Club Arnage
October 07, 2024, 01:21:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's almost like Le Mans never happened.  (Read 3372 times)
nickliv
« on: June 17, 2007, 08:07:16 pm »

Never mind the fantastic result for Shorty et al and the British Rollcentre team, the LMP1 win for Aston Martin, or the 250,000 + spectators, 90,000+ of whom are british, there's almost nothing about LM 07 on the TV teletext or 'mainstream' news websites. Huh

Still, keeping it a bit of a secret makes it all the more special for those in the know.

I thought the pug was going to flake out towards the end, next year (If this year's anything to go by) should be rather good too.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 11:38:34 am »

M. Bourdais and M. Narac, that Pug and the great Henri P all over the tv and papers here!  This lot appreciate their heros, that's for sure.  I guess Lewis killed the thing in the UK? 

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 01:46:08 pm »

..... the LMP1 win for Aston Martin .....

Urm .... have I missed something here, could have sworn that was Audi ....? Agree with Termietermite, lots of coverage in France. After the torrential rain of the weekend we took the opportunity to turn right instead of left coming out the circuoit and headed down to Bordeaux for the week chasing some sun ..... beautiful today, such a change from the weekend.
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 02:37:38 pm »

It made it to most of the newspapers here, including pictures of Jan Lammers, since he competed for the 20-th time. Even showing a huge picture of DFH carrying mister Le Mans on our shoulders in the sports section.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
nickliv
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 02:49:52 pm »

..... the LMP1 win for Aston Martin .....

Urm .... have I missed something here, could have sworn that was Audi ....? Agree with Termietermite, lots of coverage in France. After the torrential rain of the weekend we took the opportunity to turn right instead of left coming out the circuoit and headed down to Bordeaux for the week chasing some sun ..... beautiful today, such a change from the weekend.

GT1, I meant GT1.

My mistake, but I was in a 'riled' state of mind.
il Cavallino

Drinking for Holland

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 03:14:35 pm »

It made it to most of the newspapers here, including pictures of Jan Lammers, since he competed for the 20-th time. Even showing a huge picture of DFH carrying mister Le Mans on our shoulders in the sports section.

And we(DFH) were on Dutch radio. The reporter staying with us thought it was a good idea to interview Paddy, Riert, Petra, Micha and me after getting back from the Champagne bar around 4:00. As a retaliation for giving him Tropicoma the day before.  angel

Drinking for Holland
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 04:02:52 pm »

the picture as shown in the saturday edition of the main paper Telegraaf Smiley
Hubertus C

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 08:08:05 am »

And the more colourful version of it: