Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 06:33:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie/Oldbie Question  (Read 4110 times)
starheliomos

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2007, 02:22:30 pm »

Hi

Did LM  10 + 20 years ago, just bought ticket on door and dossed down under an hedge overnight. Now am older and wiser am going to do it in style next time.

Planning ahead for 2008 have purchased ACO Club 24 membership which I see comes with two free tickets to Tribune 18.

My question is, do you have to request these Tribune 18 tickets on the booking form and do they get posted to you with the Entrance + Campsite Tickets or do you have to apply for them when you get to the track?

Cheers
StarH
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 02:33:44 pm »

Welcome to this forum Smiley

As for the current situation for tickets: you might already be too late for a (decent) camping ticket. Rumours are that Maison Blanche tickets for the '08 race were sold out within a fortnight after the '07 race Undecided
You're probably best off ringing the ticket office themselves: Tel: 00 33 2 43 40 24 75   or 00 33 2 43 40 24 77

As for the membership, can't help you as I have only a standard membership.

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 02:44:37 pm »

Hi Star.....and welcome.

You are under a slight mis-apprehension - ACO membership does NOT come with 2 tickets for the ACO grandstand Tribune 18).  This grandstand is ONLY available to ACO members, who are (theoretically) allowed to buy two tickets per member.  They have to be applied for just like any other ticket.

As Paddy has said - all the main camp sites will be sold out by now, but there will still be tickets available for sites like Beausejour.  Do as Paddy advises and give them a ring - the girls in the office speak excellent English and are very helpful.

Things have changed a bit since you last went - have a look at the Club Arnage Guide to Le Mans here:

http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=7280.0 

Will give you lots of info.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 03:11:12 pm »

welcome to CA Starheliomos.

The answer to your question will depend on how you like to approach the weekend/week. I think I am right in saying that most regular CA's arrive on circuit early, many at the begining of the week to enjoy the build up and all that that entails. But if you are going for the race weekend only, my experience is that things might not have changed that much since you were last there. Turn up on the day, buy a ticket and busk it on the Saturday night. This year for example we waited until it was dark and set up a couple of tents in the furthest car park at Arnage for a few hours kip. The only thing I would say is that access to Garage Vert has changed significantly and for the last five or six years I have not been able to get in there (legitimately) As a result team Monkey always watches the start/finish from Mulsanne.

Like I say it depends a great deal on what you have in mind.
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 03:24:29 pm »

Welcome starheloimos

I concur with DelBoy - you definitely do not get free Tribune 18 tickets with your ACO membership, whatever the level. Your entitlement is to apply for a maximum of 2, and there is no members discount either, just the right to apply.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 04:13:00 pm »

Welcome Starheliomos.

I have to agree with Monkey... outside of the main camps things don't seem very different from days of old.

I guess it all depends on what and how long you go for.  If, like me, you are able only to spare enough time to go in and out quickly then, as Monkey suggests, just turn up and enjoy.

If on the other hand you are going for a longer period and are more interested in listening to other people's music, fighting off thieves and nurturing a hang-over then one of the official campsites may be a better bet... not my cup of tea.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 04:45:48 pm »

...... outside of the main camps things don't seem very different from days of old.

Huh Huh Huh

Major changes to the circuit.......new village.....new pits (depending on when you were last there)....reduced 'general punter' viewing areas......reduced visibility due to catch fencing........etc...etc

Del

Team Delboy Racing
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 05:07:47 pm »

...... outside of the main camps things don't seem very different from days of old.

Huh Huh Huh

Major changes to the circuit.......new village.....new pits (depending on when you were last there)....reduced 'general punter' viewing areas......reduced visibility due to catch fencing........etc...etc

Del

I meant in terms of just being able to turn up and find somewhere to grab some shut-eye (if needed).
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 05:28:50 pm »

I'm not so sure. In the past we've shoved a cheeky tent up in Parking Rouge but AFAIK the ACO take a very hard line on this practice these days. Hence Monkey hiding down the bottom end near Arnage! All I'm saying is don't bank on this as an option!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 05:34:23 pm »

In theory you are right Andy, but the ACO have never been supposed to allow tents in the car parks, but time it right and pick your car park and it can be done.  Maybe in Rouge and Bleu they are a bit more officious...
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 05:46:20 pm »

I'm not so sure. In the past we've shoved a cheeky tent up in Parking Rouge but AFAIK the ACO take a very hard line on this practice these days. Hence Monkey hiding down the bottom end near Arnage! All I'm saying is don't bank on this as an option!

Yes good point Andy, it is a bit of risky strategy, we were fortunate from the point of view that we were parked up against the fence and set up out of the way under the cover of darkness. I would not consider setting up in Rouge for the reason you highlight. I remember when we used to park in Vert, then we used to kip for an hour or two in the car.

* arnage sunday morning.JPG (252.1 KB, 640x480 - viewed 246 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: