Club Arnage
October 04, 2024, 03:22:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What I enjoyed at Le Mans  (Read 14624 times)
RS2 Babe
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2007, 01:01:06 am »

Kiss Kiss Kiss

Just got home after a very enjoyable day doing normal stuff at work (buying super yachts/ super cars and football players) - then I read some more posts about what people felt is all bad about Le Mans 2007 and decided to resurrect this thread.

Please can we have some more posts here!

And - another thing - has anybody seen my tent, double air mattress (used once Wink) wok, colander, big rice pan, party frock, one bottle of sweet chilli sauce (unopened), one bottle of Laurent Perrier Rose and one bottle of essential oils massage oil with ylang ylang and bergamot (opened, but only used once Wink)

Actually - it's all good - as I was camped next to great friends on MB (The Liverpool Boys, Mike C, Bill and Clive), they packed up for me when I could'nt ( Tongue) get back into the circuit on Monday morning before they had to leave.

You see we forget that this is what is great about Le Mans - a year goes by- then we all meet up and have fun and get to see some of the best cars in the World at the World's greatest endurance motor race.

A few numptys in RS Turbos (calling me a Northern Cxxnt) and others razzing about on scooters can't take that away from me or any or us (although the RS Turbo eejits did wreck my 2006 SMcQ Tshirt  Cry)

Please let's have some more fun stories and fun pics.

Lisa

Kiss Kiss Kiss

Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2007, 01:21:01 am »

Please let's have some more fun stories and fun pics.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I've had my moans quota for this year, although as always I enjoy my time at LM every year and always look forward to returning and start all over again.

My memories are recorded in the LM photos thread.

Jerry

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2007, 09:10:25 am »

TARTIFLETTE!

I tested negative for patience.
MIKE C (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran

How f---ing fast was That!!! Time for a Low Flyer!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2007, 09:57:17 am »

And - another thing - has anybody seen my tent, double air mattress (used once ) wok, colander, big rice pan, party frock, one bottle of sweet chilli sauce (unopened), one bottle of Laurent Perrier Rose and one bottle of essential oils massage oil with ylang ylang and bergamot (opened, but only used once )

Hi Lisa,
All your stuff is safe and dry in the back of the bus, waiting to be returned to you in 3 weeks. Little Miss C loves your tent, but wanted to know what the oil in the pocket inside was for,"waterproofing" I told her.

See ya soon
Mike

Roll on June and the lush grass of BN!!!
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2007, 10:59:20 am »

What did i enjoy, well all of it.
I enjoyed Le Mans 07 from mid June 06, just the looking forward to, the booking of bits, the Humber fettling, the nervousness of taking the Humber to the elation of making it there (and back) Humber unscathed bar the tyre, the camping, even the weather, the food, the drink the company the atmosphere, and i really do love the french commentary on the tannoys as i stroll around, especially at night on Arnage brings back thoughts of LM and Stevie McQ. I love all of it and 07 was another stella year. Granted some bloke walking into my tent Saturday night apprantely looking for Brian and waking me up (lucky i was there even if a little bemused) could have put a downer on it, looking baclk he was a theiving scrote who should have been administered a kicking but i was alseep and on my own and not very hard if truth be told......

But yes, LM 07 was GREAT, roll on 08, i am enjoying next year already!!!

redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2007, 01:11:32 pm »

Actually had my first go on one of those scoters (only for about 100 yrds) on MB on Sunday,

Good fun when you're on it, but I wouldn't like to take a fall at speed, (not without gloves anyway)

Also my first ride in an NSX, great car and gets lots of admiring looks.

another great year roll on 2008.........

Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2007, 04:02:55 pm »

A very good ressurect Lisa, thanks

Enjoy?

Every damned damp or windy blowey noisy day of it...

Every lovely anticipatory day and night of plotting and planning to get there all year after the shattered "arrive home at last" session...

Every single CA member I had the privelege to meet and admire in the distance (OK that was only the laydies) and the wonderful efforts of DfH, Brethren, JPC (What an auctioneer that man is!) and not forgetting all our HA folks too. SB et al, Martini and our welcome visitors "en-camp" (Come any time Fran)

Termies' fantastic organising for St Sat

Blooming all of it

And lets do it all again next year, huh?

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2007, 08:53:42 pm »

Credit c

And lets do it all again next year, huh?

We can do it twice next year, don't forget the Classic.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 06:49:36 pm by Barry » Logged
Dobbo
CA Veteran

They've rebadged it you fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2007, 02:13:22 pm »

It was a great year for us as well! Some of it is a blur because we went to the Nurburgring the weekend before (that place really is something else) so by the time we got to Le Mans we already had 4 nights of drinking and sleep deprivation under our belts! Took a lot of care to avoid the crowds and tos*ers this year. As usual took a drive out on the Wednesday whilst the roads were quiet and made it to Mulsanne for the qualifying. The camping looked very civilised up there (I have some pictures for the 2008 guide). The day was bettered as a mate who works for LNT got us pit passes and gave us a quick tour round the garage. Nice to see how the other side live! The highlight of the trip was having my old man and his mate join me for the race. He has opted out of Le Mans since 2001 after many a trip in the past. We had the tent pitched for them so they only had to turn up and enjoy it for which they were very grateful! Took in most of the General Enclosure during the first few hours (quite like the new set up at Tertre Rouge and very glad to see a big screen down there). At about 10 pm we drove out to Hotel Arbor, it was very easy to get to traffic wise and totally worth the effort. 10 Euros for parking, beer and sandwich  Grin It was a 50 yard stroll to the Mulsanne's second chicane. The floodlit view was spectacular but the best thing was there was only about 15 or 20 other people there! If you remember, the weather was decent on Sat night, this made for a very tranquil couple of hours spectating  Grin Took a drive out to Arnage on Saturday morning about 7.30 (great time to avoid the crowds). Delighted to see the ACO had erected a big screen up near Indianapolis as well. Have to say that all in all the race was a bit disappointing as a competition but the weather played a big part in that. Just about managed to stay dry whilst packing up. Trip was finished off at a hotel just south of rouen. Fantastic food and wine and the grand prix highlights on the telly. Perfect! Already under way with the planning for 2008.
RS2 Babe
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2007, 12:02:33 am »

Kiss Kiss Kiss

Any more lovely LOVELY tales to tell about LM2007

I mean unless you start - I might have to give my own personal story  Embarrassed

Lisa
 Kiss Kiss
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2007, 12:09:26 am »

Kiss Kiss Kiss

Any more lovely LOVELY tales to tell about LM2007

I mean unless you start - I might have to give my own personal story  Embarrassed

Lisa
 Kiss Kiss

Will it have pink wellies in it?

I think you really ought to

after all, we'm only human and you have started, so you must finish...

Wink

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: