Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 08:25:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best party at Le Mans !  (Read 11769 times)
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2007, 01:31:18 am »

There's something similar going on in Holland. RTL does the Dutch Le Mans tv coverage and through the grapevine they heard of the DfH party and they were planning on coming over on Friday to shoot some footage. Had a guy from RTL on the phone yesterday telling me they weren't going to make it this year with the plans they had. I said: "what's difficult about sending an interviewer, a cameraman and a sound man to a party when they are already there?".

Well, it appeared that they were thinking of building some sort of improvised studio on the DfH grounds, invite teams over for interviews, get a sponsor in and have us as an audience. And they are doing RTL Travel next year, so all the Dutch fans could be there! I didn't hear the rest, because I stopped his babbling. I said to him that's not going to happen. We don't need a sponsor to have a party, we don't need uninvited guests and we don't want to grow as an organisation.

Commercial enterprises, how well catered and organised they may be, will never be able to compete with anything the fans organize for themselves. I love and cherish that.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2007, 01:55:36 am »

There's something similar going on in Holland. RTL does the Dutch Le Mans tv coverage and through the grapevine they heard of the DfH party and they were planning on coming over on Friday to shoot some footage. Had a guy from RTL on the phone yesterday telling me they weren't going to make it this year with the plans they had. I said: "what's difficult about sending an interviewer, a cameraman and a sound man to a party when they are already there?".

Well, it appeared that they were thinking of building some sort of improvised studio on the DfH grounds, invite teams over for interviews, get a sponsor in and have us as an audience. And they are doing RTL Travel next year, so all the Dutch fans could be there! I didn't hear the rest, because I stopped his babbling. I said to him that's not going to happen. We don't need a sponsor to have a party, we don't need uninvited guests and we don't want to grow as an organisation.

Commercial enterprises, how well catered and organised they may be, will never be able to compete with anything the fans organize for themselves. I love and cherish that.

Sweet pete.. is that an official quote? I think you will have 110% agreement on that. Even if it does sound a bit corporate Grin Grin Grin

>Martini... see you soon buddy...

PS Sweet pete is not supposed to sound, well you know... thingy... Ga... no I cannot bring myself to write it...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 01:58:18 am by Martini » Logged

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2007, 02:04:27 am »

It is an official quote actually!  Grin I thought it was a ridiculous plan to commercialize it, but apparently that's the only language they speak.
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2007, 02:48:57 am »

Is there more than publicity oportunity for/from others, perhaps some sponsorship for next year maybe?

Andy
Lee Self
CA Veteran

Almost time for Sebring...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2007, 03:05:52 am »

That's just crazy. I doesn't have to be that hard, or complicated.

Sebring '01 - '02 The Russians had a 911 running in GT2, Yuros sponsorship...
anyway, there was a dude from Moscow1 TV (or something like that) he came out to 10,
by himself, with one sound guy/techie, shot his own video, did interviews, had a great
time The Gov (and myself) drank Vodka on camera that the Yuros drivers brought over for us.

a good time was had by all.

Why not ask Hindy to stop by for a campsite remote?

wish I was going to be there.

-Lee

Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sûrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2007, 06:04:20 am »

................  We don't need a sponsor to have a party, we don't need uninvited guests and we don't want to grow as an organisation.

I'll offer a big thumbsup to all at DfH for that alone. Motorsport is getting further and further away from the fans so it's great to see that some things can remain "by the fans, for the fans". Nice one!
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2007, 08:25:54 am »

I'm sure there will be some media coverage (I know for a fact that RTL GP Magazine will do a feature) and the tv guys might even be smart enough to find the grounds, but as said, we will never allow sponsorship into our party or any outside corporate interference for that matter. We're vain enough to like reading about ourselves, getting mentioned on Radio Le Mans or being on the telly for a nano second, but that's about it really.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2007, 08:28:49 am »

... fully agree Pieter, lets not make this a TV soap, besides I wouldn't like to have me, probably totally pissed at some stage, being covered on TV, you know, the wife, the kids, the customers Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 08:57:36 am by Werner » Logged

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2007, 08:47:14 am »

probably totally pissed at some stage

At some stage?Huh??

Werner I've never seen you at Le Mans when you aren't pissed  Grin

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2007, 12:10:46 am »

probably totally pissed at some stage

At some stage?Huh??

Werner I've never seen you at Le Mans when you aren't pissed  Grin

LOL   Grin

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2007, 04:06:42 am »

it's great to see that some things can remain "by the fans, for the fans"

I  don't want it to sound all too cliche, but that's the exact foundation DfH is built on. If I want to make money, I do my job. If I want to have fun with my mates, I go to Le Mans. It's that simple.

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2007, 10:08:37 am »

Sounds like a trip from the green and pleasant fields of the Annexe to the mean streets of MB could worthwhile.

How does does one (and his friends) get an invite?

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2007, 10:39:53 am »

Consider yourself invited Nordic. You saying who you are should do it. If not, ask for Paddy, LangTall or me.
24hourman
CA Veteran

Racing is life everything else is just waiting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2007, 11:36:38 am »

I would like to come along to the party on Friday night is there any thing I need to do ie. Charity donation etc to gain entrance. I was in Maison blanche last year but missed the party due to other commitments any info will be gratefully appreciated.

joe Flay

Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2007, 07:39:50 pm »

There's no "must do" at our camp, but donations, either at the auction or any other way would prove you're a gentleman.  Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: