Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 06:29:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speeding in Holland  (Read 4269 times)
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2007, 05:55:58 pm »

Upon my return to the office from 2 weeks of sailing and winsurfing in Kos, what do I find on my desk but a lovely letter from the Centraal Justitiee Inncasso Bureau based in Leeuwarden in NL. They have kindly informed me that I was over the national speed limit by 4km/hr near Ouder Amstel on the A1 motorway and they have kindly requested payment of Euro 27 police

If I do not hand over payment then they will kindly increase the charges. Cry

What do the Dutch members of CA think I should do? pay up and be greatful that points will not be added to my licence or file it in the bin and be added on the Dutch Police most wanted list Huh

Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 06:55:56 pm »

Well, I'm not sure whether it applies to all European countries, but when I receive a speeding ticket from Belgium, Dutch police a very happy to collect it for them and even come by for a visit at work (it was a company car). Apparently the forces are working together in these cases, but as said, I don't know if that applies in this case.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 08:29:22 pm »

As far as I understood, the major European police forces are going to be able to fine people from abroad on their license plate only -like speed fines and parking fines- from "the summer" onwards.
This is some new European rule, basically to collect more money of course. Especially in this matter. If I get caught speeding with as low as 4 ks p/h here in Holland, I get fined €14. Apparently it's okay by new laws to charge foreigners just about double that amount.

Grand, ainnit? Undecided

I'd pay the fine btw, just to be on the safe side...

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 10:01:36 pm »

you won't loose points though I think, I have an English colleague who just moved to Holland a few months back

2 weeks ago he found 4 tickets in his mailbox, all within 2 days with the company car Cheesy
he didn't loose points though
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 01:05:59 am »

Upon my return to the office from 2 weeks of sailing and winsurfing in Kos, what do I find on my desk but a lovely letter from the Centraal Justitiee Inncasso Bureau based in Leeuwarden in NL. They have kindly informed me that I was over the national speed limit by 4km/hr near Ouder Amstel on the A1 motorway and they have kindly requested payment of Euro 27 police

If I do not hand over payment then they will kindly increase the charges. Cry

What do the Dutch members of CA think I should do? pay up and be greatful that points will not be added to my licence or file it in the bin and be added on the Dutch Police most wanted list Huh

I'd pay if I was you, Euro 27 is cheap. UK minimum is £60 and 3 points on the Lisense.

Just remember about the 'European Arrest Warrant'. Brit' police don't seem to use though as it's too much hassle and costly tracking it all down.
I'm sure somebody on here can enlighten further.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 02:59:35 am »

Jules, are you Uk based ??

Was it a UK based car ??

Do you own the car ??

Were you the owner of the car at the time ??

Were you the driver at the time ??

Is the photo of the offence your car ??

Take life by the horns and live it.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 08:37:18 am »

Still heard nothing here about the three flashes I received en France...
Catchpole

Lets Go Racing

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 09:17:44 am »

Foreigner or not, speeding is punishable by law (usual speed limits). Having a french driving licence or not, driving a vehicle with french driving plates or not, will make a difference in the outcome:
- You are arrested by the police or gendarmerie for moderate speeding. Fine to be paid on the spot. Points lost if french driving licence.
- You are arrested by the police or gendarmerie for inmoderate speeding (in excess of 50km/h). Fine to be paid, licence confiscated, vehicle might be impounded.
- You are caught speeding by a speed camera but not arrested with a foreign registered car. You are not likely to ever have to pay the fine, except if you are from Luxembourg. For now. Check here for more.

http://english.controleradar.org/speeding-in-france.php
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 12:09:44 pm »

Foreigner or not, speeding is punishable by law (usual speed limits). Having a french driving licence or not, driving a vehicle with french driving plates or not, will make a difference in the outcome:
- You are arrested by the police or gendarmerie for moderate speeding. Fine to be paid on the spot. Points lost if french driving licence.
- You are arrested by the police or gendarmerie for inmoderate speeding (in excess of 50km/h). Fine to be paid, licence confiscated, vehicle might be impounded.
- You are caught speeding by a speed camera but not arrested with a foreign registered car. You are not likely to ever have to pay the fine, except if you are from Luxembourg. For now. Check here for more.

http://english.controleradar.org/speeding-in-france.php
That article is out of date. From March this year, the UK has graciously agreed to provide the French with the addresses of all drivers caught speeding. Currently, although many people say they can add points to your license, under UK law the only 'penalty' that can be applied is a fine, but this will change as the harmonized EU driving license is phased in (2013 I think). A bit more detail (but mot much) here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/12/29/ndriving29.xml

Getting back tothe point in the original post, I'd pay the fine, it's peanuts and then out of your hair.
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 08:28:05 pm »

Being from holland, and knowing how the increase of the fine will at least triple, if not payed in time, I would just pay now and be done with it.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 03:36:27 am »

Jerry...

Are you sure. I thought the stumbling gound was the UK refusing access to foreigners to PNC/DVLA data bases ??

Take life by the horns and live it.
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2007, 11:02:35 am »

Robbo,

In answer to your questions:

are you Uk based ?? : Yes

Was it a UK based car ?? : No, Hire car

Do you own the car ?? :N/A

Were you the owner of the car at the time ??: N/A

Were you the driver at the time ??: Yes, on route to Amsterdam for a few beers.

Is the photo of the offence your car ??: No photo has been sent by the Dutch  police
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: