get a commissioned artwork for the front cover??

This guy does for Octane and Classic Car & sports (i think), might do one at a reduced rate for the club?Huh Worth asking even if it goes no further.

www.guyallen-art.com

Have a look, some great artwork on either way. The 917's are fab.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2007, 10:24:11 pm »

The cynic in me wonders if that post was just to plug someone's website  Huh

To give the benefit of the doubt, given that our only need to raise money is to provide enough dosh to run the site and to donate to charity I can't see why we'd want to spend money on commissioning artwork?  Especially as the front of a calendar is the one page that you don't' look at for a month! 

If the artist would like to donate something for the summer charity auction I'm sure it will be gratefully received!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: