Club Arnage
September 20, 2024, 04:50:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spa 24 Hours - useful stuff and w.w.w.w.  (Read 85388 times)
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2007, 01:47:05 am »

Whatever you do, avoid the campsite behind the hotel in Francorchamps. The biggest rip-off on the planet.  The 8 euros a day which they quote is for the car space, plus 8 euros a day for your tent (16 if it's more than a tiny one) and a day isn't 24 hours so if you stay from Friday to Sunday - that's 3 days according to them.  It cost the 2 of us 144 euros for 5 nights last year. Angry
Oh, and I forgot to mention, the great bit of this con is that when you arrive they wave you through with a cheery smile and say "pitch your tent first, we'll come and sort out the money later" so you think "how nice" but discover the rip off too late. The year before, we camped on the little bluff above the circuit entrance - were five minutes from the track and the 8 euros a night really was just that.  We're going back there this year.

Sorry, can you exlain this... I have been out on a do read this three times and do not really understand... sorry... where are you

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2007, 08:39:38 am »

The rip off campsite is the one directly behind the big bar (the Spa hotel?) in the middle of the village.  The decent campsite is in the trees above the main entrance on top of the bluff.  Head towards the circuit, take the second exit off the roundabout just before the entrance and it's the first campsite on the right.  Great because you can see the cars in about 6 different places on the circuit from there.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
keithk
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2007, 10:45:34 am »

Ferry booked Wink, camp site booked Wink...... Get the next two weeks out the way Cheesy and start packing for Spa!!!!! Grin Grin
MikeH
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2007, 01:19:22 am »

The Spa 24 Hours is an excellent race, very different from Le Mans though, despite similar cars being involved.

It's not as extravagant as Le Mans can get in terms of the drinking and partying etc. but we still manage to have a good time!

I would reccomend the Eau Rouge campsite myself, particularly if you are going for a few days, which I also reccomend! It has decent facilities, showers which are a godsend, and very friendly. In contrast, the Les Combes one has nothing like that and is fairly inhospitable. We stayed there in 2005, luckily only for one night. I wouldn't want to spend a week there!

In 2006 we moved there on the Saturday morning, as we weren't planning to sleep much, so didn't want to pay for another night. We never went back there until about 6pm on the Sunday, when it was very bleak and empty, and chucking it down with rain. Not ideal for trying to take down a tent!

This year I think I'll be in a hotel though...

I would reccomend the bar behind the pit buildings (if it's still there!) on Saturday night as well. Also, visit it on every other night, morning and afternoon. You know it makes sense!

mdh-photography.co.uk
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2007, 11:41:48 am »

Le Mans is over, long live Le Mans. So to Spa, a couple more questions.

Is it worth buying tickets online?

Should I include the paddock and what does this involve?

Any other info welcomed

Condor ticket booked (with a refund of £39 for overcharge for early booking!)

Eau Rouge campsite booked.

>Martini...

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2007, 11:51:39 am »

I like the paddock because you can get inside Eau Rouge woops, sorry, La Source, as well as poke around some of the cars - it's not that much more expensive.  Advance booking's not really neccessary, just might save a bit of queueing time.

edited
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 01:29:53 pm by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2007, 12:50:27 pm »

Deff have Paddock access, it's easier to get around plus you can get to "the bar" behind the pits and Spa wouldn't be Spa without that  Grin

I've never bought a ticket so can't help there!
If booking allows you to park in the carparks just outside the tunnel then I'd go for that as it makes getting around easier, you may just be able to drive in and pay though.  Pieter might know.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2007, 12:52:20 pm »

Advanced booking didn't give me any cp advantages last year, and none are mentioned this.

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2007, 12:55:55 pm »

Termie do you know if you can drive into the main circuit carparks and pay to park or whether they are carpass only?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2007, 01:00:15 pm »

They seem to be for passes only - we mere mortals have to use the public ones and walk.  I guess there's just a space shortage.  I've tried the on-line booking to find out if parking is available but with no luck.

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2007, 11:59:57 am »

After minimal humming and hah-ing, we've booked into Eau Rouge campsite from Tuesday night, having decided that the circuit sites are a bit basic for a longer stay.  See you there. Smiley

Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2007, 05:46:24 pm »

Will not get there until the thursday sometime, I am arriving in St Malo at about 1645 on the Wed then driving up over wed/thurs. Arrive late afternoon I guess.

Looking forward to the drive though.

Still no info about the support race timings/days.

>Martini...

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2007, 06:00:42 pm »

I am still having a bit of a dither about this one... quite fancy it, but such chaos on my return to work today I am a bit hesitant asking for more days off just at the moment.   Roll Eyes

F
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2007, 07:39:07 pm »

We're booked  Grin   Can't wait... I love Spa  Grin
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2007, 09:17:15 pm »

Campsite is booked.  Well at least I think it is.  All that Dutch had me very confused...  Wink

It looks remarkably like I'll be bringing an old friend with me.  Amazingly he got a pass from the wife to have a weekend away.  I think he nearly died of shock when she said, "Yes, you can go."

Anyway it's only going to be a short trip as will be travelling Thursday night and arriving at some ungodly hour on Friday morning.  Still it beats staying in England!!!   Grin Grin Grin

See you all there soon. Cool
Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: