Club Arnage
July 05, 2024, 07:17:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Campsite Theft - BE AWARE !!!  (Read 31633 times)
RoverMan

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2007, 11:55:47 am »

From the Border and Immigration web site:-

What travel documents do you accept at passport control?

Your document must be valid and issued by a recognised Government or Authority. The most common examples of travel documents we accept are:

national passports; or
      1951 Convention travel documents for refugees.

We also accept national identity cards for citizens of the European Economic Area.

Of course, we don't have National Identity cards so UK citizens still in theory have to produce a passport, but I was told (by Eurotunnel) that any valid photo ID is sufficient. Not sure I would want to risk it again, we got away with it last time (our first question to the forgetful memeber is Passport Pete??).
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2007, 12:00:52 pm »

On a point of detail, we are now in the EU so don't in theory need a Passport to travel between countries!

I don't think that's the full truth. Border controls in the EU have been widely stopped, at least between the countries which signed the Schengen agreement. But if they control you at the border (there are still occasional checks) , they can still insist on some ID and can refuse entry if you do not have an ID-card

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Mezza

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2007, 12:41:59 pm »

Werner's right... EU does not require a passport but does require a valid ID. As to valid ID it is not driving licence or your buscard  Grin
It actually is Identity Card that UK doesn't have, so what poor UK people must do is keep carrying their passport around :/
I also have to say that I guess UK is the only country where I've been where people actually think credit card can prove your ID, everywhere else you would need an ID to prove that credit card is yours  Grin
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2007, 03:44:36 pm »

Reading through al these teft stories, I realize that we got extremely lucky this year. Liverpool boys were opposite the road (as usual) from us and they got hit 4 times. I don't think the fencing made any difference, there was a firelane running through our camp and the tents were all obscured from view and readily accesable from the back. So any thief would have had ample opertunity to ransack our tents. Why they did not, I don't know. Maybe because safety is in numbers. Always someone awake in our group. For next year, I will bring my aluminum baseball bat to lemans, just in case we catch one. We can beat him till within an inch of his life and then tie him up on one of the big lampposts.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2007, 03:53:45 pm »

Reading through al these teft stories, I realize that we got extremely lucky this year.

Maybe they know you and your avatar...  Grin

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Maximum

Mad Max DFH

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2007, 07:06:06 pm »

They have seen Roy in dress on thursday and run away.

Too scared to come back

Live life to the Max
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2007, 08:56:48 pm »

After catching a Pikie last year and handing over to security only to hear the he wouldnt be turned over to the Police as they werent interested, we had a plan of stripping them off, "cuffing" them with gaffer tape and writing THEIF across their forehead (other inacessable parts of their body, such as the middle of their back) in Permanant marker pen and then tying them to a post at the entrance fencing. Injuries sustained in this operation would have been purley accidental, as would have any further physical abuse dished out by other campers going past  Wink 
RoverMan

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2007, 08:39:51 am »

Just make sure if you write anything on them you spell it correctly!!

THIEF would be better!!

Grin Grin

Grammar  police
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2007, 06:42:36 pm »

...... But they adviced him next time not to use a cricket bat, but to get a big mag lite - just as effective and legal to carry. - I think

A police friend normally advises people to keep an unused roll of wallpaper 'close to hand' at home in case of a break in - surprising heavy and solid when used as a baton.

Many years ago I worked as a door to door cash collector for an insurance company. For protection I carried a rounders bat with me.

One night I was stoppped and questioned by the Police as to what I was doing. Having accepted my explanation, they saw my rounders bat inside my jacket and asked if I had a tennis ball with me, which of course I didn't. So they advised me to carry one.

Their words were "A rounders bat on it's own is an offensive weapon and could bring your intentions into question, a rounders bat with a ball is a piece of sporting equipment which we would be happy for you to carry at all times!!"  Wink
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2007, 08:55:10 pm »

good advice Cheesy
nickliv
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2007, 12:34:41 am »

I have a friend who is a policeman, when he is away on nights etc. his wife has a mop handle under her bed, but the last 18 inches is painted matt lack, so in the event of her having to swing it in anger, the intruder wouldn't see the black bit in the dark, and would move out of the way of the bit he could see.

I am a climber, so have many sharp pointy things under the bed, although I find a 'Tony Martin lives here' sign on the gate to work extremely well.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: