Club Arnage
September 27, 2024, 09:25:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CA Users/Members  (Read 6073 times)
Catchpole

Lets Go Racing

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2007, 10:41:37 am »

surely, it's not such a huge task, not all at one sitting, but say over the next year, do it in 15 minute bits, soon be done.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2007, 11:01:39 am »

I'm still not sure why myself.  If the fundraising committee sends out another newsletter at some point, will details of how to buy say, t-shirts, calendars etc, and we sell just a couple to "sleeping" members then it's worth keeping all of them if there's no down side.  In my marketing days, we paid good money for lists of people who "might" be interested in a product.  CA has a free list at its disposal and we know the people on it have some sort of genuine interest in what we're doing.  Seems pointless getting rid of any part of it if it a) takes time and boring work to dump the addresses and b) costs little or nothing to keep it.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Catchpole

Lets Go Racing

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007, 11:14:55 am »

looks like your mixing two sides of the coin here Deb's.  I can understand why some of the membership would like the members list to show a true and accurate figure.  If you need a mailing list, fine have a mailing list, but it doesn't represent the membership status.

one the forums i belong to every now and then a message goes out saying that as you haven't actively participated in the forum, ie log on, your name is being removed.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 11:19:10 am »

Yeah, but is it really worth Steve's time?
Deb  (or Debs,if you must, but why Deb's?  - sorry, I'm in mood this morning! Don't take it personally!)

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 07:50:27 pm »

Deb, when i produced the shirts a few years back, i had people's details on a list. I then re-sent the year later to tell them i was re-doing for the next year. Many asked if i could remove their address from my list, they didnt like the marketing approach.

Surely if people want it, and visit the site, they will buy it.

I'll happily delete some posts......

Take life by the horns and live it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: