Club Arnage
June 26, 2024, 09:33:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: who had the coolest car.....  (Read 19128 times)
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2007, 10:49:25 am »

Found a pic of the original Humber at the campsite for teh drags in the early '90's. Santa Pod or Avon Park i cannot remember which one, with a very disrespectful yoof pretending to hose down my chrome, lovely

grumpy
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2007, 07:32:51 pm »

I had a cut-and-shut 1972 Beetle in "Lemon" yellow (actually closer to orange than yellow) with a 1500 engine, bucket seats, a 30w (yes 30W!) power amplifier and loads of other stuff.  Sounded fast but wasn't. 
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2007, 08:36:02 pm »

First car I bought myself was a 1938 MG TA when I was 19.

That was followed by a TR2, and then a Jag XK150 DHC 3.8, for which I paid the princely sum of £325 (I still have the receipt signed over a twopenny stamp).  Kept me rather poor at 22 years old as it only did 12 mpg around town.  It would probably cost that much a week to insure for someone of that age today!

I wish I still owned all three - would be worth a fortune today   Cry Cry

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2007, 10:28:51 pm »

CARS?

you had CARS?

My-y-y God!

When I were a lad we never had....

Lucky... You were all....

Hole in the road!

cardboard box

blah

Cry

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2007, 11:43:39 pm »

Well I think DelBoys in the lead of the cool stakes. Dad had an XK 140 in his youth- he put it in a skip with an Armstrong Sidley on top and weighed them in to pay for a cot for my brother!
 How times change eh!

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2007, 11:44:17 pm »

I got my license just after leaving school. My dad had a couple of cars my brother and I could use when available: an orange 1973 MGB roadster, a white '71 GT, a '78 Jag Double Six and a beige '71 Lancia Fulvia Berlina. Those were the days! Had to buy my own car when I crashed the MGB though. Undecided
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2007, 01:45:20 am »

I got my license just after leaving school. My dad had a couple of cars my brother and I could use when available: an orange 1973 MGB roadster, a white '71 GT, a '78 Jag Double Six and a beige '71 Lancia Fulvia Berlina. Those were the days! Had to buy my own car when I crashed the MGB though. Undecided

Pieter,

With those motors available to you, you must be Baron Von Flashoven.

Jerry

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2007, 01:53:08 am »

The 545cc Honda acty van was my first set of wheels, when mum didnt need it.
Progressed to the "Turquoise turd" Austin 1100 (HOT 769L) that grandma gave me when she was told by her doctor not to drive again!
Numerous horrid cars followed, nothing worth a mention until the£175 Jetta diesel that did 200k on basic servicing and cooking oil and managed 4 mots. Snapped its cam belt on the drive while being prepped to sell to a slovakian for £200. Gutted! (but with 290?k on the clock it did well) Its replacement £50 Fiesta 1.1 is doing ok with 12k in 5 months and about 5 gallons of the cheapest oil. Rusty (The Brethren) has seen her and will confirm that it is sh*t, matt reddy pink and never been washed. The Nissan 300c saloon (on the brethren website) and the black "hearse" 300c estate are both in the stables awaiting new mots, tyres etc, but as nissan, being so supportive of their older models, have removed all 300c parts from sale it is unlikely both will make it back on the road. The saloon is rust free and low miles, so more likely she will make the LM trip next year, unless I can find a ZIL.
Back to the thread.... daddy had all the cool sh*t.He goosed mother in his xk120 drophead in the 60s, then... Baby pics of me sat in a big 60's (S2?)Bently, Lambo espada, loads of jags inc doublesix coupe in limeflower, Rover v8's, 3.8 MKII (red with red) (cool to be picked up from school in) . Looked at a Corniche Coupe from jersey(V. low miles and v, sexy) with him when I was about 23ish..... begged him to buy it..... but he bought a jeep cherokee instead.... now its a nissan terrano in gay green. Please advise other fathers of such errors before they make them..... The Cornice could have towed his f**k*ng trailer better than the  nissan and would have looked far cooler at NEW MILTON SAND AND BALLAST! or at LM on Camp Brethren. Fool

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2007, 02:19:15 am »

Back to the thread.... daddy had all the cool sh*t.He goosed mother in his xk120 drophead in the 60s, then... Baby pics of me sat in a big 60's (S2?)Bently, Lambo espada, loads of jags inc doublesix coupe in limeflower, Rover v8's, 3.8 MKII (red with red) (cool to be picked up from school in) .

Was the 'sweeney' involved at all?

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2007, 02:31:55 am »

Possibly! Perhaps thats where my love of 60's and 70's junk comes from!
I think my curly hair came from the milk man that looked like matey from the professionals!

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2007, 09:35:25 pm »

"NEW MILTON SAND AND BALLAST"

That was summat I meant to ask you in the bar-on-the-boat!

Who gets the free ballast that gets dumped on the promenade at NM?

Is it free to the first tarmacker that arrives?
or does the council sell it to the first tarmacker that arrives?

Or does it all get dumped back on the gravel patch it splashes out of, by a geezer with a JCB?

New Milton IS the place with Beach Huts buried up to their roofs isnt it?

How IS the special project coming along? Lips Sealed

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2007, 12:02:19 am »

reply to Perdu and Catchpole.

New Milton, in all its Chavness does not have a beach, nor beach huts. Barton on sea (about 5 mins south) has a lovely 20mm+ shingle beach and beach huts where you can see the isle of wight in all its glory, rip tides to remove unwanted kids on under inflated lilos and a wonderful selection of seaweed to view around your feet when braving the icy chill. used condoms and sanitary towels can also be spotted on a clear day. Once in a while you will be lucky enough to see the contents of a local Lymington fishing boats bilge tanks/ toilet float past and you may be treated to them using the boats outside loo if near enough to shore for you to see (Benny Bardell you know what i mean!)
With regard to beach huts, not paid alot of attention, overpriced and full of wee smelling old ladies. I live in a hut in the woods so a waterside one is not needed as I dont have a boat or desire for one.

Serious now! how do I upload pics to here.... my scrap yard owning mate has the coolest princess on his truck ready for crushing. should be seen as it would make MB a better place if saved!!

Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2007, 12:23:53 am »

Oh dear.... it looks like me and Catchpole are neighbours! watch this space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2007, 12:58:55 am »

PERDU. My search for the Zil continues. Its gotta be the 7.7 big boy as my research shows parts are yank copies bar panels. will keep you posted. cant wait to have a week in russia car hunting!!!.... and 3 weeks welding when i get it back... and all the import bullshit.... and telling her that I bought it for her.... and getting insured.. " a what! sir" and putting fuel in it......
If my man plays his ace it wil still have diplomatic plates..... that will fox the frog police.... as will my Russian uniform and accent!!
Fox killed my pet cockerel today so am in mourning... and the semi auto is loaded with a 3" magnum no3 incase he comes back.... watching as i type this!!

wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2007, 11:06:15 pm »

Well.....my first car was a Beige Vauhall Viva ,which was my fathers cast off......It's yours son.All you have to do is get it through the MOT. £25 quid later and taking into account ,at that time I was only taking home £17.88 a week .....OUCH!!!!....I had a motor.It was great when I finally took off the 'L' plates and the world was mine.
Then a succsession of Dagenham dustbins MK2 Cortina,Mk3 Zephyr 4,Mk3 3 Cortina,Consul.....Then marriage and a Jensen Healey closely followed by a Triumph Stag which I owned for 22 years before selling to a tax exile who took it out to Ireland for restoration.

And of course a Spitfire,Beetle,Mini,Sierrra,Skoda Estelle,Skoda Rapid,Humber"Harry"Sceptre like VQDaves,Alfa GTV 2,5 V6. And of course " Mk1 Renault Espace's

I must admit I tend to live in the past and enjoy working on cars that can be repaired at the roadside and not on a ecu tester!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: