Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 01:18:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lime Rock ALMS  (Read 3113 times)
badgered1
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2007, 01:04:46 pm »

I'm heading to Lime Rock, CT Thursday morning for the next round of the ALMS. Anybody else planning on going?

Sew on and sew on...

Sew on and sew forth.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 06:29:44 am »

I'm heading to Lime Rock, CT Thursday morning for the next round of the ALMS. Anybody else planning on going?

Sew on and sew on...
Enjoy Lime Rock. It's such a short track they keep coming back around so lots of action Roll Eyes
Canada Phil
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 02:06:38 pm »

Lime Rock is a nice track, I'll be enjoying the race on the tube though. Will head back to the States in October for Petit and Laguna Seca.
badgered1
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 03:05:54 pm »

I agree on Lime Rock being a short track. I wish they had made the extension before time ran out on the option. I first went to Lime Rock in 1967 with my Step Father who use to race there in the late 50's and early 60's. He raced the Whitmore Fitch jag that he bought from John Fitch. I talked to him back in the 80's and have a photo of him with the car. A lot of the people involved with the track in the beginning were friends of the family. But I really got hooked on sports car racing in 1965 when we trailered a Lotus 30 to Nassau for the Govenor's Trophy. A lot of big names went to that race racing and partying. Some things never change.

I am also looking forward to Petite Lemans in October. I've been on the Road Atlanta site and they list the track at being 2.54 miles in length. Is it as short as Lime Rock? Or did they not include the extension? I am thinking of driving to the track from Cape Cod in my Land Rover. Shocked

Sew on and sew on....
Chris

Sew on and sew forth.
badgered1
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 07:18:54 pm »

My bad. Lime Rock is 1.54 per lap. Embarrassed

Sew on and sew forth.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 11:21:33 pm »

Nice result for Porsche all around, the Penske brigade finishing one-two overall and LMP2, and the Flying Lizard crew finally taking the first Porsche GT2 win of the season.  Going to Mid-Ohio in a couple of weeks, any other CA'ers headed to Lexington?
Fax
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 11:18:33 am »

Interesting to see the interview with Skip Barber during the race.  Odd how increased amounts of high catch fencing were considered to be "improvements"! ECA.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: