Club Arnage
September 23, 2024, 11:33:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CDG Airport to Gare Montparnasse train station  (Read 3515 times)
Froger

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2007, 12:00:34 am »

Hi,,,,

Anybody know how long it takes to get from CDG to Gare Montparnasse train station by bus? Any tips on the route to take?

Thanks, Craig
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 12:28:43 am »

Hi Craig. Can't answer your question but have a good trip over and I will hook up with you on MB sometime on Friday afternoon. We look forward to you staying with us. We have plenty of cold beer and hot food. Get your arse over here and enjoy.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Froger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 01:03:58 am »

Hi Bob,,,

My arse is ready to go now!?!,,, hope the weather holds up, seems to be improving. See ya soon!!!!!!!!

Craig
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 04:31:47 am »

Hi,,,,

Anybody know how long it takes to get from CDG to Gare Montparnasse train station by bus? Any tips on the route to take?

Thanks, Craig

No, but if you want to go from CDG to Le Mans there are direct TGVs (High speed trains) from the airport to Le Mans, take 90 minutes, no need to go into Paris centre, much quicker. Just go to the train station (TGV) at CDG airport, have done this myself

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 09:52:56 am »

http://www.airfrance.com/double6/passage3.nsf/(LookupPublishedWeb)/en-OUTCO-CarsAF?OpenDocument

Click "Lines" then #4.

I used the Air France coach in '04 from Gare de Lyon to CDG and if I remember correctly, it was around 45 minutes or so.  I don't remember where Montparnasse is in relation to Gare De Lyon.  I paid cash on board but you can apparently buy in advance, also.  Not sure if cash is still accepted or not.

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
huggybear
CA Veteran

...as I recall, we were all terribly drunk.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 10:01:56 am »

Craig,
You want to get the air france bus ( I think its number 4 - there are a few different air france bus services into the city). It stops at all the terminals although you will be best of asking at info where exactly the stops are for whatever terminal you are in. If you are flying BA then once you have your luggage come through Duanes, turn left, walk about 150yds and you will come to restaurants. The bus stop is to the right, through some automatic doors. Look at the road markings to see where exactly your bus will stop. Its been a while since i did it so probably best with just asking at information where the stops are rather than relying on my memory!. I used to do it frequently - always worked well.The cost is about 13 euros, you can pay as you board. Should take about 40 minutes in clear traffic, up to 1hr 15 in the rush hour. Runs every 30 minutes but I can't remember what time past the hour. If you have any time to kill there is a friendly Irish pub just around the corner from the bus stop at Gare Montparnasse!
Good Luck,
Gareth
Jager

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 03:42:14 pm »

On my only previous visit, I arrive at CDG on Saturday mornin gand had no trouble getting the TGV straight to Le Mans. This year, I arrived on the Friday evening expecting to do the same only to find all the TGV tickets were sold and I would have to travel by Montparnasse.

I was told by the ticket office it should only take an hour. A combination of wet weather and Friday afternnon peak hour traffic meant it was more than 2 hours, meaning I then missed the TGV that I'd bought tickets for at CDG. Another half hour (and a further 24 Euro) was wasted booking new tickets, then my 7.05 TGV didn't depart until closer to 8.00pm. I'd originally hoped to get to LM by 6.00pm but in the end it was closer to 9.00pm. In future years I'll make sure I book my TGV tickets from CDG in advance !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: