Club Arnage
September 20, 2024, 02:39:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spa 24 Hours - useful stuff and w.w.w.w.  (Read 85245 times)
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2007, 10:39:33 pm »

OK, as requested by Martini.....

A thread for useful info about Spa...

We camp at the Eau Rogue Campsite - which isn't near the Eau Rouge corner, it's a nice site, there tend to be a number of the same folk there each year.  It's very much a family campsite so not suited to all night parties  Grin   http://www.eaurouge.nl/ 

It's worth getting to the area for the drivers parade (which we think is Wednesday - check the old threads), where the race cars are driven on the open road from the circuit to Spa town - it's a fantastic sight.  Check out the pics here http://www.gtphotosport.com/spa24_06/index.html and look at the previous years as well. 

Hopefully Pieter can add some of his experiences from last year's 24 hour, as we have media access I don't know much about where you'd park at the circuit etc.

Oh and who, what, when, where......

Piglet & Keith K - probably from Tuesday/Wednesday of the week ahead of the 24 - Eau Rouge Camping. 

rcutler
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 11:16:17 pm »

I might make it out for the weekend?

Just need to sort out some leave.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 12:25:02 am »

See you there.  We will try to find the right bar this year!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 07:30:45 am »

You're right Anita, the drivers parade is usually on Wednesday. Oddly enough, there's nothing about this on the provisional time table. Btw, the Spa24Hs web site changed to www.total24hours.com.
I hope to be there from Wednesday on. I very much recommend the drivers parade as you can actually follow the race cars via public roads from the Spa town center to the circuit.

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 08:30:24 am »

This was on my list for last year (I even bought a ticket!) but unfortunately I never made it.... work n money n all that sort of thing got in the way.

Will give it a bit more thought this year!

I see there is a running race around the track - anyone up for that???   Grin

F
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 09:47:04 am »

I see there is a running race around the track - anyone up for that???   Grin

F

God no!!  Having walked round Spa there is no way on this earth I'd want to (or be able to!) run round it!   
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 10:27:24 am »

Having walked round Spa there is no way on this earth I'd want to (or be able to!) run round it!   

Having just watched a lap on youtube, I think you might be right.   Whats that blimmin great hill doing there???   Shocked

F
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 10:32:02 am »

Killing every muscle in your legs whilst walking round the circuit. Did that in 2005 during the LMS race, was a nice 7 km walk, Feeling kinda deadish afterwarths.

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 04:32:39 pm »

I will join Piglet and Keith on that Eau Rouge camping again this year. I hope to arrive a couple of days earlier than last year, to catch the parade to Spa. It's a brilliant event with a nice relaxed atmosphere and a must for everybody who appreciates GT racing.

Parking is not a problem at all, there are many places to park all round the track, so it's best to decide first where you want to be at the track and then decide what parking suits your needs most. I'm not sure if I paid extra money to get into the paddock area. If I did, it was worth the extra money. That's where the party is Saturday night and you can easily go from there to the (formerly known as) Bus Stop, Eau Rouge and La Source hairpin.

If camping isn't your thing, there are many very affordable hostels and hotels in the neighbourhood. Food is generally very good, unless you order the odd Mexicano. Stay away from that, ask Paddy for details.
And of course it's a great beer country. Try them all or give it your best shot!

It's hard to compare the event with anything, but if the words Spa-Francorchamps, Belgian beer, great food, relaxed atmosphere and top of the bill GT racing mean anything to you, join in!
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 08:13:16 pm »

I will most probably having major jetlag from my trip to Indonesia, so what better way to get rid of it by watching a race for 24 hours. So count me in. I won't camp however, I will just drive over on the saturday and drive back on sunday, with or without catching some zeese in the car.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 10:20:54 pm »

If going to this event where would one fly into?
Also are there any other 24hr.races worth going to in Europe?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 10:24:41 pm by amazing 1 » Logged

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2007, 10:27:26 pm »

If going to this event where would one fly into?
Also are there any other 24hr.races worth going to in Europe?

Going to Spa one would fly to Brussels (1 hour by car to the track), Amsterdam (app. 2 hours ), Frankfurt (app. 3 hours)

24 hours at the Nürburgring - one week prior to Le Mans - is also worth watching

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 10:37:55 pm »

As Werner says you could fly into Brussels, but much as I love Spa and the area around it, it's not anywhere near the "event" that LM is.  If I were paying for a transatlantic flight I'm not sure I'd use it for Spa, I'd save it for LM 24 or even the LM Classic next year.

2CV 24 hour at Snetterton last weekend - it's usually a good event  Grin
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 10:40:32 pm »

Spa is a real revelation when you see it in the flesh.  Nothing that you can see on the TV prepares you for the place.  It's the race I'd go to but then I haven't done the 'Ring (shadow of its former self?)

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 11:04:47 pm »

Randy, if you would come to Europe a week before Spa, you could go to the F1 race at the Nürburgring. Together with the Spa 24 that's a nice package within one week and very close to each other.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: