Club Arnage
July 05, 2024, 09:56:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We're back!  (Read 16030 times)
rcutler
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 11:38:43 am »

Back last night about 1am, Completely worn out! Thanks to the DfH guys for one of the best trips ever, despite the rain!

Agree Piglet that the people with the truck were not the type of people I want to see at LM and neither were the two people with the RS Focus. The one with the number plate RF 04 RS or similar was being an absolute d**khead on Sunday doing wheel spins in the rain on MB. Aparrently he was also spotted firing fireworks at the track during qualifing!

One sad loss this year was our flying goose. Stolen on Friday night!
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 11:45:31 am »

We're back, and survived!

I'd like to thank all of the DfH-group for being there. It's not just Paddy, Roy, me or someone else who pulls this off, it is the group together. I wouldn't wanna go to Le Mans with another bunch.

Also I'd like to thank all people who attended the auction, and helped raising a air amount of money for charitiy. Really means a lot to me. As for the pony tail, it will be back!

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 01:23:02 pm »

Back safe last night at 11.30pm. Absolutly LeManed.
Good to meet Perdu, bill and Rex of the Brethren on the Boat over to LeHarve.
Thank you to DFH and the Liverpool boys wet welcome, hot & sweaty after the hot ride down, drunk in an Hour.

Many thanks for everyones hospitality, Liverpools boys, JPC, The Brethren, Rick Cutler and a hugh one goes to DFH. Not forgetting all the friendship and glass bottle shared by all.

It was good to see the LM family again, and hope to hear of a few post LM bashes being organised.

Andy
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 01:29:37 pm »

Back at 3.30 yesterday afternoon too knackered to even log on!
9 of us this year and with all the gear that the lads brought we really went club class. Massive thanks to Dark Warrior and his team for the loan of two sides for our gazebo - without them we would have been even more drenched. Nice to hook up with Canada Phil (I've got you on video Phil - keep smilin') and thanks for the warm welcome from the Geordies on Tour Team - what a crew, see you at Donington.
We didn't have any problems with nicking but we did chase off a couple of young French lads on Sunday morning who were using their camera phones to take photos of our pitch. Sorry to hear about all those who had major grief in this respect. All in all our neighbours (MB zone C) were a restrained crowd of race fans who enjoyed a good booze up but who knew when to stop.
My view overall: very disappointing weather, intriguing race in the circumstances, got home too tired to speak.

I have to say that the long drive both to and from the race from North Lincolnshire was, 13 years ago a hoot but I think I'm getting a bit old for the hassle. We've been trying to think of a different way of doing it. Does anyone know if any of the residents of Arnage hire out homes?

Steve

I tested negative for patience.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 03:20:49 pm »

Arrived home Monday afternoon, tired and wet but otherwise undamaged.

A big thanks to Martini for the duck tape and the nicknames! good to be next to you as usual, sorry to hear about the problems getting out the track, we did pretty well and were drinking a cold beer at our hotel by 5.30pm.

Pretty sure I will give next years race a miss, but intend to do the classic instead.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Queen Vic of the Melans
CA Veteran

Vicky

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 03:41:38 pm »

The four of us arrived back in Southampton at around 10.30pm last night...  Rowena got back to Leicester at about 3am after stopping for a nap in the services.  All over for another year  Cry although it was actually more of a relief than I'd anticipated to get home and into my own bed.  I think everyone did so well coping with the bad weather (and other sh*t that was thrown at them).  Fortunately we avoided being a victim of the theft that went on and I symathise with anyone who had anything stolen.  We've decided that if the four of us can cope with this years boggy conditions then we can cope with anything Le Mans can throw at us.    

I've only just snapped out of the daze I was in, so thought it was about time to log on and say a few thank yous!  

A big thanks as always to Team JPC, DfH, Team Zarse and especially our friendly neighbours The Brethran!  To everyone else that we met and whose names I've not mentioned, thank you to you too!!!  It was a shame that the camps were so spread out and I hope in future years not to have a similar hike to either our Le Mans friends or the toilets/showers.  You are all great people and without you our weekend would have been truely miserable!!!!  I hope that we can get together later in the year to talk about all the fun that was had.  

Does anyone got any pitcures to load up yet?  I've got trouble with getting on the web at home but will try again tonight and hopefully get them on here or another picture site.

Take care of yourselves and I look forward to having a few laughs over the next couple of weeks as the stories and pitcures roll in!!!  

Vicky - Kate, Hayley and Rowena!

elanman
CA Veteran

Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2007, 05:29:56 pm »

Got back yesterday and this is first chance to post some important thanks.  Firstly to all who attended and made Le Mans what is has always been, bl**dy good fun.  The actions of a minority may well be a (growing?) problem  but the vast majority of people there seemed to have the same good natured and friendly approach that I have grown used to at Le Mans, like minded people having a good time.  More specifically thank you to Piglet and Keith for the invitation to the Wedding (PartII) on Thursday, a thoroughly enjoyable evening and an especial thanks to the DFH crew for both hosting this and for the awesome Friday night party absolute highlights of the week, Vinnies Vice were excellent and he can't half play that guitar a bit!  Finally to the crowd I usually go to Le Mans with MGMark, Nick, Rich etc good company all as ever, same time same place next year?!

nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2007, 06:08:58 pm »

My body got back early this morning at 1.00am,

My mind is still lost on the way back, expect to get some sense later in the week (if I ever had any).

Thanks to everyone I met, big Thanks to the Whole mad DFH group, when you guys party ............... well, to  JPC gang, To Barry & Andy (got some Duck as recomended by Barry), to Liverpool boys & Stuart - sorry about your stuff that got nicked (watch towers and flame throws next time -BBQ time!)) To Smokie, Gab & Canada Phil and their half way house back to our encampment. To Piglet & Keith hope you had a safe trip back to Bristol, And to all at Wishy campsite, good guys, good drinks, good food - (But Tony next time you cook a chille, you do not need to you use the whole jar of chillies Shocked, but at least it was a good excuse to drink)

And to anybody else who I have forgot to say thanks to. CHEERS.....

Hope everyone got back safe

If you're going through hell, keep going.
kenton

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2007, 06:19:47 pm »

thanks all for a great week got back 06.30 monday after nearly overheating in the traffic. stuck the heating on full to keep it cool enough. glad mark and lads got back ok just gutted i didnt hear anything. The whole thing was better than my expectation,dhf was amazing what an effort, i feel i was under equpped! once again thanks for showing us around and hospitality. Wink
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2007, 06:44:05 pm »

All Zarses safely home with the usual mix of weariness, emotions, memories and diseases. We have to give a vote of thanks to so many people it's impossible to name here and now as I'm trying to catch up on work etc but they probably know who they are, so thanks to all. There'll be something a bit more substantial with our memories, comments and photos later in the week. Oh, and for those who are so minded, the 2008 Commer stats will be in the Modern Replacement thread in due course.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2007, 07:25:46 pm »

I look forward to having a few laughs over the next couple of weeks as the stories and pitcures roll in!!! 

Vicky - Kate, Hayley and Rowena!

I've just had Bill and Clive over for a few beers and I understand there was a fair bit off fun on Sunday evening with a roll of gaffer tape with Rex, Clive and Jim. Good girl !!

Rusty

The Brethren Rock
Queen Vic of the Melans
CA Veteran

Vicky

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2007, 08:55:59 pm »

Yes it was very amusing!  I don't think Pigpen has any hair left on him bum...  They got their payback though by taping me in my tent so I couldn't get out!  So much for a quiet Sunday!?
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2007, 11:53:13 pm »

Yes it was very amusing!  I don't think Pigpen has any hair left on him bum...  They got their payback though by taping me in my tent so I couldn't get out!  So much for a quiet Sunday!?

Good work by all then ! Sad to have missed it.

The Brethren Rock
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2007, 12:07:31 am »

rolled Back home at midnight yesterday (about an hour later than expected).

Another great weekend and it was only slightly dampened on Sunday afternoon.

However Monday made up for it and I'm now back to red (on the head at least).

thanks to the DFH crew and Team JPC.

vettefan

Laguna Seca '05

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2007, 05:38:58 am »

After the race we went back to hospitality and had dinner and a few beers.  Then back to the hotel and off to a great bar in Le Mans called Mulligans with a good part of the team (Corvette Racing for those of you who don't know me).  Met members of Luc Alphand, very nice guys despite the problem communicating.  Members of Aston Martin, PSI and Risi were there (there were other but I don't remember at the moment).   
Up early yesteray for the train to Paris.  Finally got home after 9 hours on the plane and Monday evening traffic around 6PM EST, I guess around 11PM in England.  Unpacked, made dinner and forced ourselves to stay awake until 9. 
Felt a bit foggy off and on today but not as bad as going over.
Wow, my first Le Mans.  I'm still trying to process it all. 
I'm sorry it didn't make it to the DfH party, we went back to the hotel early in preparation for the race.  I made it to the Poo Bar and had a great time. 
I slept in the #64 garage for a few hours overnite.  It was loud and I froze my butt off.  What an experience! 
Wow, what a crazy 5 days.
Tired, going to sleep.  Leaving for a race tomorrow.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: