Club Arnage
June 27, 2024, 10:58:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GIRLS on scooters ..what do you all think ??  (Read 7553 times)
andy a
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2007, 11:06:31 pm »

For the last 5 years we have taken petrol scooters with us to LM..... They have enabled us to get round the circuit, into Arnage for shopping and Mulsanne, trips that would have taken us an age on foot. We have had great fun with them, every time we set out it has been a mini adventure, not knowing what might happen while we were out. Breakdowns have been the norm. various component vibrating loose and even falling off !! running out of gas and having to tow people back.The mud this year was a real challenge....We have always been considerate to other people at LM,avoiding riding them round the grandstand areas and to other road users, where possible using cycle paths and  ALWAYS using lghts at night...... So i am a little concerned by some of the bad vibes I have got about them this year.  I am aware that they can make a bit of a racket, but LM is not a quiet place. We had loads of people ask us where to got them from, even wanted to buy them from us there and then....others tried to pull the pull starts as we were pushing them thro the walkways behind the grandstands..we had some plank try to kick one of the boys off.......There was no consistancy with the local police some of them would smile and wave us past, but the cops on bikes stopped us and told us to "GET OFF AND WALK  !! these are forbiden " ....So I would appriciate ANY and All  comments...... cos one thing I dont want to do is piss off anyone or spoil their LM experience.

Andy.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 11:43:48 pm by andy a » Logged
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 11:22:01 pm »

I dont have a problem with the scooters as such and can see they would be useful as a means of transport.. I do get a bit fed up of them when just being used to go round n round the campsite endlessly (the same would apply to cars just cruising round a campsite too but the scooters are a LOT noisier than most peopole's cars). 

Fortunately the bit of Bleu that I have been on for the last 2 years was just grass and not used as a roadway so no-one was cruising my manor.

I bring my pushbike, and apart from a bit of puffing (me) and rattling (the bike) its pretty much silent and a very effective means of transport, tho I do appreciate that it takes up more space than a scooter.

F
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 11:30:37 pm »

I agree with Fran - they are very intrusive when ridden around the campsite during the quieter times.  It seemed that we had a constant stream of them past where we were on MB where there are more tarmac roads than on Blue.  Having seen some parked by the toilets, I guess that half the time they were being used unneccessarily.

And shopping??.....how much beer/wine can you carry on one of those??

Del

Team Delboy Racing
andy a
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 11:31:18 pm »

cheers Fran...IF scooters  are still wellcome next year we will be fitting silencers ...
andy a
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 11:33:44 pm »

Del...we managed 2 packs of beer and a rucksack full cigs  Wink
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 11:45:14 pm »

We were on Expo, and had the experience of these racing, not only that a racing midget (not being rude) he was great to talk to. But it seemed all day that these were comming past.

Having ridden bikes, I would never get on these scooters/microbikes without decent clothing because you can get scarred for life. One guy streaked on one! So no protection there then.

Right where we camped there was a bend and we were thinking terrible thoughts while getting pi**ed one night of pouring some oil around the bend!!

Jerry

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 10:26:58 am »

I don't care about the noise but I find scooters and even pushbikes a real pain inside the circuit when it's crowded.  Don't these people have legs? I'm sick of being run over by people who seem to have forgotten how to walk.
Grumpy old woman.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 10:36:47 am »

hmm a bit dissapointed here, read the title of this thread and was expecting some nice photos of girls on scooters. Roll Eyes

MIKE C (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran

How f---ing fast was That!!! Time for a Low Flyer!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 10:52:49 am »

The worst are the a---holes who think MB is a race track for mini moto's. They race round with not a care for life or limb.   Angry

Roll on June and the lush grass of BN!!!
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 11:35:56 am »

I don't care about the noise but I find scooters and even pushbikes a real pain inside the circuit when it's crowded.  Don't these people have legs? I'm sick of being run over by people who seem to have forgotten how to walk.
Grumpy old woman.

I would imagine people actually walking along pushing a pushbike when its busy inside the ciruit must be even more annoying!!  Embarrassed
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 11:48:44 am »

The worst are the a---holes who think MB is a race track for mini moto's. They race round with not a care for life or limb.   Angry

What's really funny is that some of them clearly think they look cool when actually they look like complete nobs!  Grin 

It seemed better this year but I guess that was an effect of the weather.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 11:56:13 am »

Grumpy old woman.

I would imagine people actually walking along pushing a pushbike when its busy inside the ciruit must be even more annoying!!  Embarrassed
Grin  Oh, it's OK when my mates do it!!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
nickliv
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 11:58:26 am »

Having ridden bikes, I would never get on these scooters/microbikes without decent clothing because you can get scarred for life. One guy streaked on one! So no protection there then.

Jerry

I learnt an interesting statistic while working as a radiographer on the Isle Of Man.

At 30 mph, tarmac can wear away unprotected bone at 2 cm per second.

One guy was teasting a sidecar outfit in shorts and T shirt one day. The fairing came off, so did he, there was a lot of gravel in a bin in theatre that night.

I'll never forget the state of one French blokes ar5e after he fell off the pilion of a bike on the prom.
Wearing only a lurid green thong, he landed on a tram track, and had 2 parallel burns on his nipsy cushion, and a broken thumb. Broken thumbs are meant to be excrutiating. He said he didn't notice the thumb until he found he couldn't move it. Shocked
championaudi
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2007, 09:04:08 pm »

must admit i had same thoughts as mr vq,
so to cheer us both up

* amish-girls-scooters.jpg (100.86 KB, 630x409 - viewed 283 times.)
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2007, 10:09:46 pm »

I say champ, that's going a bit far dontcha know... Shocked

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: