Club Arnage
September 27, 2024, 09:30:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "S" Word  (Read 95862 times)
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: March 09, 2008, 04:13:50 am »

All 6 arrived safe n sound in Denver. Going out for something to eat and drink now, collecting the rental cars tomorrow. No snow here, temps are just above freezing level. Houston was so much better as for immigration than Orlando last year... Undecided

Will check in later, regards to all being hit by thunderstorms in FLA Wink

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 09, 2008, 10:46:11 am »

regards to all being hit by thunderstorms in FLA Wink

Are you sure it isnt just JPC snoring?!

F
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 11, 2008, 04:17:52 am »

The Moose is loose Grin one more sleep and off to the airport. See those of you that are coming when we get there. To the rest see you in Le Mans.
 Canada Phil
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 12, 2008, 02:39:52 am »

Quick update from FL:
Rick Cutler arrived (surprisingly sober) on Saturday evening. It seems that Virgin Atlantic keep their fares down with the old, "Sorry sir, we've run out of beer" caper. Cheap bastards.
Seth and I hurried Rick down to FoF and filled him up with Yuengling which seemed to render him more familiar. Meeting people from this forum when sober is a little un-nerving, I find. Anyway the accompanying suitcase-full of tea bags (and a honking great bottle of Absolut Wodker) earned him bed and board at Chez Harper. We took him to a baseball game on Sunday. We didn't get to see a whole hell of a lot of the Braves/Cards spring training game, preferring to examine the inside of the bottom of lots of Heineken tins. Embarassingly, we all got 'orribly sunburnt, earning me the usual slapping from 'er indoors.
On Monday Rick disappeared and later came back with a f**k*ng humungous RV, after which, we swung back around to the airport to pick up Doris and another three hundredweight of PG Tips. Predictably we ended up back at The Fish on Fire - it has become somewhat of a tradition, it seems. They both left late on Monday morning to see the launch out at the Cape with Every and Julian. Sounds like they enjoyed the biiiiiig firework.
Just when I thought I could have a quiet night in, it transpires that Hardpoint (YFDS) and 7 of his buddies are coming in from the icefields of the North on Wednesday and heading for.....you guessed it - my local boozer. I think it would be churlish of me not to put in an appearance and welcome them back to the hi'billy state.
Thoughts of f*cked-up tee shirts seem to have faded (like the aforesaid teeshirts themselves apparently! - sorry, I just couldn't let that one-liner go to waste) in favour of cheap beer, chicken wings, driving on't wrong side o' thoroughfare and meeting likeminded American racefans/piss-artists.
Apparently, the road-warriors have passed through Memphis TN and are still on schedule to land on Green Park, sometime on Thursday night.
Roll-on race weekend, eh?

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: March 12, 2008, 05:46:23 am »

I'm with GAB at Glen's house, we met Chris24 at the airport. See y'all at the track on Friday.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: March 12, 2008, 02:55:47 pm »

No, I'm not jealous! No, I'm not jealous! No, I'm not jealous! No, I'm not jealous! No, I'm not jealous! No, I'm not jealous! No, I'm not jealous! No, I'm not jealous! No, I'm not jealous! No, I'm not jealous! No, I'm not jealous! No, I'm not jealous! No, I'm not jealous! No, I'm not jealous! No, I'm not jealous! No, I'm not jealous! No, I'm not jealous! No, I'm not jealous! No, I'm not jealous! No, I'm not jealous!  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

AAAArrrghhh, you lucky b*stards!!!

Grin I wish all of you much fun at Sebring!

Cheers

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 18, 2008, 12:10:30 am »

The last of the MCO outbound CA mob (Rick and Janine) will be wheels-up and homeward bound in about 20 minutes. At risk of rubbing faces in it, this was probably my most enjoyable 12 Hours of Sebring. By the look of things, plenty of others felt the same way.
My man-servant and I arrived at the circuit unusually early this year - I have finally abolished my day-fag status and can hold my head up at Turn 10. Friday night was a particularly pissy-kacky do, Seth's "Liquid Meth" shots, competing with the Tropicoma for bragging rights. Sadly, for each shot that Seth dished-out, he necked one himself, so by and by he became quite incapable of anything verging on coherent. The Turn 10 slide-show was utterly spectacular and a very jolly evening was had by all.
Race day was warm and sunny. It was also loud, drunken and laughter-filled. The food, drink, hospitality and friendship was genuinely a thing to behold and those crazy 'mericans (Jupiter John, Randy, Greg, Lee, MiCarr etc. etc.) make this race so much more fun - particularly for those who travel from overseas to see it. Kudos to you all guys!
For my part, it was a real treat to see so many old friends and to collect such a vast quantity of tea bags from people who clearly do give a rat's ass about me. I'm very, very grateful. I also got to snag all the left-over liquor that can't be flown back to Blighty - so thanks for all that too. I hope all that everyone who made it over had a good time and that you'll all be back again soon.
Special thanks to Rick for helping me with my erection (tent) on Friday night, La Bomba for a piss-funny drive around the car park and to Penske for giving us a race that wasn't a foregone conclusion.
Finally, one of the coolest things I've seen in a very long time (well - a year, actually) was at races end, on the cool-down lap, when Johnny O stopped his C6R on the track across from Turn 10, spooled-up the motor so that it was bouncing on the rev limiter and put down a f*ck-off smokey burn-out right through the curve. Pure class from a team that recognises it's fan-base. Awesome sh*t.   

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 18, 2008, 12:29:00 am »

Finally, one of the coolest things I've seen in a very long time (well - a year, actually) was at races end, on the cool-down lap, when Johnny O stopped his C6R on the track across from Turn 10, spooled-up the motor so that it was bouncing on the rev limiter and put down a f*ck-off smokey burn-out right through the curve. Pure class from a team that recognises it's fan-base. Awesome sh*t.   

Matt,

Can you post any photos please.

Leftie

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: March 18, 2008, 12:44:46 am »

Matt,

Leftie

I am just uploading a movie on Youtube of that happening: will be there in hopefully a few minutes
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 18, 2008, 12:45:46 am »

Sounds 'kin great... can I come next year?? Grin Please...

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: March 18, 2008, 12:51:17 am »

here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsPzPR4GRxM
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 18, 2008, 01:10:23 am »

Cool Grin

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: March 18, 2008, 01:40:04 am »

Matt,

Leftie

Harper.  Take photos.  Now there's a sight to behold.  He'll be too busy hanging onto a cold nigerian  Grin

Steve East Anglian cobras

Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 18, 2008, 03:46:56 am »

Can't argue with that one Steve. Equipped with a camera, I'm about as much use as tits on a fish.

Photography tends to compromise the finer aspects of sustained drinking in my experience. Now you mention it - and the more I mull it over, I think it's fair to say that all those folks with fancy cameras with those ridiculous phallic lenses - and f-stop this and focal length that - they're all beer pansies (probably gay too).

Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 19, 2008, 01:29:56 pm »

Good old Johnny O ! He also did one almighty burnout coming out of turn 17 and down the front stretch. Much more smoke than at Turn 10. Was a joy to watch and smell. Grin

Beer pansie yes, but gay NO !
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: