Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 07:19:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So who got done for speeding this year?  (Read 16276 times)
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 01:40:57 pm »

The French Dick Turpins tried to get me Monday morning on the N138 as I was over taking anything less than 70mph on the single carriageways, not really caning it but well over the speed limit.
I got the early messages from lorry drivers or other bikers coming in the opposite direction.
Just luck of the draw.

Andy
Redwing

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 02:12:39 pm »

Just on that stretch where we got bored and opened the old girl up, there they were, three of the little bu**ers, standing on to of the bridge. Try as they might they couldn't get their nasty little contraption to bounce a signal of the car!   So the motto of the story is.....if you want to appear like a stealth bomber to their radar...buy a Countach! Grin
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 03:05:14 pm »

Did hear a story about a chap who got his licence taken off him last year for speeding and was not allowed to hire a car this year when he flew into Tours as there was a record of it on their computer.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
TobyAnscombe

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 03:23:13 pm »

Same as Andy; our rather nice French hosts giving lots of flashes to warn me of the hidden cost to driving in France....

Did get flashed last year in Rouen but no ticket....

Tis amazing on the quality of the roads though, I am about an hour from the chunnel and the amount of dicks who cannot drive or even do simple lane control amazes me every year; it is always a pleasure to drive on the A or N roads in France (towns exepted!)

Bellend
CA Veteran

Octy owner, watch out!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 09:43:02 pm »

N138 (north of Alencon - just outside Sees), 11.15am.
There was a 355 captured in there too!
One bloke in a TVR got 1500€ fine, christ knows what speed he was doing.

I passed a 355 that had been pulled,was that you sat in the van filling out forms just after the short stretch of dual cariageway?

Me 'n a mate were pinged just up the road by an unmarked car with a laser, €135 each and a world of pisstaking from my dad, regardless of his fatherly advice I still maintain that it is infact both big and clever.
Dave

Yup, twas I!
Strange you mention the unmarked car, I saw those "feckers" while in the stockade, no doubt talking about the size of the Christmas fund kitty!!!!

Anybody know what happens on the confiscated licence front?
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 10:34:12 pm »

[/quote]
Yes, they took his licence as well, said they would post it back. I think he expects it to be a week or so!?

>Martini...
[/quote]

Not a chance. Like I mentioned above, he'll be lucky to see it for three months minimum.
Bellend
CA Veteran

Octy owner, watch out!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2007, 10:54:05 pm »

So what happens if "one" gets a producer?
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2007, 01:43:53 am »

A copper was about to pull me over near Paris as I entered the orange "T" lane and saw the 2 metre warning sign too late. Had to pull over to the truck lane to get through the Peage section. The look on the face of the copper was kinda surprised as I went through with my Dutch van, but still had the "tele peage"-thingy behind the windshield Grin

Never got pulled for speeding going to Le Mans, but then again I've always been either by lorry or overweighted trailer Undecided

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Big G

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2007, 11:17:18 am »

Would have loved the oportunity to get pulled however our 17 seater minibus was limited to 100kph. Added over an hour to our journey time of last year when we had a taco and could do the 130kph allowed.  Sad
Bellend
CA Veteran

Octy owner, watch out!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2007, 09:09:01 pm »

Don't tell me you dunno how to dissable a limiter  Huh??

Anyone know the "penalty" structure for speeding ,,,, 10kph over €? 20kph over ,,,, €?
When is one Banned  from driving in France, for how long and how much over the limit?
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2007, 11:35:46 pm »

Saw a few skulking filth on the wednesday morning near Argentan and Alencon but due to being in a diesel VW caddy and in convoy with a seriously overladen Midget (Perdu!) we escaped. Not a swine in site on monday after lunch but as I was laden with our 2 new found American friends, not alot of scope for limit breaking was available!

Who holds the public road speed record from the ferry to Le Mans??? Have seen a vid from 2000 ish of some dude in a diabolo with 212 mph on the speedo, lose 10% accuracy... thats still gotta be up there!

Any contenders??

Pig-Pen

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2007, 09:28:24 am »

Travelling back on the Monday afternoon, on non-peage roads, and I didn't see one policeman.

As a group we were not travelling as quick as I might have been on my own, but still made quick progress.

Rather enjoyed the drive there and back as it seemed we were not on the preferred quick routes at the most populated times.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Big G

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2007, 09:39:47 am »

Don't tell me you dunno how to dissable a limiter  Huh??

Anyone know the "penalty" structure for speeding ,,,, 10kph over €? 20kph over ,,,, €?
When is one Banned  from driving in France, for how long and how much over the limit?

Oh we tried, however it was getting to the stage where we were seriously worried about the thing running at all if we tried anything else.  Huh
Bellend
CA Veteran

Octy owner, watch out!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2007, 07:35:36 pm »

Travelling back on the Monday afternoon, on non-peage roads, and I didn't see one policeman.

Probally because they were all on a jolly celebrating the amount of €uros they collected in the morning for the Christmas drink fund!  Angry
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2007, 01:04:06 am »

Saw a few skulking filth on the wednesday morning near Argentan and Alencon but due to being in a diesel VW caddy and in convoy with a seriously overladen Midget (Perdu!) we escaped. Not a swine in site on monday after lunch but as I was laden with our 2 new found American friends, not alot of scope for limit breaking was available!

Who holds the public road speed record from the ferry to Le Mans??? Have seen a vid from 2000 ish of some dude in a diabolo with 212 mph on the speedo, lose 10% accuracy... thats still gotta be up there!

Any contenders??

Pig-Pen

I'm glad you didnt make out that she were a seriously underpowered Midget milord! Grin

Great meeting up with you and Andy this year

(despite the "getting worserer threads" LM just gets better and better for me!)

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: