Club Arnage
July 05, 2024, 09:40:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We're back!  (Read 16025 times)
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2007, 10:48:30 am »

Back safe and sound at 0100 today after a pretty good, if wet, run back.  Plenty of gendarmes lurking for much of the way to Calais, and the M25 roadwroks were unhelpful to say the least, but the MGA performed valiantly throughout the week as usual.  Hope that everyone else got back safe and sound.

Not exactly a vintage year for us, involving visiting the Commisariat de Police on Sunday(explanantion on another thread), but looking forward to another great year of banter on the forum and to the 2008 race!

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 11:25:38 am »

Back home since yesterday evening, still very tired of the week, but it was worth it again! Great meeting everybody, many familiar faces and some new ones. Despite the weather, a great and memorable week, thanks to everyone involved!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 11:36:00 am »

Fell asleep in front of the GP yesterday evening and just woken up.  In spite of the sogginess, we still know how to have a stonking time.  Thanks for your company, guys and gals. Smiley

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 11:38:11 am »

Back around 11:15 last night with no more flashes from speeding cameras  angel. Just waiting now to see if the other 3 materialise (esp one where I was at 150 Kph in a 70kph zone...). A TVR overtook me at a crazy spot on the country roads but he was pulled about 10 miles later.

A great week despite the weather. And yes, I left about 90 mins before the end but it took well over an hour to get to Le Mans outskirts so I parked up and listened to the end on 91.2. What a race. And I thought Radio Le Mans were very good this year...

Just about to go an unpack the car

Anyone know when the race or highlights are on the box? EDIT: Just found 5 hour Le Mans program on Thursday 13:00 on Motors. It's repeated a few times...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 12:10:36 pm by smokie » Logged
championaudi
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 11:41:07 am »

Cheesy just back home too,dispite george & mildeds (coach driver & assistant,wife)attemps to get lost AGAIN
 on way back to ferry (we were so far lost they suggested we head back to Le Mans to find where the other coaches were going) didnt fink to ask um as we queued up wainting to get out of coach park!!!
nevermind, we had a chuckle (on the CORRECT ferry)  
will raise a duty free glass to all those me met on saturday night
cheers
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 11:46:48 am »

Hi all, got back ok after a very wet trip back, it would seem the rain clouds followed me down and back, unfortunately got captured just outside Caen, my excuse that I was too busy concentrating on trying to see through the spray did not cut it with the boys in blue.....90 euros later I was back on my way at a reduced pace  Cry

I was nice to meet a few CA guys, sconefinger and his bunch of monkeys and the guys on HA, Steve B, Perdu, Bob U (did not get a chance to buy you a cold one Bob....will rectify that next year!) and Fran.

As for the race it was a shame that the 63 Vette packed up I'm sure that the Astons would have had a harder fight on their hands.
Pity about the weather too ....all that mud at Arnage virage I nearly lost my merguez frits as I was sliding down the bank at 3 30am lol, and another thing was it me or were there more of the football shirt brigade this year?

hope all you guys get home ok , see you next year (only another 364 days) Cry

been there done that doing it again !
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 12:21:52 pm »

Got home at 7.30pm last night.

Left circuit at 2pm to "miss the traffic". Got about 5km away from Le Mans heading for Rennes before I realised that I don't know the way to Rennes (was currently heading towards Angers) so turned round straight into a lovely traffic jam on the N23. Stuck in very slow moving traffic until 3.30pm when I finally hit the A11 and now faced with a 100 mile drive to make the airport check-in time of 5.15pm

Road was clear from then on and made really good time, coming up to Rennes just before 5pm before realising again that I now don't know where the airport is. Driving through Rennes in a mad panic, generally ignoring traffic lights, minor collision with mercedes until suddenly a sign for the airport appeared - in the middle of the town. Why is it not possible to have signs further out?

Finally made it at 5.30 and check-in was still open, didn't have time to find a garage though so no doubt I'll get stung for the diesel.

Note to self - Get a map!!!!!!!!

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 03:41:35 pm »

Got back home last night after a wet and half sleepy drive, just to realize, I did not have any keys on me. Stayed with a friend untill girlfriend picked me up. Left at about 1 pm, home at about 7.30 pm. Missed the downpoor completely, thank god, hope the rest of the guys were not to soaked.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Gordonwr
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 07:42:32 pm »

6am this morning got back to Chester, should have been about 4am but had to stop for a kip!!
Big thanks to all, especially Dfh and Paddy for a great Friday night. Also a massive well done to Big H, he looked a bit knacked when he got off at the finish but raised a lot of cash! Any idea of the final total?
Time to start thinking about next year I guess!!

Always go into a corner too fast, in case it turns out to be a quick one!
il Cavallino

Drinking for Holland

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 08:47:28 pm »

Just got back to Rotterdam half an hour ago. Must say this was again one of the best holidays ever. Did manage to be there all days although it took me quite the detour on the way back to be there on sunday. But it was all worth it. I hope to see you all soon at Spa, Nurburgring or Silverstone. Thanks to everyone for a great week and don't forget to Keep Drinking.

Drinking for Holland
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 09:10:18 pm »

Glad you made it back OK after the hassle with the thefts.

We left the campsite yesterday about 17:00, well, I guess a more accurate description would be that we 'floated out' of the campsite ....  Roll Eyes Couldn't stand any more bad weather, Sunday's flooding being the last straw. Took the last minute decision to 'turn right' out of KN and head down the Mulsanne towards J24 of the A28 and kept going south, seemed less rain that way. Ended up half way between Bordeaux and Cognac (so good for keeping the alcohol levels up) and enjoying the sun until heading back to Blighty next Sunday

Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 10:02:49 am »

All arrived home yesterday evening after a fine evening in Honfleur with Team Zarse on Sunday and lunch in Le Touquet yesterday.

Poor old Bill, Perry, Mark, Chris and Chelsea had a torrid ride back on Sunday in all that rain. I was impressed with the lady cafe owner who wasn't bothered by Bill stripping off in one cafe to wring out his clothing.

A huge thanks as usual goes to the incredible hospitality shown by Paddy and the DfH gang on Friday night. The bar was particularly impressive this year. Well done to all those who joined in the fun with the Chili Challenge and particularly Doug who got himself into all sorts of bother, you aren't supposed to rub it all over you face you twat.

Shame about all the rain, but it didn't seem to spoil anyones fun. Getting the van out of the boggy campsite also proved to be a relative breeze as we were expecting to have to tow that muther out.

Great to meet up with so many familiar faces again right through the weekend, far far too many to mention.

Roll on next year. But I'm sure there will be occassion to hook up again well before that.

Off to Donnington this weekend for the Moto GP. If anyone is up there and wants to grab a beer, PM me and we'll see if we can meet up.

Rusty and the Brethren

The Brethren Rock
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 10:16:34 am »

All of Team KGB returned safey by 21:30 yesterday.   

Thank You to DfH for the hospilatality shown to all.  Also thank you Piglet & KeithK for the invitation to your Wedding.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 10:23:13 am »

Well leaving was fun... took 5 hours to do a 1hour 50min trip, static traffic and road diversions seem to exhaust my Navman, and then a crap meal in Nantes. Arrived back in Guernsey 10pm Monday.

See you in Spa.

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 11:30:08 am »

Well...we're back too & what a year!   

The first place to start is with a huge thank you to DfH and everyone for The Wedding (part II) on Thursday night, it was immense!  I'm not know for displays of emotion but you nearly had me in tears as you drove us into your pitch.  Thank you, thank you and thank you again, you are all fantastic and I'm proud to count you all as friends. The memories will last for ever - hopefully along with the video footage that James took - haven't had chance to look at it but more to follow no doubt!  Special thanks of course go to the Gimp  Grin

We didn't see much of the DfH party on Friday night, the combination of the weather, having to work (instead of sit in a tent drinking beer) and the over indulgence of Thursday night led to an early night for us.  Vinny's Vice were great, hopefully I've got a bit of footage of them - I gather I missed our own band though. 

Trevor and Sean from Canada were very welcome newbies, they were fab company and helped out with food etc when Keith and I both had to work, thanks for pitching in guys - sorry about the weather, you really will have to come again to see it all in a better light  Grin  Hope you get back to Calgary OK in another week or so. 

James and Jordan were also fab, they helped out with pitching and depitching the campsite and were great company - it's been a tough year for the lads but they really added something to our trip, guys your Dad would have been proud of you and I'm really sorry I didn't get to meet him.  I think with James, Jordan and Mark's lads we do know that the future of Club Arnage and the LM we all know and love is in safe hands despite the increasing number of "football hooligan" Brits that increasingly populate the place! 

Other highspots - the DfH auction, well done to all who put their hands in their pockets and to Marius for losing his pony tail and whichever one of the Liverpool boys gave up his tash! (sorry - too much beer by then!).   

The other big positive was the feeling of "coming home" that I get from LM and all of you. We should all be really proud of this place and the camaraderie and spirit that comes out of it, the wish to give something back by giving to charity and looking after those who come as strangers and go home as friends.   [smokie mode] I looooveee yoouuuu alllllll [/smokie mode]  Grin

Negatives?  The big negative that came really close to spoiling the trip for me were the dickheads on MB with the truck.  Shan't name them but if you are reading this you really are a bunch of w*nkers.  We don't all want to hear your music at full blast at 4am and 5am all week along with revving bike engines.  Apparently their power cables got cut a couple of times during the week - I don't normally advocate criminal damage but someone deserves a medal.  I went over to them at 3am on the Wednesday morning, they were refusing to turn the music off for security and told me "we're on holiday we can do what the f*** we want" Roll Eyes.  Charming folks who were mainly more than old enough to have known better - I can only imagine how their children behave.  If you want to blow the LM experience for everyone, keep going the way you are and you'll succeed pretty quickly.

Other negatives - the amount of theft and the ballsiness of it - Mark's lads seem to have done all they could and still got done.  A number of the caravans along by us got done on Saturday night/Sunday morning, mainly whilst there was someone either in them or alongside them.  Sean seems to have saved us, he was dozing in the gazebo in the dark listening to the cars and the radio on Saturday night when someone wandered in, took one look at him and went off again. 

I can't think of much more and I'm trying to pretend that I am capable of working! 
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: