Club Arnage
September 25, 2024, 01:17:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RAF Marham Charity Track Days - 1/2 September  (Read 13622 times)
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2007, 10:57:43 am »

Dear all,

RAF Marham has kindly invited CA members to take part in the next Charity Track Day weekend there, which will take place on 1st and 2nd September 2007.  It will use the same event format as recently - no bikes, bags of track time and a jolly good time on a challenging track (which will differ from the last layout to give some variety), all at a very reasonable price, with all proceeds going to Station Charities. 

Due to the popularity of the Marham events, spaces have been allocated in advance to those forums that have participated in the past - beyond that, the event needs no further advertising and will be fully subscribed - indeed, I have been asked to mention that it should not be published anywhere else, as the 12 forums invited will fill the event.  Based on past numbers attending from CA, the forum has been allocated 10 places on each day for participating cars.  I will coordinate the entrants from CA and will allocate on a first come, first served basis.  I need to provide RAF Marham with a final list by 20 July to enable details to be checked.   

The track uses a combination of the airfield's main runway and taxiways resulting in a track that is around 4 miles long consisting of wide, smooth tarmac and concrete with lots of safe run offs – There will be approx 1 mile of the main runway in use with many sweeping curves and chicanes along the taxiways.  The event will run from around 9am to 4pm on both days, split into 30-minute sessions. All the necessary facilities, such as toilets, catering, drinks, marshalling, medical and fire cover to support the event will be on hand, and RAF Marham’s gliding club will be operating for air experience flights.

You will need a helmet, normal seat belts as a minimum, and a fire extinguisher that will need to be secured in the car (that doesn't mean a plumbed in system).  Race suits are not needed, but the wearing of natural fibre clothing with arms and legs fully covered is recommended.  Cars must be road legal with a current MOT or, if a race vehicle, licensed for a current MSA series.   Note there are no noise restrictions.  Sharing the driving of a car is OK (i.e. alternating drivers between sessions) and drivers are allowed to carry one passenger, but they must also comply with regard to helmet, clothing etc and be over 16 years of age.  The entry fee is per car entered, not per driver but all drivers and passengers will need to sign a disclaimer.  Spectating is not possibile, although other individuals may come to assist someone who is driving - the reason for this is quite simple - the event insurance premiums and Health & Safety requirements go through the roof astronomically otherwise, so by restricting it to participants and assistants, it makes the event manageable, safer, more relaxed and enjoyable and importantly keeps the cost down to you.

The nature of the track surface means that stones can be an issue if you drive directly behind the car in front, particularly along the main straights; if you’re worried about this, then it is advisable to fit bonnet protection or drive accordingly (by not sitting behind people!).  The atmosphere and event is very relaxed and enjoyable.   The price is £60 per day or £100 for the weekend, with every penny going to charity.  No overnight accommodation is avaialble at RAF Marham itself, but there are plenty of hotels, B&Bs and a decent camp site nearby

If you are interested, then get your name down early and send me a PM with the details that are listed below - they will be held in the strictest of confidence, and please, please, remember that I need the Name address, tel no, date and place of birth, of everyone coming with you as well as yourself!

Name
Address
Tel No.
Date of Birth
Place of Birth
Passport No. (if possible)
Car make and model (and of any towing vehicle if you are trailering your car to the event)
Car registration
Sat/Sun or both

Once I have the list of who is going and I have sent it to Marham, the event information (including how to pay) will be sent out.  Payment should be made before the event.

RAF Marham is a front line operational air base and as such, operational commitments on that weekend could lead to the Track day being cancelled.  However, this is very unlikely but prior notice will be given and any money paid in advance would be fully reimbursed.

Remember, all the money raised goes to very worthwhile RAF and local charities supported by RAF Marham, all the best for now,

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 11:35:03 am »

Yes please,
You should now have all my details on a PM.

Thanks

Gary

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
rcutler
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 11:50:14 am »

I expect to be back, details to follow once I have called all the guys who attended last time.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 04:47:50 pm »

Dang nabbit, it clashes with Goodwood Revival!   Sad

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
peter2007

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 05:07:51 pm »

PLease count me and my cerbie in.  How do I send a pm?

Peter
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 12:21:23 am »

Dang nabbit, it clashes with Goodwood Revival!   Sad

Surprised that you are going, seeing how the FoS was so crap. 

Wink

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 01:19:24 am »

Should have my PM too by now thanks Mark

bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 09:35:40 am »

Ladies and Gents,

Confirmed attendance so far is:

Saturday: Nil
Sunday: Perdu, Garyfrogeye and BobT
Other possibles - awaiting details: Rick Cutler and Peter 2007

I know that other invited forums are over-subscribed and are running reserve lists so, in the interests of ensuring that this fund-raising event is fully subscribed, I do need details for any other CAers wishing to attend as soon as possible, as I will be offering any spare places back to the organisers.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 10:20:14 am »

Thanks Mark.  Having asked my usual crowd, the majority are going to the Goodwood Track Revival that weekend (and my car is still 'resting' in my garage).

Next time though .......

Steve East Anglian cobras

garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 10:26:02 am »

Fantastic, none of those new fangled modern jobbies Wink.
Now if you run the trach the oposite way round to earlier this year, I can wear out the left hand side of my mate Toby's tyres

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007, 12:44:27 pm »

Fantastic, none of those new fangled modern jobbies Wink.
Now if you run the trach the oposite way round to earlier this year, I can wear out the left hand side of my mate Toby's tyres

If not, then you could always take them off the rims and change the inside to the outside, so that the right hand side which would then become the left hand side... Wink unless of course they are modern new fangled uni-drectional rotational thingies......alternatively, the lack of tread on one side may give you the benefit of slicks until you get down to the canvas  Grin

MG Mark

garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 01:36:14 pm »

They are modern uni-directional ones
But I could swap them round and drive backwards. Now there's an idea Undecided

TobyAnscombe

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2007, 02:05:14 pm »

Hi Mark - I would love to come but I shall be somewhere around the "very big bridge" in the south of france....

Gary - you are more than welcome to the wheels and tyres as you might as well kill them off properly Grin

BTW, what happened to the new engine? have you got it yet?
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 02:30:46 pm »

Yes, it's sitting in the garage with oil in the cylinders to stop it from getting rusty.
I don't think Marham would be the best place to run it in. I'll just thrash the old engine and see if it survives.
Thanks for the offer of the tyres (again).

Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2007, 04:22:14 pm »

Damn, it clashes with my birthday, and many peoples plans to make me unfit to drive, when I would like a stab at this, even though it seems halfway to Denmark

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: