Club Arnage
September 25, 2024, 07:19:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodwood  (Read 6186 times)
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007, 06:42:20 pm »

Many thanks for the offer Andy.
My sister lives in Chichester (brother in law is marshalling at Goodwood) so we've blagged her floor.
Will probably stay in Wokingham on Friday night (floowing a couple of CA type sherbets)  Roll Eyes

Steve East Anglian cobras

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 06:41:05 pm »

A very enjoyable two days at Goodwood was had by several Zarses. We saw a bit of Steve Brown and the wonderful AS Aston DBR2 replica. He and Andy Two-Cobras seemed very busy indeed and their voices were on the point of exhaustion by closing on sunday.

The highlight of our saturday was to be invited through the security barrier and given a tour of the WWII display aircraft. Of course, they don't let just anyone in there, they strictly keep the "ordinary people" and hoy-poloy well away from such valuable machines. Not so Team Zarse.

Needless to say, I was asked if i would like to sit in a Spitfire. Wood eye! What a privilege! The Spirit of Kent (or MY Spitfire as I now prefer to call her Wink) was still hot and ticking from her last display. She smelt of hot oil, fuel and a sort of indescribable old aeroplane aroma. I got to move the elevators, ailerons and rubber pedals, and to push the fire button located on the joystick and go "DAGA-DAGA-DAGA". God it felt smooth, totally unlike the slightly artificial feel of a Piper or Cessna. No wonder it's been described as a Gentleman's sports aeroplane. When I closed the canopy things became amazingly claustrophobic. How the hell those guys could see anything not at 30 degrees to centre is beyond me. The rear veiw mirror on the Commer is more effective in terms of seeing what's coming up behind you. Anyway, such was my reluctance to exit, they nearly had to get the crash axe out to prize me from the seat I can tell you!

All in all I consider myself to be a jammy jammy bastard.  Wink

* GW07spitfire2a.jpg (27.88 KB, 816x612 - viewed 190 times.)

* GW07spitfire1a.jpg (23.73 KB, 816x612 - viewed 237 times.)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 06:46:27 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2007, 07:52:53 pm »

Very enjoyable day out. Change of plan meant i went yesterday. Sorry i missed Steve and Andy did try in the morning, but you were watching the first race and later you looked too busy. Nice car though, the aluminium bonnet was very nice.
Shame about the Martin Stretton crash. Very lucy to escape with a broken elbow from a monster crash.
Here's some pics i, not by me i must add.

http://rupert8766.fotopic.net/c1361686_1.html

http://www.pbase.com/steephill/revival2007

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2007, 07:04:18 pm »

For me Goodwood was hard work, but very rewarding.  The ASM DBR2 reproduction www.asmotorsport.co.uk received a great deal of interest and attention.  Andy and I talked our voices out for 3 days (and had to repair them with best bitter each evening).

Good to see Andy Z etc.  I also managed to slip away to watch a bit of racing on Sunday (Brooklands Trophy / TT race / Sussex Trophy) and will upload some photos soon.  Plus the real DBR2 won it's race - good stuff.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: