Club Arnage
October 07, 2024, 05:22:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Auction Continued - help/advise needed?  (Read 3395 times)
Queen Vic of the Melans
CA Veteran

Vicky

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2007, 01:44:33 pm »

Hi Guys, 

You may remember before the big event that JPC advetised that Justin Wilson would be sending things over from the US for the auction.  Sadly his parcel got lost and has only just arrived at my house today even though they were due to arrive last Monday in time for the trip over the water and for the auction. 

As far as I'm aware (I haven't seen myself) there are a pair of signed race gloves along with signed race boots Grin

I am thinking about putting a 7 day auction on eBay with all proceeds being sent to whoever is sorting out the money from the weekend (I don't know who that was in the end)?  Will that work or does anyone have any other ideas? 

I will of course put the link in CA and hope that we can raise another load of cash for some really great charities.  Hopefully this will also make up for the fact that due to really poor Le Mans time keeping I managed to miss this years auction all together???

Cheers Vicky
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 02:00:53 pm »

Shame you mist the Friday auction Vicky, you could have out bid my alcohol induced bids on the grandstand tickets (donated by the Man, himself Big H!), but as you say all for a great set of Charities.

As for the Justin Wilson goodies, why don’t you open it up for bids here on the forum, and then use any bid as the eBay reserve price (unless there is a bid considered by the committee as enough to avoid eBay), that way CA's get 1st bid.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 02:27:33 pm »

I may have imagined it but didn't the boots get auctioned anyway?  Huh
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 02:31:59 pm »

I may have imagined it but didn't the boots get auctioned anyway?  Huh
Yup Piglet, I remember this too. I am sure that somebody bid successfully for both items on the understanding that they would get them when they turned up.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Queen Vic of the Melans
CA Veteran

Vicky

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 02:35:31 pm »

ah ha!!!  i'll wait for confirmation from JPC - see what happens when I get stuck in Le Mans time...  I did try calling JPC to let him know that they'd arrived but he's at work and couldn't talk.  Maybe should have waited for confirmation before I posted.  Will let you know for sure when Mark confirms that they're sold.  Hope I've not paniced any of the winners  Grin xx
rcutler
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 04:27:32 pm »

Vicky, one of our crew infact won these in the auction as JPC would be happy to confirm. Tony had asked for me to collect the gloves and boots on his behalf. Let me know by phone if you want to either meet up or post them on to me.
Queen Vic of the Melans
CA Veteran

Vicky

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 05:34:46 pm »

Fantastic - that saves me a job then!!  I'm happy to post or we could meet up somewhere next week for a beer and to do the hand over?  Any idea what they went for in the end?
rcutler
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 06:13:12 pm »

If you want to meet up next week you will have to come over to Amsterdam  Grin. I am away on business for the whole week on expenses Grin.

I am about all day saturday and might be able to tie in visiting you with dropping off the Spyker Picture that I bought back for the winning bidder.

I am not sure how much the boots and gloves sold for.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: