Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 12:16:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Return Of The Vulcan  (Read 80248 times)
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2008, 06:58:07 pm »

Slightly more sedate I thought this time.

Not sure if the Pilots have been told to take it a bit careful, and if so were the instructions from the CAA or their own bosses.

Just hoping that they might get the go ahead for the more dramatic manoeuvres next season.

That said: it still looks absolutely awesome and the ground shakes beneath your very feet.

Landman

Crouch..........bind..........set
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2008, 07:16:46 pm »

I may well slip some cash to them when I find their stall tomorrow ;-)

Bentley boy
CA Veteran

A quoi bon

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2008, 11:41:46 am »

Not sure if the Pilots have been told to take it a bit careful

We were told on the open day earlier this year they will have to take it easy on the engines, so they can get the most service life possible out of them.

Great to see the Vulcan yesterday  Shocked a great crowd pleaser even if it was fairly sedate unlike the A380 WOW  Shocked Shocked
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2008, 12:00:32 pm »

Can anyone tell me?

Did we ever sell any of our V Bombers to any other country or was it only the RAF that used them?

I seem to recall other countrys using Victors once they had been converted to air to air refuelers but not definatly sure

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2008, 12:06:44 pm »

Apparently not.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avro_Vulcan

Google is your friend.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2008, 04:40:39 pm »

"the answer is no, the valiant, victor and vulcan were all for RAF use, though there would have been exchange crews from various friendly air arms flying them."

wasn't that the basic plotline from 'Thunderball'?

How is the arm old chap?

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2008, 08:58:52 pm »

Not sure if the Pilots have been told to take it a bit careful, and if so were the instructions from the CAA or their own bosses.

Just hoping that they might get the go ahead for the more dramatic manoeuvres next season.

That said: it still looks absolutely awesome and the ground shakes beneath your very feet.

Landman

Paul, update as to the reasons behind the 'lacklustre' display, just been chatting to my chums on the project and it seems  the crew are fatigue limited to what they can put the airframe through until work on the leading edges of the wings is completed.

hope this helps.

In which case I look forward to next year in the hope that the LEX's are renewed and that The Vulc renews her battle with additional high alpha manoeuvres.

Thx Peter

Landman/Paul

Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2008, 11:07:11 pm »

On the subject of planes, I spent today at Sunderland Air Show out on my boat waiting to see such delights as a Spitfire, Lancaster, Hurricane, Eurofighter (to name but a few) and that great british institution, The Red Arrows. But alas like yesterday the mist put an end to that. Misty as f**k on the coastline for 2 days running and blazing sun 1/2 mile inland. Thats 2 years running its been spoilt by mist. Never saw a thing but heard a couple fly past and did'nt even get the sails up. What a sh*t day
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2008, 08:38:52 am »

I'll miss the 7th but it's game on for Bournemouth as technically I own my own private car park [well, at least my employers do] so no problems with front row seats!

Landman

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2008, 09:46:37 pm »

taken this afternoon at Raf Brize Norton 10 mins of flybys, its not a 'display as the correct people and forms were not in place more a general try out of the kit, he he  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

oh wack up the volume Tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRm4i9Q2sog

Sweet...... Grin Grin Grin Grin

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 23, 2008, 10:35:31 pm »

On a similar nostalgic note, there we were at Silverstone during the Classic in July, quietly having a beer at the Scarf and Goggles early evening, when suddenly this "whoosh" and over went the 1950 Hawker Hunter. It did a 5 minute display and I was cursing that I had left all the cameras back at the caravan. Damn!
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2008, 09:37:49 am »

On a similar nostalgic note, there we were at Silverstone during the Classic in July, quietly having a beer at the Scarf and Goggles early evening, when suddenly this "whoosh" and over went the 1950 Hawker Hunter. It did a 5 minute display and I was cursing that I had left all the cameras back at the caravan. Damn!
Was that the Black one? if so it did a great display over Mudeford RLNI day a few weeks ago.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2008, 03:26:57 pm »

Another great video Cheesy

I am glad it wasnt me standing amongst the approach lights though

scary

thanks

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2008, 11:02:32 pm »

Was that the Black one? if so it did a great display over Mudeford RLNI day a few weeks ago.

Indeed it was - managed to snatch a few long shots of it - I'll try and post a couple once I get back to work next week.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2008, 08:58:17 am »

I have read that the Vulcan will appear at the Goodwood Revival this year.

Thats in addition to the the already great airshow put on at the meeting

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: